This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I think I pretty well nailed my interview with Zvox. They're just going to talk to my references and get back to me on Friday. I'm going to be out of retail finally!

An update: They offered me the job, and as of September 6th I am out of retail and working for a company that I absolutely love. I was so scared that I was going to be stuck at Best Buy another year and spend half my life working in that God forsaken store, but I'm free, free at last!
  • Yay, good for you.
  • Congratulations.
  • edited August 2016
    Super! That's always really cool to work for a company you have a personal connection with.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • Booh yah dude! One of the best things that can happen.
  • Thanks everyone. It's been a long, hard road. A lot of people either said no, we don't want you, or never bothered to respond to my applications, so this is still a shock. They didn't even have a help wanted ad, I just emailed them with my resume and asked if they were looking for someone.
  • Tomorrow I'll be in ICELAND picking up a 4x4 truck/camper for 9 days of awesome touring around the interior to see waterfalls and volcanoes and glaciers and sheep and auroras and stuff.
  • You have my envy, sir. That's my #2 destination, right behind my #1 which I'll be in tomorrow. Happy travels!
  • Italy. While I was born there, and used to go very frequently to my hometown, I've never been to the touristy places. That's why my upcoming trip to see Milan, Venice, Rome, and Florence (ending up in my hometown, Baucina) over 13 days is so exiting.
  • Cool. I do Italy ten times per year, so I'm totally spoiled with the main tourist cities. Venice and Rome are my favourites from that list.
  • Well if I recall correctly, you can do Italy by driving if you desire. Which I'm very jealous of. Also I'm very excited for both those destinations and when I was allotting days, Rome and Venice got the most as they're the ones I'm most excited for.
  • I'm calling this a boo yah.
  • I spent this past weekend up in the White Mountains in New Hampshire driving around hunting for geocaches. We covered about 400 miles, seeing Franconia Notch, Mount Washington, The Kancamagus Highway, and Jackson and Conway, NH. We even got a free upgrade to a penthouse suite at the hotel we stopped at because we showed up late in the day. (But not too late to go for a swim at the pool and then go to the local Irish Pub for dinner and live music).

It was a fantastic weekend and I've got to make it a point to put together more of those.
  • Iceland is amazing! We are half way through our 8 day trip and it's better than I could have imagined.

We are video blogging, but due to bandwidth issues I'm only posting the daily 5 minutes videos to Facebook. If you're friends with me there you can follow along by I'll upload them in high quality to YouTube once I'm home.

• huh you are in Iceland the same time as a friend of mine heh. It's her second time there in two years.
  • I've just got a new job! I'm going into a much smaller construction business to manage their accounts and supply chain and modernise their systems. This month marks my 11th year in my current job and leaving it is long overdue.

We got all of our Iceland kit on Saturday because my fiance and I are going in November.
  • edited September 2016

I've just got a new job! I'm going into a much smaller construction business to manage their accounts and supply chain and modernise their systems. This month marks my 11th year in my current job and leaving it is long overdue.

We got all of our Iceland kit on Saturday because my fiance and I are going in November.

Double awesome!

For my part, I just had a tiring but extremely awesome weekend at Anime California. It was my first year performing (or going) there and my panels were very well attended. Save for "How to Survive Your First Convention" which was overlapped by opening ceremonies due to tech problems in Main Events, all of them were more than half filled with "Economic of Animal Crossing" and my Pokemon Go panel getting full houses. My audiences had FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS! I got to hang out with some of my voice actor friends, people came up and thanked me for how thorough and researched my panels were, people were asking for my autograph and to take pictures with my after panels... someone even asked me to sign a picture (not of me, thankfully, but a illustration of Tracer) to her friend. I wrote "To (friends name), Your friend (signing asker) asked me to sign this to you. I don't know why. - Victor Frost".

And then (and this is the best part of the whole weekend), after my Pokemon Go lecture, this eleven year old little girl who I remembered from my anime sound design panel came up and asked if I had a YouTube channel. I about died. I did pull her dad aside, though, and explained that there is stuff on my channel (the podcasts in particular) that is not kid appropriate.

A great weekend. I got home yesterday around 6pm, ate, then slept from 7:30pm to 9am.

Totally balances out having to haul a desktop to the con everyday.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Lost 78.6 pounds and I've kept it off for 7 years, after a few bouts of eating a stable diet, I'm going for the new high (low score) of 220 lbs. I honestly thought anyone was capable of doing this, but apparently the success rate is 1 out of 7...

I went from being the fattest family member to being the thinnest.
  • Man, you don't tell her dad that. FRCF podcasts are just the right amount of inappropriate for that age. I started listening to Geeknights just a few weeks after turning twelve, and it was a great influence on me. Same is the case for Pegu. FNPL could be that for her.
  • And then (and this is the best part of the whole weekend), after my Pokemon Go lecture, this eleven year old little girl who I remembered from my anime sound design panel came up and asked if I had a YouTube channel. I about died. I did pull her dad aside, though, and explained that there is stuff on my channel (the podcasts in particular) that is not kid appropriate.

Yes, but to their credit, I don't recall Other Scott rambling about how the entire republican primary is just a political sideshow where fucking psychos enter a lying competition to decide which gets to spray their corrosive, poisonous spunk on the faces of the American people before wiping up with the flag, or Rym swearing enough that not stopping to bleep out the swears actually cut the editing time literally in half.
  • After having moving back to the US, I've had a hard time finding work again, but now I've got two jobs (in my field, even!) in as many days. They're part time for now, but they both have the potential to become full time fairly soon.
  • Was DDRing today and passed my first real 10-footer.
  • BOO-YAH, nice dude. I'm still stuck in the pleblands of 7-8 footers. 9 if I'm both warmed up and not extremely tired, a very rare combo.
  • A very promising job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck.
  • Greg said:

A very promising job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Luck!
  • Greg said:

A very promising job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Seriously. dude, good luck. Nothing improved my mental status more than my current job.