This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Tales From the Tabletop

2»

Comments

• pence said:

That isn't embellished, those were his exact words.

"Games are better when you're crushing your enemies."

By Crom.

He's not wrong.

• Late night MAGFest had a great game if "pro" Jungle Speed, half the time Montell Chilliams reacted to the false matches in a "fuck this game" expression I could not stop laughing.
  • That's why I always use the Overwatch "don't match me with this player" feature to stop myself from getting matched with people better than me /s
  • One time I played The Order of the Stick Adventure Game. 'Nuff said.
  • I played the Order of the Stick once at a convention and I knew that it can go on and on forever. One way you can get a bonus is by trading loot that other characters desire and most loot is desired by multiple characters. What I did was say to another player that we would continue passing the same loot back and forth between each other every turn and we'd get way ahead of everyone else. This other player inevitably betrayed me at the end and kept all the stuff we'd been sharing back and forth. He won but the game ended fast and that was my utility.
  • At a PAX party many years ago, I whipped out Glory to Rome after a to-this-point friendly person showed interest and we wanted to play a game with a small group before a thing happened. Seemed fine. Even a teaching game of GTR doesn't take that long.

It was as though a mask had been removed. The friendly person was some sort of temporal monster, combining extremely slow turns with clear anger at doing poorly and rising pissiness edging into outright whining.

The game took so long I actually just called it after a little over an hour, said it would take too long to finish, and excused myself to the bathroom to escape the social orbit of piss.
  • I was doing a review of Tabletop Simulator, using the Vive. I joined a game (I think it was Smash Up or Secret Hitler, it really doesn't matter). There was a man with a fedora voice who addressed everyone as "squire." Nothing else matters.
  • Was he a knight?
  • Matt said:

I was doing a review of Tabletop Simulator, using the Vive. I joined a game (I think it was Smash Up or Secret Hitler, it really doesn't matter). There was a man with a fedora voice who addressed everyone as "squire." Nothing else matters.

I don't have a problem with it.