This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Tuesday - Patchwork

Tonight on GeekNights, we review Uwe Rosenberg's Patchwork. It's a cute, quick-to-learn two player game, in the realm of Morels or Lost Cities. Worth adding to your collection. In the news, I hope you voted, Blizzard makes serious moves into professionalizing esports, and all the Blizzard stuff happened simultaneous to all the Netrunner stuff and all the PAX Aus stuff: big week(end) for gaming news!

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• In the opening bit, Rym mentioned "open the pod bay doors" in regards to line management, can someone explain that? Google fails me and I could use an interesting diversion this morning.
  • In the opening bit, Rym mentioned "open the pod bay doors" in regards to line management, can someone explain that? Google fails me and I could use an interesting diversion this morning.

• That is the core concept of modern line management. Serpentine is baby's first mistake.
  • When we played Patchwork, Anthony and I thought "Geeknights game." Behold!
  • Only just catching up on this episode, but Rym's right, Scott's wrong RE Media reporting causes more mass shootings.
    It's a regularly repeated myth, but the only evidence that ever existed - if you could even call it that - that I'm aware of was a single paper by a not terribly well regarded Canadian social scientist, which did not stand up under peer review, and one paper in PLOS One inspired by that paper, which has been subject to a lot of hot takes, but so far has not been able to be replicated using the same data.