This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Book Club - Politics Club: The Coming Third Reich

In the inaugural GeekNights Politics Club episode, with guests Andrew and the other Scott, we discuss Richard J. Evans' The Coming of the Third Reich.

From Amazon:

" There is no story in twentieth-century history more important to understand than Hitler’s rise to power and the collapse of civilization in Nazi Germany. With The Coming of the Third Reich , Richard Evans, one of the world’s most distinguished historians, has written the definitive account for our time. A masterful synthesis of a vast body of scholarly work integrated with important new research and interpretations."

This is part one, as we segue into contemporary politics in a part two that is forthcoming.

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• Glad you guys are doing a history book. I don't feel a desire to read 21 hours of Nazis, but I'll probably read the next one.
  • For something a little different, what about The China Model? It investigates Political Meritocracy based on and improved from China's government, as a possible alternative to democracy in the West. I saw some people recommending people read it after Trump won.
  • You're being sarcastic, right?
    What better way to oppose Trump than to embrace the other political dictatorial extreme?
  • Did this episode of end really suddenly for anyone else? I feel like I got an incomplete mp3.
  • Did this episode of end really suddenly for anyone else? I feel like I got an incomplete mp3.

There is a whole second half of the conversation. I think it's going up as a second episode
  • Daikun said:

You're being sarcastic, right?
    What better way to oppose Trump than to embrace the other political dictatorial extreme?

I'm not serious about throwing out democracy because of Trump, I am serious about reading the book.
  • If you guys setup a referral link, I'd gladly use it to buy this book. Definitely interested after listening to the episode!