This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• Rym said:

Reins are still very useful in clearing out a payload or holding a chokepoint.

But in light of buffed D.Va/Pharah and Sombra's existence, Reins have to be much more active. It is now a dynamic and difficult role.

So I'd say Rein is just as useful as he always was, but the skill required to achieve that is higher.

Rein's big advantage is you can't hack through the shield, but you can hack through Defense Matrix. Makes a Sombra's life tougher.
  • edited November 2016
    Symmetra redesign:

Cliffnotes:
    * Symmetra gets two different ultimates. The teleporter remains, but she can now instead build a Shield-Generator that provides shields for allies in that buildings vicinity.
    * Ulti-Buildings get more health in form of shields.
    * She no longer provides shields to people. Instead she gets a barrier projection ability similar to Reinhardt or Winston.
    * Her turret-pocket-threshold is increased to six instead of three. She can still only have six turrets active at a time but she can have up to six ready to be placed down instead of only three. She will also have six available at the start of the match.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on

• I am all for these changes,but that shield generator sounds like pushing the last point on attack a bit more obnoxious.
  • ThatGent said:

I am all for these changes,but that shield generator sounds like pushing the last point on attack a bit more obnoxious.

Well, it is still an ultimate and at least this allows Symmetra to be an option on a last point on defense instead of having an ultimate that is basically completely negligible.
  • I'm into it.
  • edited November 2016
    Wooo! I am totally stoked about this. That three turret limit was always a grumbly for me. I've very interested in developing strategies with the new photon shield thing.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The only part of Sym I really enjoy is clever turret placement. That's the most fun aspect of the character.
  • I enjoyed the whole area control info part of her, like I always could use a turret to know someone is coming from a particular direction and orient myself for maximum surprise.
  • I can see some strats that involve 2 turrets on one flank, with a bastion covering it and center. 4 turrets on the other flank, with Symmetra and Mei hanging out in there.

Tank Healer DPS in the middle.
  • There have been times when I've teamed up with the Sym as Junkrat and dropped a bear trap just inside their turrets. THAT'S fun.
  • edited November 2016
    That sounds exciting, and may very well make her viable. I'm wondering the range of that shield generator and whether it can be placed in spawn closest to the second defense point in anubis and give some coverage of the point, seeing as it doesn't require line of sight.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Symmetra changes are live on the PTR. For anybody who doesn't want to install a second copy of Overwatch on their PC, this is approximately what the changes look like:

The Shield Generator has tremendous range, and so does the barrier projector that basically just goes until it either leaves the map or runs into an object. The Barrier appears to take damage and can be destroyed, and moves at walking pace meaning that you can use it to push.
  • One problem with Symmetra, I feel like, was that she usually wasn't a good replacement for a healer and having her with two healers left the team weak on offensive side.
    The new Symmetra still isn't a fit for healer slot, but I can see her as a replacement for a tank. Instead of being beefy like most tanks, she makes everyone beefy with the shield generator and she has portable Reinhartd on 10 second cooldown.
  • Symmetra is a Defense character. She doesn't have the heals or buff to be a Support. She doesn't has the bust damage or mobility to be an Attack. She's doesn't have the staying power of a real Tank.

She does have AMAZING point control and can now provide mobile cover.
  • Christmas event starts December 13th.
  • Had possibly my worst game ever as healer. First as Ana I'm trying to heal a badly injured Torb, but the slightly-hurt reaper starts dancing in front of him to steal the health. Then I switch to Mercy and 20 seconds later people get mad at me for not rezzing (my meter was at 50%). Then the same reaper starts spamming the "need healing" button while behind enemy lines, or hitting it then running away behind a wall, then getting super indignant. How can people actually be this stupid?
  • Ikatono said:

Had possibly my worst game ever as healer. First as Ana I'm trying to heal a badly injured Torb, but the slightly-hurt reaper starts dancing in front of him to steal the health. Then I switch to Mercy and 20 seconds later people get mad at me for not rezzing (my meter was at 50%). Then the same reaper starts spamming the "need healing" button while behind enemy lines, or hitting it then running away behind a wall, then getting super indignant. How can people actually be this stupid?

The reaper was probably mashing his keys and constantly triggering the 'x' key when pressing 's'.

I have done this for Tracer accidentally before when playing on a membrane keyboard. The rest of the stuff when he's in front of you is just stupid, tell them so over comms.
  • Nah he made his feelings known in the chat. I was supposed to abandon the other teammates to heal him so he could ult and definitely save the day.
  • Christmas event is live. Also this includes the changes to Symmetra.
  • Neat, Mei snowball fights.
  • chaosof99 said:

Christmas event is live. Also this includes the changes to Symmetra.

GET HYPE, BITCHES.
  • Mei's golden gun mode is the perfect mixture of whimsy and terror. That tension turned awkwardness as both opponents fire and miss their respective shots is a thing of beauty. Then you remember that everyone is Mei so that 5 stack is timing their ice walls to never let anyone leave while trying really hard to 360 noscope everyone with a snowball...
  • Blizzard released a comic that shows that Tracer is in a relationship with another woman. Shitty assholes around the world are screaming bloody murder. Fuck those guys.
  • chaosof99 said:

Blizzard released a comic that shows that Tracer is in a relationship with another woman. Shitty assholes around the world are screaming bloody murder. Fuck those guys.

Also some other hits in there. Look for widowmaker, then look up her lore. Also, Jessie and Sombra drinking together, along with another two outlaws hanging out.
  • Churba said:

chaosof99 said:

Blizzard released a comic that shows that Tracer is in a relationship with another woman. Shitty assholes around the world are screaming bloody murder. Fuck those guys.

Also some other hits in there. Look for widowmaker, then look up her lore. Also, Jessie and Sombra drinking together, along with another two outlaws hanging out.
    Anyone know who Pharah is having dinner with?
  • Andrew said:

Churba said:

chaosof99 said:

Anyone know who Pharah is having dinner with?
    Unknown, the only dudes from her past we have names for are Tariq and Saleh, and I think it's Tariq, looking at the hair and jawline. but it might not be.
  • edited December 2016
    Her dad maybe.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on