This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Geeknights 7 days a week feed

edited April 2008 in Suggestions
While this might not be useful for someone who has already listened to all the archives they want to; Have you ever thought of making a GeekNights feed that puts a show from the archives up every Friday, Saturday and Sunday so people can get the archives automatically.
Just a thought, any ideas?

Comments

• Do people really have time to listen to seven episodes a week? I barely have the time to listen to one a week!
  • Being a punk kid, I've got lots of time. I've listened to all of the episodes already, but I wouldn't mind this.
  • Are you saying that they re-post old episodes in a new feed. I think what would be better is a Best of Geeknights feed. That way new listeners don't have to sift through a huge pile of episodes to get to the good ones.
  • Do people really have time to listen to seven episodes a week? I barely have the time to listen to one a week!
    Well...I'm on the computer at least 2 hours a day, unless I'm at a con or something. Usually when I'm on the computer, I'm listening to music or podcasts. So yeah, finding time for all the geeknights episodes really isn't hard for me.
  • If they want to hear them that badly, just manually download them.
  • Maybe a most-listened feed might be cool for new listeners, but just going back through the archives from the beginning isn't all that difficult.
  • edited April 2008
    going back through the archives from the beginning isn't all that difficult.
    Scrym said something about having a single page with download links but never got round to it. Having twenty or so tabs open and systematically downloading them probably puts quite a few people off compared to a feed.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Lately I've just been going through the archives looking for stuff that gets my attention. I figure eventually I'll listen to everything.
  • edited April 2008
    I've already listened to every episode but I still find them immensely entertaining. I like the idea of a feed with random episodes on saturday and Sunday, although that might be hard automate in Wordpress.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • If they want to hear them that badly, just manually download them.