This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pixar Shorts and Feature-Length Films

Comments

• There were three good things about that movie:
    1. It looked amazing.
    2. The music was fun.
    3. Robin Williams (not at his best, but still pretty good)
    The story was terrible, the majority of the characters sucked, and...
    it was corny
  • I found Ratatouille to be their weakest movie yet. I can't understand why people liked it so much.

Personally, I think the best are the two Toy Stories, A Bug's Life, and The Incredibles in that order.
  • My favorite quote for Ratatouille:

Dad: Where are you going?!
    Remy: With luck, forward.
  • My favourite was "I hate to be rude, but we're French."
    I found Ratatouille to be their weakest movie yet.
    Care to elaborate?
  • edited June 2008
    My favourite was "I hate to be rude, but we're French."
    Paraphrasing:

Remy: You have a son!
    Gusteau: I have a son!?
    Remy: How do you not know that!
    Guteau: I'm a figment of your imagination. I know what you know!

Also, this thread reminded me of the fact that at 10 I could recite the entire script of Toy Story by memory.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Care to elaborate?
    Like I said, I thought it was mediocre. There was nothing especially good or especially bad to say about it. I just can't understand why people find it to be the best. Certainly I laughed more during all their other movies, even Cars. And I certainly found all the characters in their other films to be far more likable.
  • I re-watched Toy Story 2 today, and when Jessie's song came up I couldn't stop myself from finding my old favourite stuffed animals and giving them a hug. I think that scene is so powerful because it has happened to everyone and it just makes you remember all of the good times you had with your toys and it makes you feel like a massive prick for either giving them away or putting them in storage.
  • I re-watched Toy Story 2 today, and when Jessie's song came up I couldn't stop myself from finding my old favourite stuffed animals and giving them a hug. I think that scene is so powerful because it has happened to everyone and it just makes you remember all of the good times you had with your toys and it makes you feel like a massive prick for either giving them away or putting them in storage.
    I still have Tigo in my room. It's been my tiger since I was a little kid. It was my Hobbes.
  • Just watched Wall-E. It's a tough decision, however this is probably my favorite Pixar film to date. It's hard not to fall in love with Wall-E. There were moments when I cried, but there were more moments where I smiled and laughed. I would definitely recommend watching this movie in the theaters. I really wonder if people will get the major themes of this movie that I got: Be Green and don't be a lazy fat ass. ^_^
  • I'm about to see Wall-E in a couple of hours on a Digital Projection Screen (high quality picture ftw), but being unable to have any opinion of Wall-E what-so-ever (other than it looks incredibly cute)... Finding Nemo was a movie I fell in love with. When ever I think of Pixar the first movie that pops into my head is toy story... but then I remember Finding Nemo and I smile.
  • Seeing Wall-E tomorrow.
  • Oh man, Jessie's Song made me keep my Elmo doll. It's maybe a year younger than me, which isn't saying much, but since I plan on keeping it just in case I have kids... that will be cool to have something that old and meaningful.
    Toy Stories, A Bug's Life, and The Incredibles in that order.
  • I just saw Wall-E and I must say... everybody needs to see this movie. I actually did not find any faults in this movie, and that scares me.
  • I just saw Wall-E too... it was amazing.
  • It doesn't particularly interest me. It looks like a remake of Short Circuit. And I didn't like Short Circuit in the first place.
    image image

Coincidence? YOU DECIDE!
  • You didn't like Short Circuit? Get the hell off my Internets.

Seriously, though, Wall-E was fucking fantastic. Go see it. You'll like it, really. If you don't, kill yourself.
  • Is it me or does Wall-E has a Portal like look with all the white and shine (the white robot is a even more futuristic sentry)?

Why can't they release this movie simultainiously world wide? I have to wait until September to see it (here in Australia/New Zealand, see why we support piracy).
  • Why can't they release this movie simultainiously world wide? I have to wait until September to see it (here in Australia/New Zealand, see why we support piracy).
    The marketing industry still lives in the 1980's. I agree with you, what stupid reason do they have for not showing it everywhere at the same time?
  • It looks like a remake of Short Circuit.
    Despite both of them looking a little similar, the movies couldn't be more different.
  • think their highest quality movie is currently Ratatouille, with The Incredibles being a close second.
    I'll go with the same two, but I'll reverse the order. I <3 me some Incredibles.</p>
    Better than Toy Story. Best Pixar movie yet.

The worst is probably Cars, followed by Ratatouille. Both of them were fine, they just didn't do it for me like the others.
  • Yeah I just got back and not only would I say that its probably the best Pixar movie yet. It's brilliant on so many levels. Also the short at the start of the movie is hilarious.
  • Yeah I just got back and not only would I say that its probably the best Pixar movie yet. It's brilliant on so many levels. Also the short at the start of the movie is hilarious.
    It's also a great reference to the Sorcerer's Apprentice.
  • Do you mean WALL-E?
  • No, the short before Wall-E. The sparkly hat was Yensid's hat from the Sorcerer's Apprentice.
  • Hahaha. Bunny needs his supper. PWNED!
  • Oh man. Definitely their best film.
  • Hahaha. Bunny needs his supper. PWNED!
    The short was like an old Bugs Bunny short, but so much better and not as racist. I loved the title card they showed at the beginning (the one that looked like the old title cards they showed before the Disney shorts).
  • I went to go see Wall-e today, but I was late and I missed the short. I hope somebody telesyncs it soon.
    Wall-e was great though. You could always understand what WALL-E and EVE meant, despite them barely saying anything. I guess that really shows how most of what you say is in how you say it.
  • I think that that is truly the brilliance of the movie. How they are able to convey this love story without words (for the most part.)
  • WALL-E rocked my socks! Loved the film!! Who has seen it and what do you think of it?