This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Forum Rules suggestions

RymRym
edited September 2006 in Forum Stuff
Seeing as how the forums are growing rapidly in recent weeks, I'm thinking of codifying the rules somewhat. Granted, there won't be many, but does anyone have any suggestions?

They'll likely be something along the lines of:
  • Mind your grammar and spelling.
  • Don't spam
  • Don't be annoying
  • Do not under any circumstances edit a post after the fact with intent to obfuscate, mislead, or defraud. (Grammar/spelling and corrections of a non-integral nature are all right.
I can't think of much else I would add. As the first and only court martial we had illustrated, we take these sorts of things on a case-by-case basis.

Comments

• Not really a rule but more of a suggestion to new members. Try to learn how to construct an effective argument when participating in Flamewars. Knowing how to avoid logical fallacies and how to appeal to the audience while informing them on your point will go miles in not only gaining respect around here but also allowing you to pwn n00bs.
  • And they called it the Anti-dumbass law, and it was good.
  • The "don't be annoying rule" is rather vague. Perhaps giving a few concrete examples.
  • "flamming geek" provided more example than we could ever provide. Perhaps I'll link to his posting history.
  • "flamming geek" provided more example than we could ever provide. Perhaps I'll link to his posting history.
    I'd love to see that.
  • "Flamming geek?" I seen that user name on another forum.
  • edited September 2006
    "flamming geek" provided more example than we could ever provide. Perhaps I'll link to his posting history.
    I'd love to see that.
    Same here. I joined (and started using) the forums after the "rise and fall" of the flamming geek.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • MasterOfTheUniverse, for furture reference, make sure you click the correct button for "Format comments as" section below the textbox. Thanks :)
  • MasterOfTheUniverse, for furture reference, make sure you click the correct button for "Format comments as" section below the textbox. Thanks :)
    Oh, so THAT'S what that was! Okay, thanks! :-D
  • edited September 2006
    I have made a collection of most of the threads which lead to The Flamming Geeks court martial. Learn well young ones, learn well.

The Court Martial
    Language and Lies
    Teh Ghey?
    Bulls*clap*hit
    My name is spelled wrong
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited September 2006
    I like the way Kingdom of Loathing put it: "Refrain from displays of general jackassery"
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Maybe one about checking previous forums for topics before starting a new one. To make sure that topics don't get repeated.
  • There should be a rule about not making a topic about something there is already a topic about.

/Smartass