This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Identify Yourself

Comments

• I'll keep that in mind.
  • My name is Cody. Currently live in Tennessee. I'm 22 and a college student. At this moment, I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do for a career. I've been listening to GeekNights for quite a few months so now I've finally joined the forums.

I have a few hobbies: I like to play music, mostly on guitar and bass, and I'm classically trained on nylon acoustic guitar. Playing with bands is fun. I also like to do illustrations. Sometimes I write for my own blog about the entertainment media I consume but I haven't really posted much content yet. I'd like to make entertaining videos someday.

I'm also a fan of comics, cartoons, manga, anime, giant robots, music, film, and video games. I'm particularly a fan of old school video games for most consoles from the Sega Master System up to the Gamecube era.
  • Hello, I'm Frey. I'm 23.
    I've been listening to Geeknights since about 2009. I absolutely love this Podcast. I just listen to the show and haven't touched the forums... well... ever.
    My goal is to join as many fandoms as possible and I want to learn everything.
    My current list of things I'm learning is drawing, vectoring, coding, website building, and general tech stuff.
    I currently live in Utah, but I'm from Texas. I lived in Japan for 2 years. I'm currently attending a University trying to learn Computer Science with a minor in Japanese.
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Frey, I'm Grey. I am also 23, also roughly started listening in 2009, I also currently live in Utah. I am also attending University, but I am majoring in Physics.

Now, is this going to be a Highlander situation?
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • There can be only a few...
  • I mean, more than a few is highly unlikely.
  • edited December 2013
    I'm Michipoo18 everywhere on the internet.

I'm 28 and live in South Texas.

Been listening to the podcast ever since I found the Utena videos.

Likes = video games, anime/cartoons, and fishing

My brother is building me a custom MLP fishing rod for Christmas lol. I'll post some pictures when it's complete. ^_^
    Post edited by Michipoo18 on

• My brother is building me a custom MLP fishing rod for Christmas lol. I'll post some pictures when it's complete. ^_^

Welcome to the forums, is the fishing rod going to be "Rainbow Catch?"
  • Coldguy said:

My brother is building me a custom MLP fishing rod for Christmas lol. I'll post some pictures when it's complete. ^_^

Welcome to the forums, is the fishing rod going to be "Rainbow Catch?"
    Now that you mention it, I realize that my family does give names to fishing rods. "Rainbow Catch" sounds like a good one. My first idea was "Rainbow Rod"....but that sounds kinda .... hmmmm ;)
  • Rainbow Trout.
  • Rainbow Trout.

Nice! :)
  • In the real world my name is Tyler, on the internet, I go by Tomovasky. I am 28 and currently work for Boeing’s customer relationship department. I am kind of a mix of concierge, travel agent, office assistance, problem solver for VIP customers coming in to buy/delivery airplanes. Also I am currently going to college, right now my association degree in business fundamentals, than going for my bachelors in project management… or so is the plan at this time.
    I have been listening to Geek Nights off and on for years curtly I am trying to catch up on all the shows form 2012. With me listing to so many episodes, I thought I would take a more active role in the community.
    As far as me as a geek, well I enjoy all everything from games, comics, Tech , random gifts of the internet ect.ect.ect.
  • Hello everyone,

I have been lurking Geeknights for a few years since I saw their panel on beyond D&D at Otakon in 06 I think? Clearly a sign of age since they pretty much denounce Otakon anymore haha.

I recently turned 27 and am currently living and working in Japan as a trainer/manager of English teachers. I can understand and create the moon runes and have recently found myself back into anime and other things thanks to a couple of key reccomendations by Rym and Scott.

I will most likely continue to lurk perhaps throwing in a comment here and there.

宜しくお願いします
  • Nice!

It's still funny to me that Beyond D&D was the most popular thing we ever did at any anime con ever.
  • Thanks for the comment man. It was the right place at the right time honestly. I loved RP and only knew one thing at the time and you guys presented a ton of good new ideas and games as well as open my eyes to a lot of (notta so good)things in D&D I took as end all be alls and shed some light on them. Thank you! Looking forward to participating in the forum from now on! Keep up the good work you guys.
  • Hello!
    My name is Emily and I haven't posted anything on the forums before, but I like reading the discussions. I'm a student right now studying database management at my community college before I move on to a four year school. I'm a fan of anime and board games; I enjoy crafting also. I've crocheted a lot of tiny Cthulhus recently. Recently I've been playing Terra Mystica a lot with my friends and watching a lot of Kill la Kill and Michiko to Hatchin. I also sell loose leaf tea for a living at the moment, so if you want to learn anything about the wonderful world of tea I'm your girl!
  • edited February 2014
    Yutsubara said:

I also sell loose leaf tea for a living at the moment, so if you want to learn anything about the wonderful world of tea I'm your girl!

Ah! Lovely. Always good to have more people who like tea around here, Welcome welcome. And keep an eye out for NoFunGirl, she knows tea in ways that make me look like a time-wasting dilettante.

Tiny Crocheted Cthulhu sounds nice, do you have any photos?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Churba said:

I have a picture of the first one I ever made, but not of any of the more recent ones. I gave them away to friends. But here's my first ever yarnthulhu imageimage
    He's not the greatest, but I'll take a picture of one of my newer ones if you'd like to see it.
  • Oh my gods. It's adorable.
  • edited February 2014
    Yutsubara said:

Churba said:

I have a picture of the first one I ever made, but not of any of the more recent ones. I gave them away to friends. But here's my first ever yarnthulhu.

He's not the greatest, but I'll take a picture of one of my newer ones if you'd like to see it.
    I am 100% all about that, it's pretty great! ALSO, when it comes to all things yarn, have yourself a chat to Nuri and Ro, they know the dark arcane secrets of the fibre.

If you're wondering what I do around here...Well, that's still pretty much a mystery.

Oh my Elder gods. It's adorable.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Hello...I just joined...It seemed there are some experienced tech people on this forum. I think this has a lot to do with the contribution requirements. I originally joined for the purpose of getting some help with regard to video streaming, but I am willing to drop in and contribute and share my knowledge on a topic that I have expertise in. I have an IT degree and I left school after 2 years to do tech, wed design, and internet marketing work for a major online sports handicapping agency that my friend has started. I learned more about sports betting there and became intrigued. I am very experienced in web marketing and sports handicapping. I opened several sports betting related websites of my own and I have worked as an affiliate marketer for almost 10 years now. I am venturing into some other businesses that require video streaming, which is why I joined this forum for assistance.
  • edited February 2014
    So I finally managed to get started on Space Dandy. Also listened to the episode on it. But since the two shows are somewhat similar and made by a lot of the same people, the question is: have you guys ever watched Michiko e Hatchin, and if so why haven't you done an episode on it.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Hello, Matthew here. 19 at the moment.

I've spent a lot of time on other sites playing/designing some serious forum/IRC games, and I just started getting into board games. Netrunner rules.
  • Howdy,

I'm Mitchell. I've been listening since the old Geek-house days, but only recently got around to the forums.

Let's see...I live in Middle-Of-Nowhere, Kentucky. I'm a dropout English major, currently spending my nights stocking shelves at Wally-World and my days "interning" at a factory doing I.T. My main "thing" is music (White Stripes, St. Vincent, Ty Segall, Josh Homme...) but am a fan of anything Cyberpunk or 60's retro-future.

Hello new Internet friends!
  • What up everyone,

I'm Ryan. I'm a college student in Oregon and have been listening for a while.

My geekeries of choice include netrunner, german board games, and war machines. On the weekends I like to get outdoors and climb rocks and mountains. I have a pretty sick AT setup that has unfairly only seen use on groomed slopes this season.

All of these interests as well as most of my school work have taken a back seat to my latest obsession: curling. I saw my first match on TV in 2006 and was intrigued. I've managed to catch some occasional matches from the Brier and watch olympic curling pretty religiously. I only started participating in the sport very recently. It is a very satisfying experience and mixes together a pretty intense cardio workout with chess like strategy.

Cheers,

Ryan
  • Curling is an under-appreciated sport.
  • Rym said:

Curling is an under-appreciated sport.

Curling is getting way more attention than it deserves.
  • edited March 2014
    Hello everybody,

My name is a Laura, I am 19 and I am a university student in Canada.

I discovered GeekNights when I stumbled across the Utena videos on Rym's youtube channel. I cannot remember when exactly that was, I know the first video had been up for awhile when I first saw it but only one or two more were released at the time.

Since discovering GeekNights my favourite thing has been listening along with the book club. Reading is probably my biggest pass time, I love discovering new books and authors.
    I really love reading and participating in discussion about novels, anime, movies, etc. I am generally pretty quiet but I like to have the ability to throw in a comment here or there.

I lead a pretty uneventful life, I am a full time student with a part time job. I enjoy cosplaying, but my sewing and crafting skills are pretty much non existent. I have only ever done a few cospalys because of my profound lack of talent. I would love to travel to some of the major anime conventions in the states and other countries but time and money continue to be strict constraints. Maybe one day.
    Post edited by JeanLevesque on
  • Welcome to the forum. There are some very good cosplayers on the forum, so I'm sure you can get some inspiration or guidance or just some tips on costuming that requires little to no sewing and crafting.

And if you enjoy book club discussion, check out the SFBRP podcast, especially if you liked Player of Games as we're doing a Culture series read through.
  • Hey everybody, guess my name.

Anyway, I'm a recent college graduate outside of Seattle and I found Geek Nights from PAX Prime. I'm looking for a job in the video game industry (because I really enjoy the making of the games).