This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Strange dreams

edited September 2007 in Everything Else
Anyone had a really weird dream recently?

The other night I had a dream Rym came over my place so I could corn row his hair for Otakon. My mom asked who's this guy. I said master of dragons and proceeded corn rowing his hair. O_O I'm weirded out because I'm probably the only black girl in a 100 mile radius that can't corn row for anything. But still the thought of Rym with corn rows....hmm.

On a day when I slept over my brothers place. I was sleeping on the couch when my bro woke me up to go outside. The rain was acid and it was an emergency. Then I woke up on the couch and Cess was saying "Hey! Hey!" I looked up and my bro Matt had a axe risen to chop of my head. Then I woke up on the couch again. I had to check if this time it was for real. I still wasn't sure if I was awake for real or in the dream so I walked around the house looking for weapons.

Comments

• I dreamt last night that I forgot my cellphone on some baking pan with these..cake-cookie things, and one of my friends stuck it in the oven..For the rest of the dream, I was using this really wonky phone; it was somewhat warped, and would do wierd things like go onto MSN (WTF my phone doesn't do that) and such.. o.o;

I don't usually remember my dreams, tho, so... I take what I get.
  • I had a dream I was in some cult-like 1984 big brother thought-crime society. It was pretty hazy, though.
  • edited September 2007
    I had to choose between love and duty. I chose work, left the girl crying, and proceeded to take an elevator to the office. The floor I punched in was something like the 27th floor on an 18-floor skyscraper. As the lift reached the top, it then began to travel horizontally. I could see out past the now transparent walls to the girders and steel support structure as a train zoomed past in the opposite direction.
    When I reached my destination, I found myself in a dimly lit hallway filled with office supply detritus. Going down one way led to a door, which spilled out somewhere in Queens, at night. I saw some people, a few police officers, and could only think how much better it would all be if they no longer existed.
    I then turned back to the hallway and went in the opposite direction, to a key card-locked door, to find it ajar. I entered a large open room, which I instantly knew to be the central lobby of a very advanced, and very illegal, corporate security training facility and armory. I went to one of the shooting ranges, but knew that I couldn't take any of the gauss rifles there (something to do with how they would be instantly recognized as missing), when I cursed myself for forgetting about the cameras. I checked their positions, and realized that my entrance could not have been missed, so I strode confidently to the armory office to bluff my presence there. Seeing as no one was there, I was able to look around for ways to access some of the weapons lockers.
    I then heard talking and approaching footsteps, and knew that my presence would shortly be discovered. I armed myself with a gauss pistol and some ammunition, and waited to ambush the soldiers. They would be enhanced with combat cybernetics, so my chance lay in surprise and being the only one armed.

EDIT: edited for paragraph breaks
    Post edited by Katsu on
  • WOW. Your dream sounds so anime.
  • I had a dream that I was at this Downtown Disney/Six Flags place. It was really weird... Anyways, I was going around to all these rides, and these two shady guys started following me. I got kind of scared when I noticed them, so I went on the bumper cars. They didn't follow me in there, but when I got off the ride they started walking fast and following me again. When I started to run away, and one guy started to reach out to grab me. He had one elbow around me throat and another around my waist when William Beckett from The Academy Is... pulled me away from him, and the rest of the band started to beat the guys up. When William asked if I was okay, I woke up.

0___o
  • I had a recurrent dream when I wa a kid. I remember looking someone riding a camel in the desert, and everytime the camel would hit a bump then the head of the person riding the camel would fell off and then everything would start all over again.
    Then I have a dream about two strings with a lot of tension and each would create small waves but they will never break. :S
  • Reminds me of dadaism movies.
  • Reminds me of dadaism movies.
  • 11 minute interval double post. >.o Hrm.

I, sadly, don't wake up during dreams/sleep. One can fire a cannon next to me once I sleep and I won't wake up. This has been scientifically proven on New Years Eve. Okay, that was a few ages back, but my parents couldn't wake me up for the fireworks. The only thing that can wake me up is biological clock + alarm clock, or a nightmare (when I was young)... Don't think nightmares can wake me up anymore either.
  • 11 minute interval double post. >.o Hrm.

Sorry about that. I was talking and posting and got distracted. Sorry.
  • Recently I had a dream that I was dying of something bad, an illness of some sort. And the only person who came to see me was my friend, and she was crying over me. I was trying really hard to comfort her, too.

Actually, that's not a very unusual thing for me to dream about dying. I guess you would consider it weird that the dying dreams always take place when I'm 16. Oh well.
  • Sorry about that. I was talking and posting and got distracted. Sorry.
    Don't worry. Though it looks more awesome now. One is posted 3 hours ago, the other 2 hours ago. XDDD I wonder if they'll continue spreading apart in time.
  • I've had this recurring dream every now and then, albeit less often than not, thankfully, where I've become a part of some automated process. It's like I'm repeating the same task over and over and over again, it feels like it goes on forever, like time has stopped. And the only thing I'm doing is watching what I can only describe as a visualizer, though it's more organic and less trippy. It really sickens me, I feel severe nausea, but I don't know that that's the feeling I am feeling at the time. I have no consciousness, either. I liken it to the feeling of waking up while you are still drunk and momentarily being unaware of where you are, although in this dream, you have no idea of who or even what you are.
  • I sleep walk. I usually only get out of bed a few times a year but I do some strange things when I do. Last night I kept waking up thinking I was trying to sell shelving to giant bugs but see, I'm sitting up in bed, talking, with my eyes open. I blame El Hazard. It kinda stinks because when I do it my eyes stay open and I don't think I blink because my eyes hurt really bad in the mornings.
  • I had this dream last night that I had a guitar that functioned as a gun. It was like the guitar hero peripheral: five buttons on the neck and a couple buttons at the base. Each of the buttons on the neck would shoot a different kind of ammunition (different caliber bullets and gauges of shotgun shells. One of the buttons at the base activated a windproof lighter at the head of the guitar.

I was at my old high school and I was using this weapon to blast open doors and such. When I came to the lobby, it was full of people, and I wanted to freak the people out but not hurt them, so I used the lighter to start lighting belts of firecrackers and other fireworks and then throwing them into the crowd. When everyone was sufficiently startled and confused I kicked open the door behind me and ran outside to continue my reign of confusion.
  • Last night I had a dream that was clear as freakin' day. I was in a movie theater, but the movie didn't start yet. For some reason I had a laptop and was connected to a wireless network. Somehow I connected to the movie theater system, and I pushed the button to start playing the movie before it was supposed to start. The movie was E.T. Then some cops or whatever came to arrest me, and two old geezers who ran the movie theater were going to press charges. I knew I did it, but I also knew they had no evidence. Then oh noes, on the way home I realized I left the laptop under the seat in the theater, teh evidence! I was somewhere in the midst of dealing with court and trying to talk my way out of it when I woke up. I remember waking up last night at like 5am, but I also remember being woken up suddenly by my alarm. I don't remember if the dream was before or after the first wake up.
  • I was at a convention in my latest dream. It was atop a huge building in DC. It was a really fancy place that rivals the Omni. I was at a panel with one of my ex-BFs. Geeknights ran it and Scott was in an all white pimp suit.

I walked out with my ex holding hands. He said he was cheating or something. I told him I was going to get the map out of my hotel room. So we separated and I went to the elevator. There was at least 100+ floors of this building. The very bottom was a crappy mall. I pressed the button and It wouldn't take me to the hotel portion of the building. It took me to the crap mall. The elevator was acting up and wouldn't take me back to the con. I tried all the elevators but they did the same. No matter where it gone it would only come back to this crap mall. The escalators only stopped midway in the air. (Think the escalator to nothing from the monorail episode of the Simpsons) I found other con goers who were freaked out by this. All the mainstreamers were gathering to ridicule us.

I was going to panic until an African man at a kiosk called us. He showed us a secret pulley elevator to get us back to the con floor. He told us that the secret of this place was to trap people forever to shop at this abyss mall.

After getting back to the con my friends asked about my whereabouts. I just cried.
  • Every two weeks or so I have dreams that I'm jumping off a cliff, and when I hit the ground I wake up, sometimes it's more terrifying than other times, but still once or twice I wake up in cold sweat.
  • Last night I had a dream that I dated a girl for a while, then when we decided to get married, I found out it was Jason's younger sister.
  • edited September 2007
    Last night I had a dream that my laptop screen fell off in my hands. Not the display, the screen. Like, I was holding my Windows desktop in my hands.

/I need to get out more.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Last night I had a dream that I dated a girl for a while, then when we decided to get married, I found out it was Jason's younger sister.
    Honestly? True or not, that really made me lol.
    Honestly? True or not, that really made me lol.
    Me too. I just randomly burst out laughing in the middle of my Graphics and Web Design.

Kudos to WiP.
  • The FRC Dream Log. Kind of cool but a little scary.
  • The FRC Dream Log. Kind of cool but a little scary.
    How so? It's kinda interesting to hear other peoples dreams. Scary in the WTF way?

Speaking of which I dreamed my main crush got a girlfriend online. I gave up being an animator and became senator of MD.
  • Speaking of which I dreamed my main crush got a girlfriend online. I gave up being an animator and became senator of MD.
    Loosing a crush is quite the motivation for you! HAha.

Viga_D_Son: Yeah, I'm going to school to be an animator.
    High school Counselor: Well what's your backup plan?
    Viga_D_Son: Senator of MD.
  • This is gonna have me laughing all day! *gives Cosmicenema respect knuckles*
  • This is gonna have me laughing all day! *gives Cosmicenema respect knuckles*
    I would vote for you.
  • Last night I dreamt I was a Kennedy. This isn’t an uncommon dream for me (I really don’t know why). So anyway, I was a 17 y/o female child of the Kennedy’s and uncle John F. was still alive. Anyway, I really liked girls and was stressed because I thought the family would disown me for being a 17 y/o lesbian. Auntie Jacklyn caught me making out and then she explained that it’s genetic. The entire Kennedy clan is that way and the whole Marilyn Monroe episode was just a cover-up. Then I woke up.
  • Conspiracy!
  • Conspiracy!Conspiracy involving the Kennedy family? Why do you seek to besmirch their good name? Are you part of a Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy™?