This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Strange dreams

Comments

• I had a dream about a week ago that consisted of an unsolvable sudoku puzzle trying to be solved in my head.
    My dreams suck.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2009
    I had a dream where me, my friend Freddy, and two unnamed girls were playing in this ABBA-esque band and we were really rocking the house and I could tell this was sometime in the 1970s because of my surroundings. I thought this was an awesome dream cause I'm into that sort of thing and I thought "goddammit" when I woke up.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I had a dream in which I was eaten by a film camera. I guess I'm under stress from my photography class.
  • Your dreams perfectly reflect your post. Also, bullcrap on you begging to differ that you can't feel pain in your dreams. Unless someone cuts off your arm whilst you have the dream, you will not feel a ninja cutting of your arm in a dream. It's in between the ears as they say.
    I once had pain from a dream transfer to the real world, but it felt quite different that normal pain. The pain lasted until I fully woke up.
  • edited February 2009
    People say that you can't feel pain in your dreams, but I beg to differ. I've have many dreams where I have randomly been attacked by ninjas, pirates, pirate ninjas, and all sorts of random things. Sometimes it's part of a nightmare, and it doesn't really make sense. Actually, all of my dreams barely ever make any sense. It's kind of random and splintered, never having a coherent story of any sort. While being chased by pirate ninjas.
    Your dreams perfectly reflect your post. Also, bullcrap on you begging to differ that you can't feel pain in your dreams. Unless someone cuts off your arm whilst you have the dream, you will not feel a ninja cutting of your arm in a dream. It's in between the ears as they say.
    Your entire perception of "reality" is "in between the ears."
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • People say that you can't feel pain in your dreams, but I beg to differ. I've have many dreams where I have randomly been attacked by ninjas, pirates, pirate ninjas, and all sorts of random things. Sometimes it's part of a nightmare, and it doesn't really make sense. Actually, all of my dreams barely ever make any sense. It's kind of random and splintered, never having a coherent story of any sort. While being chased by pirate ninjas.
    Your dreams perfectly reflect your post. Also, bullcrap on you begging to differ that you can't feel pain in your dreams. Unless someone cuts off your arm whilst you have the dream, you will not feel a ninja cutting of your arm in a dream. It's in between the ears as they say.
    Your entire perception of "reality" is "in between the ears."
    I think it's kind of obvious that it's between the ears. At the same time, my perception of reality makes me go ow during the night.I know that my brain is making this all up.

Incidentally, I also hallucinate when I fall asleep. There's a moment where I don't feel my body anymore, and I can just wave it around in "dream-space", doing all sorts of fun stuff. It's not that hard to experience this for yourself, just try to feel where your arms are as you're falling asleep and you may notice that you don't know which direction your hand is facing. Also, I can imagine some really weird things that I just don't know if it's real or not. I've heard music coming from unrealistic places, rapid playing of a single drum, and other cool stuff.

It's all in the head.
  • My point was that even when you're not dreaming, you can't tell what's made-up and what isn't.
  • edited February 2009
    Last night I dreamed I was a movie star, and when I came out on the red carpet, someone tried to shoot me, but either I WAS Master Chief, or I was dressed as him with fully functional armor, because all I saw on the HUD was a minor dip in shields and a red arrow pointing to my right. When I got in the theater, I sat down next to Data, Daft Punk, and Governer Schwarzenegger. So it was like a row full of Robot men. I really don't get me sometimes.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Last night I dreamed I was a movie star, and when I came out on the red carpet, someone tried to shoot me, but either I WAS Master Chief, or I was dressed as him with fully functional armor, because all I saw on the HUD was a minor dip in shields and a red arrow pointing to my right. When I got in the theater, I sat down next to Data, Daft Punk, and Governer Schwarzenegger. So it was like a row full of Robot men. I really don't get me sometimes.
    That, sir, is the most awesome thing I have heard today.
  • Your entire perception of "reality" is "in between the ears."
    SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! He might read that!
    Last night I dreamed I was a movie star, and when I came out on the red carpet, someone tried to shoot me, but either I WAS Master Chief, or I was dressed as him with fully functional armor, because all I saw on the HUD was a minor dip in shields and a red arrow pointing to my right. When I got in the theater, I sat down next to Data, Daft Punk, and Governer Schwarzenegger. So it was like a row full of Robot men. I really don't get me sometimes.
    Why would you want to get yourself when you have dreams like that!
  • The problem with taking a philosophy class is that now I wanna know what that means, despite it being awesome.
  • Weirdest dream I've had was were I went around asking people for their toe nails clipping, then with the toe nails I forged this awesome laser thingy.
    I then went into a forest were there was a theatre and these bionicles started to attack me and I used my laser to kill them, then the earth split open and I went sky diving into the middle of the earth and then I woke up.
  • My weirdest dream involved MR. Wilson from Dennis the Menace running in and out of a large gate, only stopping in front of me to yell "HEY!".

There's also the time I dreamed being gassed to death, but that's more disturbing than weird.
  • edited February 2009
    Last night's dreams that I remember:

1) Piloting a Hunter-Killer submarine with a small crew. We are captured by a sketchy pirate captain in a whaling vessel, and we are forced to leave the sub on autopilot and board the ship. We disable the captain, and I radio for help. One of the crew members presses a button to dispense green tea, which turns out to be a cleverly disguised booby trap. The whaling vessels wings blow up, leaving us on an uncontrolled run toward Italy, where the ship is beached right outside of Italian Intelligence HQ (I know this because in my dream I could read Italian).

2) I tell someone I'm moving my car, and end up driving into a bohemian part of the city where the streets are giant hallways and the entire place is hundreds of little theaters. I enter one and awkwardly discover two of my friends and their girlfriends. We see a shitty Chicago group in an oddly shaped theater that is huge inside but the size of a closet outside, watch union men set up a giant audio rack, and then watch as two bald fat men who are really Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney of The Black Keys put on wigs and suits that change them into their band selves. They played "Your Touch." My friend's girlfriend eyes me lustily, and said friend won't let me near her, but for unrelated reasons.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • One of the crew members presses a button to dispense green tea, which turns out to be a cleverly disguised booby trap.
    The bastards...
  • One of the crew members presses a button to dispense green tea, which turns out to be a cleverly disguised booby trap.
    British equivalent of a Fruit Fucker?
    where the ship is beached right outside of Italian Intelligence HQ (I know this because in my dream I could read Italian).
    And they paint it in big letters on the sea side of their building, of course.
  • edited February 2009
    And they paint it in big letters on the sea side of their building, of course.
    It was a little orange sign on the seashore, actually.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • This weird dream is fitting for the holiday.

Last night I dreamed I was in a strange place. It was like a hazy city and I was accompanied by an older businessman and an energetic raver like girl. The place we were in was like purgatory or was purgatory. Then Geoffino showed up out of nowhere. He was a Christmas spirit that I'm guessing dealt with dead. He was telling us to write a letter or something for Christmas. It was supposed to teach us about our scrooge-ish ways.

This holiday has really got to me.
  • All I can remember was sitting at a breakfast table where everyone was eating nothing but honey..
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    t I dreamed I was in a strange place. It was like a hazy city and I was accompanied by an older businessman and an energetic raver like girl. The place we were in was like purgatory or was purgatory. Then Geoffino showed up out of nowhere. He was a Christmas spirit that I'm guessing dealt with dead. He was telling us to write a letter or something for Christmas. It was supposed to teach us about our scrooge-ish ways.

This holiday has really got to me.
    That is both awesome and disturbing at the same time. I'm the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, not showing you shadows of things that will be, but shadows of things that might be.
    All I can remember was sitting at a breakfast table where everyone was eating nothing but honey..
    Omni the Pooh?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I saw this dream a while ago, but still remember a good amount of it, witch is rare, for me.

I was this super strong guy, bit like Hulk, but not green, and I was in this cage like thing being on my way to prison (not exactly sure what I had done, but I think there was a flashback of me punching somebody's head off). I knew that I was strong enough to bend the bars of my prison cage, but I thought that I deserved to go to prison. At one point I saw this huge fortress and realised that it was the prison where I was being taken. At that point I started to feel down and toughed what would my parents think. Little after that I somehow realised that it was all a dream so I had no responsibility for anything. I went to the bars of the cage, bended them, shouted "So long suckers!", to the person who was in the cage as a guard, and jumped off. Then for a while I was in this jungle like place where I was being searched until I woke up.
  • I was this super strong guy, bit like Hulk, but not green, and I was in this cage like thing being on my way to prison (not exactly sure what I had done, but I think there was a flashback of me punching somebody's head off). I knew that I was strong enough to bend the bars of my prison cage, but I thought that I deserved to go to prison. At one point I saw this huge fortress and realised that it was the prison where I was being taken. At that point I started to feel down and toughed what would my parents think. Little after that I somehow realised that it was all a dream so I had no responsibility for anything. I went to the bars of the cage, bended them, shouted "So long suckers!", to the person who was in the cage as a guard, and jumped off. Then for a while I was in this jungle like place where I was being searched until I woke up.
    Swamp Thing?
  • edited December 2009
    Last night I had a dream that I was watching a video about how to have lucid dreams. Then I went to sleep (in my dream) and tried to have lucid dreams. Yet, at no point in this dream (neither the meta-dream nor the dream-within-the-dream) did I become lucid.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Looks like Phantasos and Morpheus have been very busy concerning forumites lately.
  • My brother just had a weird dream a few nights ago. In his dream, he was playing Dragon Age and talking to people, and the last option in every conversation was "I feel sick." After going through this a few times, he woke up and realized he was sick and threw up, thankfully throwing up into a trash can and not all over his bed because his dream told him he was sick. He was very ill all day.
  • I do not know why, but I have never had a dream that was not under my control. I rarely dream, about once or twice a month, and when I do, it is anywhere from 75% to 100% under my control. Whatever I wanted to happen, happened. I haven't really met anybody else who dreams like this. I don't even know if it would be called dreaming. Anyway, just telling you all this because this is a dream related thread, and that there might be someone else who "dreams" like this.
  • I do not know why, but I have never had a dream that was not under my control.
    Then you're really lucky. :) It's called lucid dreaming, and we had a thread about it. I've had seven or eight lucid dreams myself, but they rarely last more than 15-20 seconds before I wake up. Also, you almost certainly dream every night, but just don't remember it.
  • I do not know why, but I have never had a dream that was not under my control. I rarely dream, about once or twice a month, and when I do, it is anywhere from 75% to 100% under my control. Whatever I wanted to happen, happened. I haven't really met anybody else who dreams like this. I don't even know if it would be called dreaming. Anyway, just telling you all this because this is a dream related thread, and that there might be someone else who "dreams" like this.
    My brother dreams like that. Except he dreams far more often. It's funny, because people always tell him that it's cool that he lucid dreams, and that they're training to do it. That always used to confuse him.
  • Then you're really lucky. :) It's calledlucid dreaming. I've had seven or eight lucid dreams myself, but they rarely last more than 15-20 seconds before I wake up. Also, you almost certainly dream every night, but just don't remember it.
    Hmm... Interesting. I've always thought that I must be dreaming more frequently than I remember. Also, I've always wondered what it would be like to dream normally, and I would consider you to be the lucky one.
  • Also, I've always wondered what it would be like to dream normally, and I would consider you to be the lucky one.
    Hmmm. So when you say it's "under your control", do you mean that you experience the dream with consciously, as if you were awake? Or you can just control what's happening? Because in truly lucid dreams, it's an incredibly vivid experience of actually being fully awake and conscious in the dream -- maybe that's not what you're talking about.