This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Halloween whatnots.

14567810»

Comments

• Broseph and the Amazing (fucking) Technicolor Dreamcoat:
    Awesome.
    This. You look like acid-trip Silent Bob.
  • Didn't manage to get a picture of it, but went as Tony Stark. Most people got it right away and said it looked awesome. Not bad for $6.
  • In Berlin I've spotted quite a number of Chilean Miners. Are these popular elsewhere too?
    A friend of mine went as the 34th Chilean miner - he just wore a meticulously clean jump suit with some generic mining logos, a hard-hat, and had a generic Chilean name on both.
  • In Berlin I've spotted quite a number of Chilean Miners. Are these popular elsewhere too?
    A friend of mine went as the 34th Chilean miner - he just wore a meticulously clean jump suit with some generic mining logos, a hard-hat, and had a generic Chilean name on both.
    This is the best one I've seen yet. He's in full miner garb, too.
    one guy I saw had an old clunky video camcorder to express the media circus aspect. It was pretty good!
  • I went to Halloween party the other night dressed as Arthur Dent.
    Nobody understood.
    Crazy enough I went as Arthur Dent this year as well. No one understood. I even had my girlfriend dress up as Tricia McMillan dressed up as Darwin at a fancy dress party. No one got that either ...
  • edited November 2010
    Had a blast at my friend's for Halloween. Everyone brought a bag of candy to give out to trick-or-treaters. My friend got a great deal on large chocolate bars from Trader Joes, so we used it as a special prize.

The trick-or-treaters had to roll a 6 on a D6 to be able to win the large chocolate bar along with the normal treats. The kids actually said it was fun they were able to do something like that. It was a pretty big hit.

As for gaming, my friends held a sealed deck Magic tourney. I knitted while they did that. When the "fun" gaming started we played many board games.

The best costume I saw all night was two kids dressed up as breakfast: one was a sunny side up egg, the other was bacon.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited November 2010
    Tried out a group costume idea this year:

Post edited by Alex Leavitt on
  • Broseph and the Amazing (fucking) Technicolor Dreamcoat:
    Awesome.
    This. You look like acid-trip Silent Bob.
  • Tried out a group costume idea this year:
    That's high quality.
  • edited November 2010
    Found a really cheap Yoda costume for dogs, I couldn't resist and got it for my dog:
    Post edited by Double Z on
  • I went as "Joliet" Jake Blues this year.
    This was taken shortly before heading out for the evening, an evening full of adventures, Mike's Harder Lemonade, and drunk sitting.

It was a fun night.
  • My friend and his gang were all Tim and Eric characters for Halloween. Eric gave them "quantity points" on their prodigious effort to win free tickets to the tour.
  • Eric gave them"quantity points"on their prodigious effort to win free tickets to the tour.
    Haha, I saw that tweet.
  • Eric gave them"quantity points"on their prodigious effort to win free tickets to the tour.
    Haha, I saw that tweet.
    There's mad competition from the Child Clown and Mike Mahanahan, but I feel like they have a shot.
  • I like the Carol and Larry.
  • I like the Carol and Larry.
    Yeah, that was pretty awesome.

Eric Wareheim strikes me as quite likely a pretty cool guy.
  • Eric Wareheim strikes me as quite likely a pretty cool guy.
    He has a good taste in music.
  • Behold - Broseph and the Amazing (fucking) Technicolor Dreamcoat:

Dudebro That is so awesome I have to applaud/laugh at you 2: It's straight-up badass
  • edited November 2010
    I went as "Joliet" Jake Blues this year.
    I suspect I'm taller than you. If I'm ever in your area, you're in mine, or we just wanna freak some squares, I can do a pretty mean Elwood.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I suspect I'm taller than you. If I'm ever in your area, you're in mine, or we just wanna freak some squares, I can do a pretty mean Elwood.
    I actually had an Elwood, but he ended up ditching the group to go out with other people on Halloween.

He ended up doing nothing for the night, so I feel like my Halloween was better than his.