This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Halloween whatnots.

Comments

• Leo Laporte had a great idea on this week's Net@Night. Got as a boy scout parody, and on your merit badge sash just make buttons of all of the FourSquare badges
  • Went to a party yesterday, I dressed up as the Cookie Monster, my girlfriend was a Gingerbread cookie.

• Jesus Cristo. There's way too much stuff happening this weekend. Three parties tonight, then at least another four tomorrow, then somewhere around 4 Sunday. And that's just the parties I'm going to.
  • edited October 2010
    Some guys in my school dressed up as TF2 characters.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Some guys in my school dressed up as TF2 characters.
    Heh, mine too. I walked past an Engineer when I came back to my apartment building.
  • I saw three furries on campus today in the hour I was there. Three.
    Are they really furries if it's only Halloween?
    Are they really furries if it's only Halloween?
    Closeted Furries
  • If I saw them at a con I'd call them furries. Halloween may be a more acceptable excuse, but furries is furries.
  • So, I'm scrapping /co/-tan. Instead, I'm gonna dress up as a Green Lantern since that's always been my favorite super hero. I'll post pics.
  • Steve Zissou had to be scapped. I'm probably going to grab a wig, a cigar, and a false mustache and go as Cigar Guy.

• Going to my homeboy's annual Halloween party of gaming and awesomeness around noon till whenever. Apparently he's doing a Magic Draft Tournament that Jeremy is interested in. Meh. I'll be knitting while they be uber nerds.
  • Happy Halloween!

Here's a video I just uploaded, a song I wrote and recorded for Halloween back in 1999.
  • While out last night, I encountered someone dressed up (very well) as Gordon Freeman. It was absolutely fantastic. Sadly, I had no camera to hand.
  • In Berlin I've spotted quite a number of Chilean Miners. Are these popular elsewhere too?
  • Literally only three sets of ToTers have shown up tonight. You know how much candy I have to snack on now (SQUEEE!)
  • Pretty quiet night. I think the cold has been putting people off wandering around. Wandered out to the shop for some fresh air and on the way back I saw two school-aged girls in what can only be described as the sexy school girl outfit, followed shortly there-after by a sexy pirate. None of whom were very sexy.

It's sad when you see stereotypes confirmed first hand.
  • It's sad when you see stereotypes confirmed first hand.
    You think that's bad? Last night I spent about 30 seconds at a party thrown by someone dressed as Lil Wayne. This wouldn't be so bad, except the guy in question was white.

He was a blackface Lil Wayne.
  • I went to Halloween party the other night dressed as Arthur Dent.

Nobody understood.
    I scrolled too quickly past your text, saw the image and went "Oh, Arthur Dent. Nice."
  • edited October 2010
    Only three people correctly guessed that I was part of Team Zissou.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
    I scrolled too quickly past your text, saw the image and went "Oh, Arthur Dent. Nice."
    Geeks need to throw more parties and then invite me to them.
  • I'll edit in a pic tomrrow, but I wasn't Hal Jordan or Guy Gardner or Kyle Rayner. I found a cool black leather-ish jacket from Goodwill, black jeans, and wore my Green Lantern shirt, along with my dad's power ring. I dunno about you guys, but the leather jacket made me feel 120% tougher and cooler.
  • Pfft, I don't need a costume.
  • Pfft, I don't need a costume.
    I would take this as a joke with anybody else, but you look like a badass vampire pretty much all the time. :P
  • Only two kids showed up tonight. I feel sad because I went all out this year; Fog machine, strobe light, rain and thunder sound effects, and Toccata and Fugue. *sigh*
  • Bad luck, Sonic.
  • edited November 2010
    Behold - Broseph and the Amazing (fucking) Technicolor Dreamcoat:

Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Also, my brother dressed as Mario.

He was subsequently mobbed by small children.
  • Broseph and the Amazing (fucking) Technicolor Dreamcoat:
    Awesome.