This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cremlian's Inbox (Those Stupid Politicial E-mails his Parents Send Him)

Comments

• Someone landed in troublefor sending that "Obama = Antichrist" email.
    Hahaha, we had a Mayor get in trouble for the same thing apparently he was just "curious if Obama really was the antichrist."
  • God, this is DUCHESS COUNTY, where we live in Beacon! Argle Bargle blah.

Just last week a republican clerk got fired for hiding democratic voter registration forms.

People!
  • Just last week a republican clerk got fired for hiding democratic voter registration forms.
    That is pretty scary to think that these sort of things happen.

I am mailing out my change of address forms today for Voter Registration. I hope there won't be any problems for getting my absentee ballot in the mail.
  • Just last week a republican clerk got fired for hiding democratic voter registration forms.
    What the... that's hilarious! What was that guy (or gal) thinking?
    I never understood how anyone can ever get caught manipulating paperwork. Why were they hiding them? Just take them home, shred them, then make papier mache out of them. It will be impossible to get caught. The fact that most evil people are also stupid is the only reason our country can still exist. If there were more smart evil, we would be fucked. Not only would the smart evil people destroy us from within via corruption, but smart terrorists would be able to ruin us instantly.
  • edited September 2008
    Just last week a republican clerk got fired for hiding democratic voter registration forms.
    I never understood how anyone can ever get caught manipulating paperwork. Why were they hiding them? Just take them home, shred them, then make papier mache out of them. It will be impossible to get caught. The fact that most evil people are also stupid is the only reason our country can still exist. If there were more smart evil, we would be fucked. Not only would the smart evil people destroy us from within via corruption, but smart terrorists would be able to ruin us instantly.
    Civil servants aren't really known for their superb intellects, by and large. If you needed to be smart to get into civil service, we really wouldn't have that many civil servants.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Is this from experience Pete? Being that you are technically a civil servant...
  • Is this from experience Pete? Being that you are technically a civil servant...
    God, I have stories that I could tell. Civil servants are either dumb or frustrated. Let's leave it at that.
  • We should shred/hide ALL the voter registration forms. Then only the people who are smart enough to find them online will be able to register to vote. XD
  • edited October 2008
    Is this from experience Pete? Being that you are technically a civil servant...
    God, I have stories that I could tell. Civil servants are either dumb or frustrated. Let's leave it at that.
    What about "Yes Minister?" :D
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Man, I live in NC. My vote has never mattered. We're pretty much talking political theory at this point, anyway.
    Nuri, Just a note check out today's electoral map and let me know if your vote is still important...

• Nuri, Just a note check out today'selectoral mapand let me know if your vote is still important...
    Hmmm... maybe I will vote in North Carolina...
  • Man, I live in NC. My vote has never mattered. We're pretty much talking political theory at this point, anyway.
    Nuri, Just a note check out today'selectoral mapand let me know if your vote is still important...

I was referring to past elections. It's not STILL important...it's NEWLY important. I know it's important THIS year, which is why I went ahead and updated my registration so I don't have to drive 3 hours to vote. Now I have to drive 1 minute to vote...the voting place is on my street. :) I've already printed out the sample ballot and I've been checking out the candidates for my local elections. Heck, I even considered posting a new topic in the forums about preparing to vote...but then I got lazy and closed the tab.
  • edited October 2008
    ♪♫ Ohio's polling blue again, doo dah. Doo dah. Florida's flipped on the Republicans, oh the doo dah day. ♪♫

Electoral College projection:
    Obama: 338
    McCain: 185
    Post edited by Jason on
    Nuri, Just a note check out today's electoral map and let me know if your vote is still important...
    I can completely see where Nuri is coming from on this. When you live in a state that has a record of going republican, it does seem like there's no point. At the same time, I think that this attitude is part of why the southern states stay red on the projections maps. It's not that Republicans outnumber us, it's that Democrats in red states don't bother.

That said, this election is different. People are so sick of Republican BS that they have started to think that maybe, just maybe, their votes might count for something. Seeing that the republicans only have a weak lead in Texas makes me more determined than ever to get every single person I know (most of whom support Obama) to vote. I want to see McCain lose states that he thought were in the bag.
  • That said, this election is different. People are so sick of Republican BS that they have started to think that maybe, just maybe, their votes might count for something. Seeing that the republicans only have a weak lead in Texas makes me more determined than ever to get every single person I know (most of whom support Obama) to vote. I want to see McCain lose states that he thought were in the bag.
    Exactly misakyra, This is what I am talking about, lets look at some electoral maps from years back. Election maps So think California never goes republican, did you see it in 1988? Your Vote doesn't matter in New York? Check out 1984. States do switch and elections are not always close as they have been in the last decade. Who knows what the next trend will be. High turnouts of one group or another can change an election. Especially on the local end.
  • edited October 2008
    I can completely see where Nuri is coming from on this. When you live in a state that has a record of going republican, it does seem like there's no point. At the same time, I think that this attitude is part of why the southern states stay red on the projections maps. It's not that Republicans outnumber us, it's that Democrats in red states don't bother.
    Just because our votes don't matter doesn't mean we don't vote. There are a large number of us that DO vote, and we still get overwhelmed. Heck my dad and stepmom have been canceling each others' votes out for years, but they still went to vote every time. So yes, the republicans do outnumber us...don't just assume we're not voting just because we complain about it not doing anything.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • There are more Democrats than Republicans in the U.S. The Republicans are simply more fervent about voting.
  • If most of the democrats are concentrated in cities, then it is still possible for them to be less proportionately represented in the electorate. The president isn't elected based on popular vote. Say all of NY city is democrat. That enormous population still only contributes to New York.

Just because there are more people identifying as democrat doesn't mean that every state has a majority of democrats. You have to take location into account because our electoral system is strongly affected by it.
  • Say all of NY city is democrat. That enormous population still only contributes to New York.
    Which is why New York gets 31 Electoral College votes and Kansas gets six. The Constitution balances for the urban/rural spread. Electoral votes are distributed based on percentage of total population -- which is why California gets 55 and Texas gets 34 EC votes. It is why Obama has 338 projected EC votes and McCain has only 185.
  • Here is a quick look into 3 former Fannie Mae executives who have brought down Wall Street...worth reading to the END!

Franklin Raines - Was a Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Fannie Mae. Raines was forced to retire from his position with Fannie Mae when auditing discovered severe reregulates in Fannie Mae's accounting activities. At the time o f his departure The Wall Street Journal noted, ' Raines, who long defended the company's accounting despite mounting evidence that it wasn't proper, issued a statement late Tuesday conceding that 'mistakes were made' and saying he would assume responsibility as he had earlier promised. News reports indicate the company was under growing pressure from regulators to shake up its management in the wake of findings that the company's books ran afoul of generally accepted accounting principles for four years.' Fannie Mae had to reduce its surplus by $9 billion.
    Raines left with a 'golden parachute valued at $240 Million in benefits. The Government filed suit against Raines when the d epth of the accounting scandal became clear. http://housingdoom.com/2006/12/18/fannie-charges/ . The Government noted, 'The 101 charges reveal how the individuals improperly manipulated earnings to maximize their bonuses, while knowingly neglecting accounting systems and internal controls, misapplying over twenty accounting principles and misleading t he regulator and the public. The Notice explains how they submitted six years of misleading and inaccurate accounting statements and inaccurate capital reports that enabled them to grow Fannie Mae in an unsafe and unsound manner.' These charges were made in 2006. The Court ordered Raines to return $50 Million Dollars he received in bonuses based on the miss-stated Fannie Mae profits.

Tim Howard - Was the Chief Financial Officer of Fannie Mae. Howard 'was a strong internal proponent of using accounting strategies that would ensure a 'stable pattern of earnings' at Fannie. In everyday English - he was cooking the books. The Government Investigation determined that, 'Chief Financial Officer, Tim Howard, failed to provide adequate oversight to key control and reporting functions within Fannie Mae,'
    On June 16, 2006, Rep. Richard Baker, R-La., asked the Justice Department to investigate his allegations that two former Fannie Mae executives lied to Congress in October 2004 when they denied manipulating the mortgage-finance giant's income st atement to achieve management pay bonuses. Investigations by federal regulators and the company's board of directors since concluded that management did manipulate 1998 earnings to trigger bonuses. Raines and Howard resigned under pressure in late 2004.
    Howard's Golden Parachute was estimated at $20 Million!

Jim Johnson - A former executive at Lehman Brothers and who was later forced from his position as Fannie Mae CEO. A look at the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight's May 2006 report on mismanagement and corruption inside Fannie Mae, and you'll see some interesting things about Johnson. Investigators found that Fannie Mae had hidden a substantial amount of Johnson's 1998 compensation from the public, reporting that it was between $6 million and $7 milli on when it fact it was $21 million.' Johnson is currently under investigation for taking illegal loans from Countrywide while serving as CEO of Fannie Mae.
    Johnson's Golden Parachute was estimated at $28 Million.

Where Are They Now?
    Franklin Raines? Raines Works for the Obama Campaign as Chief Economic Advisor
    Tim Howard? Howard Is Also a Chief Economic Advisor to Obama
    Jim Johnson? Johnson Hired as a Senior Obama Fin ance Advisor and Was Selected to Run Obama's Vice Presidential Search Committee
    If Obama Plans on Cleaning up the Mess â€" His Advisors Have the Expertise - They Made the Mess in the First Place.

0A
    Am I the Only One to Be Infuriated?

Would You Trust the Men Who Tore Wall Street down to Build the New Wall Street ?
    Just got this gem, from my grandfather. Sent him a short correction with the facts :)
  • Just got this gem, from my grandfather. Sent him a short correction with the facts :)
    Awww, and you don't post the correction? :(
  • Awww, and you don't post the correction? :(
    Not too much to it. Obama has talked to Raines before, but in no official advising capacity. Seems that started as an editorial in The Washington Post, and was (ab)used by an ad for McCain. Johnson was on the selection committee for vice president, but resigned shortly after his scandal broke. Howard seems to have no link to Obama at all as far as I can find.
  • Not too much to it.
    Okies. You made it sound like you wrote a humorous reply.
  • edited October 2008
    Hits both sides awesomely and is totally awesome but probably old:-p

Below are the not so cool E-mails.

However while he sent me that gem? He also gave me alot of crappy E-mails.

Subject: Obama Stumps for Odinga Across Kenya,,Taxpayer Funded.

Folks,this goes beyond the pale. Yes,I know it will take a bit of time to watch these videos but it will be well worth your time
    and I believe you will be as outraged as I am. Barack HUSSEIN Obama is a wolf in sheep's clothing . To me,this is overwhelming
    proof that Barack HUSSEIN Obama should not be elected President of the United States !

Please forward this to all concerned citizens.

http://texasdarlin.wordpress.com/2008/10/10/obama-and-odinga-new-video/

http://willnevergiveup.wordpress.com/2008/10/08/odinga/

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c30_1223478281

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2008/10/obama_and_raila.html

The next link is for a African website that doesn't have a dog in this hunt. They are neither McCain nor Obama supporters .

http://africanpress.wordpress.com/2008/08/10/senator-barack-obama-in-kenya-obama-and-odinga-the-true-story/

"Clearly, Obama campaigned for someone who is corrupt, ruthless and has financial ties to terrorists. More importantly, Obama campaigned for a candidate who had the stated objective of dismantling US & Kenyan government efforts to root out Al Queda and other terrorist organizations. Organizations that had already caused the deaths of hundreds of Americans and Africans in embassy bombings. Senator Obama's actions—intentional or not—were in direct conflict with the efforts and interests of US national security. I think this raises serious questions about the judgment, maturity and readiness of Senator Obama."

Proof Obama backed ruthless foreign thug
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=77508

Below are a couple of responses to the first video :

15 IndieJones
    10 DavidC
    Here's the translation to the song in the video. There's only one line to it that they repeat over and over again.
    "Salama, senator Obama, your real papa is Odinga!"

12 Antonio Sosa As someone born in Ecuador with friends and relatives in Latin America, I'm terrified watching how people in the United States are being manipulated just like people in Cuba, Venezuela, Bolivia and Ecuador to put a Marxist in power.
    The similarities between Rafael Correa's campaign for president of Ecuador and that of Obama for U.S. president are amazing. Correa had no experience but was young, charismatic and had good speaking skills. Correa's slogans were the same as Obama's: CHANGE, YES WE CAN, etc.
    Informed Ecuadorians were not able to convince their clueless compatriots that Correa was a fake and not the young and wonderful savior the media was portraying. They could not compete in ads with the millions Correa had (mostly from unknown sources).
    Once he took over, Correa dissolved Congress and took control of the legislative and judicial powers. In other words, he became a dictator. Ecuadorians are poorer than ever. The CHANGE has been toward Marxism and greater poverty for all.
    It's now obvious that Correa works for Chávez and terrorists AGAINST the United States.
    Most informed Ecuadorians, when they realized the similarities between Correa and Obama, felt confident that Americans could not be fooled as Ecuadorians had. However, it seems many Americans are as clueless as the poorest and most ignorant people in Ecuador or Bolivia.
    I hope it's not too late and Americans realize that Obama is a Marxists with ties to Islamic terrorists, just like Castro, Chávez, Morales, Correa and Odinga.

Apparently they have taken God off the new Dollar coin? That's what the following E-mail says?

Subj: REFUSE NEW $COINS
    REFUSE NEW $COINS
    This simple action will make a strong statement.
    Please help do this...refuse to accept these when they are handed to you.. I received one from the Post Office as change and I asked for a dollar bill instead. The lady just smiled and said 'way to go' so she had read this e-mail. Please help out...our world is in enough trouble without this too!!!!!
    U.S.Government to Release New Dollar Coins

You guessed it
    'IN GOD WE TRUST'
    IS GONE!!!
    If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS IT!!!!
    DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE
    Together we can force them out of circulation.
    Please send to everyone on your mail list!!

'In God we Trust'

Is this what he wants to add to his list of changes, to eliminate our Star Spangle Banner, and stop saluting the flag??????
    Obama explains why he doesn't salute the US Flag
    Obama 'explains'
    I sure hope this gets around before Nov.!!!
    On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:48:04 -0400, 'LTG Bill Ginn' USAF ret. forwarded the following:
    Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin,
    presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he
    doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171,
    During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present
    except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing t he flag
    with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking
    sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the
    American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a
    war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should
    be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song
    'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might
    salute it.'

'I don't want to be perceived as taking sides.' ???????????

If you want to be the President, there is no other side.

Yes, ladies and gentlem en, this could possibly be our next president!!
    I, for one, am speechless. He has absolutely NO pride in this country!!!!!
    This is outrageous!!!! He doesn't deserve to be dogcatcher!!!
    (Oh, sorry dogcatchers, I mean you no disrespect.)
    LET'S SEND THIS CLOWN DOWN THE ROAD KICKING ROCKS!!!!
    Forward this to EVERYONE YOU KNOW

Sure...
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • They just don't stop, at least my dad's comments are now "Have you seen this" instead of "And your going to vote for this man" It's nice to know he's dealt with the realization I voted for a secret Muslim.

Narcissism and Obama

Understanding Obama: The Making of a Fuehrer
    By Ali Sina

I must confess, I was not impressed by Sen. Barack Obama from the first
    time I saw him. At first I was excited to see a black candidate. He
    looked youthful, spoke well, appeared to be confident, a wholesome
    presidential package. I was put off soon, not just because of his
    shallowness but also because there was an air of haughtiness in his
    demeanor that was unsettling. His posture and his body language were
    louder than his empty words. Obama's speeches are unlike any political
    speech we have heard in American history. Never a politician in this
    land had such a quasi "religious" impact on so many people. The fact
    that Obama is a total incognito with zero accomplishment makes this
    inexplicable infatuation alarming. Obama is not an ordinary man. He is
    not a genius. In fact, he is quite ignorant on most important subjects.
    Barack Obama is a narcissist. Dr. Sam Vaknin, the author of "Malignant
    Self Love," also believes, "Barack Obama appears to be a
    narcissist."

Vaknin is a world authority on narcissism. He understands it and
    describes the inner mind of a narcissist like no other person. When he
    talks about narcissism everyone listens. Vaknin says that Obama's
    language, posture and demeanor, and the testimonies of his closest,
    nearest and dearest suggest that the Senator is either a narcissist or
    he may have narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).

Narcissists project a grandiose but false image of themselves. Jim
    Jones, the charismatic leader of People's Temple, the man who led over
    900 of his followers to cheerfully commit mass suicide and even murder
    their own children was also a narcissist. Charles Manson, Joseph Koni,
    Shoko Asahara, Joe Stalin, Saddam, Mao Zedong, Kim Jong IL, and Adolph
    Hitler are a few examples of narcissists of our time. All these men had
    a tremendous influence over their fanciers and followers. They created a
    personality cult around themselves, and with their blazing speeches
    elevated their admirer's souls, filled their hearts with enthusiasm and
    instilled in their minds a new zest for life. Those men gave their
    followers hope! They promised them the moon, but alas, they invariably
    brought them to their doom. When you are a victim of a cult of
    personality, you don't know it until it is too late.

One determining factor in the development of NPD is childhood abuse.
    "Obama's early life was decidedly chaotic and replete with traumatic and
    mentally bruising dislocations," says Vaknin. "Mixed-race marriages were
    even less common then. His parents went through a divorce when he was an
    infant (two years old). Obama saw his father only once again, before he
    died in a car accident. His mother re-married and Obama had to relocate
    to Indonesia, a foreign land with a radically foreign culture, to be
    raised by a stepfather. He was raised as an only child, full of himself
    and no others. He never had to share the spotlight with any siblings. At
    the age of ten, he was whisked off to live with his maternal (white)
    grandparents. He saw his mother only intermittently in the following few
    years and then she vanished from his life in 1979. She died of cancer in
    1995."

One must never underestimate the manipulative genius of pathological
    narcissists. They project such an imposing personality that it
    overwhelms those around them. Charmed by the charisma of the narcissist,
    people become like clay in his hands. They cheerfully do his bidding and
    delight to be at his service. The narcissist shapes the world around him
    and reduces others in his own inverted image. He creates a cult of
    personality; his admirers become his co-dependents.

Narcissists have no interest in things that do not help them to reach
    their personal objectives. They are focused on one thing alone, and that
    is power. All other issues are meaningless to them and they do not want
    to waste their precious time on trivialities. Anything that does not
    help them is beneath them and does not deserve their attention. If an
    issue raised in the Senate does not help Obama in one way or another, he
    has no interest in it. The "Present" vote is a safe vote; he used the
    "Present" all the time as a member of the Illinois legislature. No one
    can criticize him if things go wrong. Why should he implicate himself in
    issues that may become controversial when they don't help him
    personally? Those issues are unworthy by their very nature because they
    are not about him.

Obama's election as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review
    led to a contract and an advance to write a book about race relations.
    The University of Chicago Law School provided him with a fellowship and
    an office to work on his book. The book took him a lot longer than
    expected and at the end it devolved into…, guess what? His own
    autobiography! Instead of writing a scholarly paper focusing on race
    relations, for which he had been paid, Obama could not resist writing
    about his most sublime self. He entitled the book "Dreams from My
    Father."

Not surprisingly, Adolph Hitler also wrote his own autobiography when
    he was still nobody. So did Stalin. For a narcissist no subject is as
    important as his own self. Why would he waste his precious time and
    genius writing about insignificant things when he can write about such
    an august being as himself? Narcissists are often callous and even
    ruthless. As the norm, they lack conscience. This is evident from
    Obama's lack of interest in his own brother who lives on only one dollar
    per month. A man who lives in luxury, who takes a private jet to
    vacation in Hawaii, and who has raised nearly a half billion dollars for
    his campaign (something unprecedented in history) has no interest in the
    plight of his own brother. Why? His brother cannot be used for his
    ascent to power. A narcissist cares for no one but himself.

This election is like no other election in the history of America. The
    issues are insignificant compared to what is at stake. What can be more
    dangerous than having a man bereft of a conscience, a serial liar, and
    one who cannot distinguish his fantasies from reality as the leader of
    the free world?

I hate to sound alarmist, but one must be a fool if one is not alarmed.
    Many politicians are narcissists. They pose no threat to others. They
    are simply self-serving and selfish. [Witness Al Gore's Income Tax; it
    reveals that he gave away NO MONEY to charities, not even to a church!]
    Obama evinces symptoms of pathological narcissism, which is different
    from the run-of-the-mill narcissism of a Richard Nixon or Bill Clinton,
    for example. To him reality and fantasy are intertwined. This is a
    mental health issue, not just a character flaw. Pathological narcissists
    are dangerous because they look normal and even intelligent. It is this
    disguise that makes them treacherous. [Look up the word 'treachery.']

Today the Democrats have placed all their hopes in Obama. But this man
    could put an end to their party [and to this great nation]. The great
    majority of blacks have also decided to vote for Obama. Only a fool does
    not know that their support for him is racially driven.

Let us call a spade a spade [No pun intended]. This is racism, pure and
    simple. The truth is that, while everyone carries a misconceived
    collective guilt towards blacks for wrongs done centuries ago by a
    bygone people to a bygone people, the blacks carry a collective rancor,
    enmity or vendetta towards non-blacks, and to this day want to "stand
    up" to the white man. They seem to be stuck in 19th century [encouraged
    by race baiters like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and others].

The downside of this is, that if Obama turns out to be the disaster I
    predict, he will cause widespread resentment among the whites. The
    blacks are unlikely to give up their support of their man. Cultic
    mentality is pernicious and unrelenting. They will dig their heads
    deeper in the sand and blame Obama's detractors of racism. This will
    cause a backlash among the whites. The white supremacists will take
    advantage of the discontent and they will receive widespread support. I
    predict that in less than four years, racial tensions will increase to
    levels not seen since the turbulent 1960s. Obama will set the clock back
    decades. Americais the bastion of freedom. The peace of the world
    depends on the strength of America, and its weakness translates into the
    triumph of terrorism and victory of rogue nations. It is no wonder that
    Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez, the Maoist Castroists, the Hezbollah, the
    Hamas, the lawyers of the Guantanamo terrorists, and virtually
    all sworn enemies of America are so thrilled by the prospect of "their
    man" in the White House.

America is on the verge of destruction.
    There is no insanity greater than electing a pathological narcissist as
    president.
  • edited November 2008
    NGggggaaaaaAAAh. Your pop, OMFG.

Does he actually believe this crud? The geezers get gotten by the mail spam, and our generation gets tricked by Diggronpaul and stuff. It's like these people are shouting in an echo chamber.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Yeah, but our echo chamber is faster!

Does that mean that the memetic virus can spread more rapidly? Probably. I wish we had better educational systems.
  • They did not take long... People are apparently stupid with no idea of history or understanding of the significance of a statement....

Wasn't Barack Obama supposed to be the president to lead us to a "post-racial" America?

Wasn't Barack Obama supposed to be the president to lead us to a "post-partisan" America?

Obama's inauguration is the first I can recall where a racial smear was contained in a prayer while the president's speech attacked those who didn't vote for him.
    President Barack Obama delivers his inaugural address on Jan. 20 (AP)

President Barack Obama delivers his inaugural address on Jan. 20 (AP)

So while we will be held to a standard of judging all by the content of their character, he will continue to judge us by our skin color. While we will be expected to utter no disagreement with his policies, he will openly hammer ours.

Let's start first with the racial prejudice in Reverend Joseph Lowery's inaugural "prayer." Here are the words:

"Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right."

Let's check the logic — I'm white, therefore I don't embrace what is right. Lowery judged us not individually, but lumped us by skin and claimed we of such color suffer the same immorality — we aren't righteous.
    The Rev. Joseph E. Lowery gives the benediction at the end of the swearing-in ceremony at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2009. (AP Photo/Ron Edmonds)

The Rev. Joseph E. Lowery gives the benediction at the end of the swearing-in ceremony at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2009. (AP Photo/Ron Edmonds)

He said it in a prayer. What Jesus will do with the prayer will be learned by Lowery at his judgment day at St. Peter's gate.

What Barack Obama did with that prayer is more important to me now. The video of the event shows him smile, not appear shocked, at the racial slur.So post-racial means accepting that "whites don't embrace what is right?"

Lowery and Obama should note that African-Americans are about 13 percent of America. That means it took tens of millions of white people to vote Obama into office. Yet these men still claim white people are prejudiced. If his own election will not dissuade him from believing white people are not prejudiced, what will it take? Will it ever take?

If Don Imus were to hurl such a racial insult there would be girl's basketball teams protesting around the world. But a new President accepts it in a prayer and the Associated Press describes his behavior that day as showing his "grace." Good grief.

On to Obama's inaugural address.

He ran on a campaign of "change" (and nothing else). He's the anti-George. I get it. For that I expected his speech to put some distance between himself and the administration of the man seated a few feet from where Obama was speaking.

There is a big difference though between distancing yourself from a prior administration, which is OK, and distancing yourself from the millions of Americans who did not vote for you; that's bad form when you claim to be the post-partisan uniter.

Let's start with this line:

"On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord."

The words "we have chosen" harkens back to the election contest. Obama believes those of us who did not vote for (choose) him mark our choices with "fear, conflict and discord" (I guess that's why we cling to our guns and religion, right?).

"On this day, we come to proclaim an end to…worn out dogmas…"

So if my "dogma" differs from his (it does) this is apparently my "end." How very post-partisan of you, Mr. President!

"What the cynics fail to understand is that the ground has shifted beneath them — that the stale political arguments that have consumed us for so long no longer apply."

Bickering and name calling with the opposition in the inaugural address? Oh, I feel so united!!!

You can fool the mainstream media who are head over heels in love with you Mr. Obama, but you'll not hide your attacks in flowery language so long as I'm watching.

Historical note: In his Inaugural Address, Obama said we are a "young nation." Compared to whom? Our Constitution is in the top three oldest governing documents on the planet.

Words mean things Mr. President, except when they are clichés

By Tommy De Seno
    Attorney/Writer

after sitting under Rev. Jeremiah Wright for 20 years, racism probably comes as 2nd nature. class warfare and partisanship is also rearing its ugly head. is there a change from Bush that we can see? Yes We Can....hodaka47