This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• TryThe Bible With Sources RevealedorThe Pre-Nicene New Testament; translations by scholars lacking theological agendas are far more enlightening. I don't own either of these books, but have read parts of both.
    Well, when and if I have money to afford those, I will look into them. Thank you.
  • Well, when and if I have money to afford those, I will look into them. Thank you.
    Libraries are free.
  • edited August 2009
    Well, when and if I have money to afford those, I will look into them. Thank you.
    Libraries are free.
    Well, the libraries near me are pretty much no good. I'll check, but it's doubtful they'll have them...
    Edit: The Bible With Sources Revealed is available at two far away libraries, but the The Pre-Nicene New Testament: Fifty-four Formative Texts is not available near me at all.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Edit:The Bible With Sources Revealedis available at two far away libraries, but theThe Pre-Nicene New Testament: Fifty-four Formative Textsis not available near me at all.
    They can't do inter-library loans for you?
  • Edit:The Bible With Sources Revealedis available at two far away libraries, but theThe Pre-Nicene New Testament: Fifty-four Formative Textsis not available near me at all.
    They can't do inter-library loans for you?
    They can, but their might be a waiting list. I'll have to see. But none of the ones in my library network have the second book, so there can't be any transfers of that one.
  • I have a question for everyone in the forum, and I hope it doesn't sound dumb or stupid. Is this thread kinda redundant? What I mean is, I've seen a lot of things in the Thing of the Day thread that should go here. Not that's a big issue I care too much about, but I both just wanna throw it out there and have some clarification on the matter.
  • What I mean is, I've seen a lot of things in the Thing of the Day thread that should go here. Not that's a big issue I care too much about, but I both just wanna throw it out there and have some clarification on the matter.
    Generally, Things of Your Day is for awesome things you found/saw/etc., while Boo Yah! is for awesome things you did or that happened to you. Sometimes it's a judgment call as to which it is, and there's definitely some overlap. I like having the two separate threads.
  • What I mean is, I've seen a lot of things in the Thing of the Day thread that should go here. Not that's a big issue I care too much about, but I both just wanna throw it out there and have some clarification on the matter.
    Generally, Things of Your Day is for awesome things you found/saw/etc., while Boo Yah! is for awesome things you did or that happened to you. Sometimes it's a judgment call as to which it is, and there's definitely some overlap. I like having the two separate threads.
    I concur with you every step of the way and I also like having two threads for those purposes, but how do we solve the overlapping problem though?
    I concur with you every step of the way and I also like having two threads for those purposes, but how do we solve the overlapping problem though?
    Why do you think it matters? It doesn't.
  • Yes. There is no problem here.
    Why do you think it matters? It doesn't.
    It actually does as it causes unnecessary confusion. I'm not taking an argumentative stance here but, why doesn't it matter to you?
  • edited August 2009
    It actually does as it causes unnecessary confusion. I'm not taking an argumentative stance here but, why doesn't it matter to you?
    Because it's an internet forum. If this causes confusion for you, you have more serious problems to worry about.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    Because it's an internet forum. If this causes confusion for you, you have more serious problems to worry about.
    When did I ever say it causes a confusion for me? All I did was address an issue that was valid enough to be mentioned and discussed. Also, could you elaborate on these "serious problems" that you speak of?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • When did I ever say it causes a confusion for me? All I did was address an issue that was valid enough to be mentioned and discussed.
    You said it "causes unnecessary confusion", and I think you're the only person who's ever brought it up, so it's reasonable to think that you mean it causes confusion for you. Seriously, guy -- it's just an internet message board, don't take it too seriously. It doesn't have to run like a military or something, it just has to be a fun place to have a discussion.
  • edited August 2009
    When did I ever say it causes a confusion for me? All I did was address an issue that was valid enough to be mentioned and discussed. Also, could you elaborate on these "serious problems" that you speak of?
    No, it's not a valid issue. One thread deals with personal win, one deals with internet win. If someone cannot understand the distinction between these two threads, then they have serious reading comprehension problems. Furthermore, does it really matter what the title of the read is? No, what matters are the discussions and ideas being shared within the threads. If the title of the thread causes some problem with this function, then they should seek professional help.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    No, it's not valid to be mentioned. One thread deals with personal win, one deals with internet win. If someone cannot understand the distinction between these two threads, then they have seriously reading comprehension problems. Furthermore, does it really matter what the title of the read is? No, what matters are the discussions and ideas being shared within the threads. If the title of the thread causes some problem with this function, then they should seek professional help.
    You're right. It doesn't need to be discussed any longer.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I went to kinky on saturday, where I became quite friendly with the Fetish Models backstage(and some hilariously awesome Drag Queens), and managed to get a spot running the next one. I went to Leeds Gay Pride on Sunday, which was awesome, Cute gay boys bought me Many drinks, which is awesome, and I woke up on Monday with a startling hangover and a good looking woman who actually wants to date me(a request to which I rapidly agreed), and tomorrow, Omnutia and I will propably be doing our patented "Walkin' around, Lookin' around" and just generally hanging out.

Things are looking much better.
  • All of my recurring bills now automatically pay themselves. I love being tech savvy. ^_^
  • I went to kinky on saturday, where I became quite friendly with the Fetish Models backstage(and some hilariously awesome Drag Queens), and managed to get a spot running the next one. I went to Leeds Gay Pride on Sunday, which was awesome, Cute gay boys bought me Many drinks, which is awesome, and I woke up on Monday with a startling hangover and a good looking woman who actually wants to date me(a request to which I rapidly agreed), and tomorrow, Omnutia and I will propably be doing our patented "Walkin' around, Lookin' around" and just generally hanging out.

Haha, Fun times are always to be had when walkin' around, lookin' around.
  • I went to kinky on Saturday, where I became quite friendly with the Fetish Models backstage(and some hilariously awesome Drag Queens), and managed to get a spot running the next one. I went to Leeds Gay Pride on Sunday, which was awesome, Cute gay boys bought me Many drinks, which is awesome, and I woke up on Monday with a startling hangover and a good looking woman who actually wants to date me(a request to which I rapidly agreed), and tomorrow, Omnutia and I will probably be doing our patented "Walkin' around, Lookin' around" and just generally hanging out.

HAHA! Sounds like a good time. Walkin' around, Lookin' around!
  • Just finished setting up my new Cintiq 21ux. Only been using it for a few minutes, but holy shit, I already can't believe I spent so long drawing comics with an Intuos3.
  • Just finished setting up my newCintiq 21ux. Only been using it for a few minutes, but holy shit, I already can't believe I spent so long drawing comics with an Intuos3.
    Oh mans. I would totally molester your tablet.
  • Hot damn, you lucky bastard. Nice hardware!
  • Cute gay boys bought me Many drinks, which is awesome
    Don't you feel guilty leading them on?
    Never buy a drink for someone with expectations. Hopes, sure, but never expectations.
    Who said he was leading them on? :P
  • Just finished setting up my newCintiq 21ux. Only been using it for a few minutes, but holy shit, I already can't believe I spent so long drawing comics with an Intuos3.
    Oh mans. I would totally molester your tablet.
    I already am. *kisses tablet* I love you, baby.
  • I got my wisdom teeth removed today and there hasn't been much excruciating pain. There was a little bit when I got the feeling back in my face, but some ibuprofen took care of it. No need for the Vicodin!
  • I got my wisdom teeth removed today and there hasn't been much excruciating pain. There was a little bit when I got the feeling back in my face, but some ibuprofen took care of it. No need for the Vicodin!
    I think I will be in your shoes soon. Every time I eat my teeth hurts. Dentists suck so much!
    Never buy a drink for someone with expectations. Hopes, sure, but never expectations.
    It's not the buying of the drink that's in question here. It's the acceptance of the drink.