This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Photos

Comments

• Who puts an egg on a pizza?!
    Next you will put prawns and corn on it. Oh, wait, you Brits already do.
    Foolishness.
    I don't see what's wrong with that. Sure, to me that pizza doesn't look very tasty, but it's not the eggs fault. Stop blaming the egg woman!
  • edited December 2009
    I've decided that this would be better to show off my pics.

Sitback Slideshow at deviantART.

Please check out my page or gallery. That would really mean a lot.
    Post edited by Rezz on
  • It seems that Luke digs the Argentinian MILFs.
    Hey, they are the best MILFs :P
  • edited December 2009
    Who puts an egg on a pizza?!
    Next you will putprawns and cornon it. Oh, wait, you Brits already do.
    Foolishness.
    I don't see what's wrong with that. Sure, to me that pizza doesn't look very tasty, but it's not the eggs fault. Stop blaming the egg woman!
    Oh, eggs have their place, but egg on a pizza?! That just ain't right.
    Honestly, it may be very tasty, but most UK pizzas I have tasted just seemed to have random ingredients on it that didn't really mesh will with each other, nor the flavors of the sauce and cheese. A prime example, to my pallet, is prawns and corn.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • What the fuck else is on that pizza? What are those things that are shaped like tortilla chips?

Shrimp on pizza is OK, but shrimp and corn? Bleh.
  • I can now understand that post about getting everyone in Tokyo to wear the same outfit.
  • Shrimp on pizza is OK.
    I don't like seafood with red sauce, but shrimp on a white pizza might be fantastic. Particularly with some garlic and spinach.
  • I don't like seafood with red sauce, but shrimp on a white pizza might be fantastic. Particularly with some garlic and spinach.
    A white pizza with garlic (of course), fresh mozzarella, chunks of tomato, and shrimp. That would be delicious. Your shrimp with garlic and spinach idea is also very good. I'm sort of thinking that a shrimp and pesto pizza might work too; I loves me some pesto.
  • Football through the trees.I'm amazed how well that came out.
    I really like this one!
    Taken during boat drill.
  • I'm currently working on the Norwegian Sun. I say "working" but, hey, I'm a juggler. It's not as if you can call that a real job. I spent last Christmas on the Star Princess, and will back down here in South America to work on the Star again in January. The cruise itineraries are similar, and they crossed paths in Ushuaia, Argentina.

Sun and Star

For a more convention photo of the ships at the pier:

Sun and Star 2

And yet again, I find myself taking very similar photos in the same location. For example, I now have the same photo of a WWII gun pointing at a cruise ship in Stanley Harbour featuring three different cruise ships, although I've been there on four ships. Two of those four ships were the Marco Polo and the Norwegian Dream:

Marco Polo and Norwegian Dream
  • Pigeon

Back on the day wordpress ate that blog post, I went out for the day in the Chilean Lake District. The area has some of the most spectacular mountains and volcanoes as scenery. Unfortunately the clouds had settled low over the hills, and all you I could see were the lakes. I took a bus from Puerto Montt to Puerto Varas and back (about 2USD each way) and took a walk along the lakeside and through the town.

As I didn't know what photo subjects I might find, I left the 50mm prime on my camera for the whole day. This makes sure I get some practice away from my favorite lens, the 10-24mm wide angle, and my second most used lens, the 70-300mm zoom. With the 50mm I open the aperture wide, turn the ISO down low, and it becomes very, very fast. The narrow depth of field give the photos a great look.

As I was walking up the beach I saw some pigeons just ahead. One flew away, and as pigeons do, it flew in a wide circle around me. I noticed that as it passed in front of the lake, it was exactly the same distance from me as it was when it stood on the beach. So I focused on the next pigeon as I walked up to it. It took off, and followed the same route as the first. Click! Not the most interesting photo, but I'm pleased with it just because I got it in focus.

Hawk

This is a hawk or something similar. I took a number of photos of this as it flew overhead, so had time for the auto-focus to do its job.

PS: I've had a relaxing Christmas. I felt a bit hung-over this morning after the crew party last night. I sat in the jacuzzi for a while, watched two movies (the first films I've seen for months), and did a load of writing. New Years Eve should be fun too, as I'm doing two shows that evening, then there'll be another crew party later on.
  • Our nutcracker collection
    Those thing are scary. I hate the way they look and their teeth. Since you guy collect them, there's a crapload sold at Pier 1. I didn't like having to work in that section.
    Those thing are scary. I hate the way they look and their teeth. Since you guy collect them, there's a crapload sold at Pier 1. I didn't like having to work in that section.
    First goats, now nutcrackers. Don't mind me saying so, but you sure are afraid of unusual things Viga.
  • Walk Upright

I took this photo in Puerto Varas. So far it's the only one I took that day with a comment on the sosauce.com album. When the email notification came through and said "Your photo 'Walk upright' has a new comment" I thought "I don't recognize that caption..."

So I looked at the photo again, and the caption again, and giggled all over again.
  • Just posted to my blog, the last images from my epic 9 week trip...

I'm just getting ready to leave the ship to go to the airport to fly home. In fact, I was ready hours ago, but for bullshit bureaucracy reasons I wasn't allowed off the ship, and had to spend all day aboard. After about 24 hours of travel I'll be home for the first time in almost 9 weeks. Yay!

Here's some photos from the last upload of images to my South America album on Sosauce.com. Once I get home and start working on projects there I'll post updates and photos of non-bird or sea-mammal subjects.

I've taken this same walk to Gypsy Cove twice in the past three weeks, plus once last March, and once back in 2007. The wildlife has become very familiar to me, and in the last two visits I've even recognized the same bird families over and over. The goslings have grown big, and the duck and penguin eggs have hatched. They make for very cute photos. I'll be back in the Falklands in about a month, so I'll see if I can catch up with the same families for a final time.

Also, the autofocus on my zoom lens, the one I use for the majority of wildlife photography, is broken. All of the following photos were taken with manual focus. I actually enjoy working that way, but I still might use this as en excuse to buy a new, non-shit zoom lens.

A sea bird
    A sea bird. I have no idea what kind.

Wreck
    A small wreck.

Penguin and chicksPenguin and chicks in a burrow.

A family of ducks.
    A family of ducks.

Magellanic Penguin
    Magellanic Penguin

Sealion up close.
    Sealion up close. Too close, actually, as it kept lunging at me, trying to bite me. I took this photo with a wide angle lens. So yeah, a bit too close for comfort.

That's it! The end of a full two months of photos. I hope you've enjoyed the updates. See the whole album at sosauce.com.
  • Amazing adventure, Luke. I really enjoyed your Photo collection.

Well done!
  • An Homage to Edward Hopper
    Hahaha, Oh Geofino, you and your chemical photo processing. Your stone age methods amuse me so. Please, join us here in the 21st century, won't you?
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    An Homage to Edward Hopper
    Hahaha, Oh Geofino, you and your chemical photo processing. Your stone age methods amuse me so. Please, join us here in the 21st century, won't you?
    This really reminds back to that conversation I had about the manual camera on a previous Geekchat. But I'd rather not get raped by Sonic and Luke again.
    To be fair, you were asking for it, you shouldn't have been dressed like that in that part of town.
    Instead of me deliberating and making excuses, I'll be frank. I enjoy doing it the old way very much so, but that does not mean I don't utilize or enjoy the modern and more common way of doing it. That would be silly and insane if I only did the former.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited February 2010
    Wedding pictures. (Not mine.)

Staring at the bride.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • I agree with that picture, Sail. Nutella + anything = OMFG!!!1
  • I like how they actually had to draw out the "1", with their hand. That's so...meta?
  • I agree with that picture, Sail. Nutella + anything = OMFG!!!1
    Pickled Herring?
  • I'm actually not that big on Nutella. I mostly took the picture for the use of "1".
  • Pickled Herring?
    Possibly. Who knows? *shrug*
    First goats, now nutcrackers. Don't mind me saying so, but you sure are afraid of unusual things Viga.
    Dude. Look at them! I hate the teeth. It's so weird. GAH!
  • I have a backlog of something like 800 photos to go through. I have some today of me swimming at 64 degrees south. That's actually a long way south to be running around outside mostly naked.