This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Quake Live

Comments

• WaterIsPoison
  • I'm Blattus.

Shouldn't we just add this to IDShare? Don't we have that for reasons like this?

• Shouldn't we just add this to IDShare? Don't we have that for reasons like this?
    Ok, I added it.

Yeah, IDShare is kind of old and busted. I should do something about that.
  • I am Rhymenocerus.
    They call me the Hiphopapotamus. My lyrics are bottomless.

Shock of shocks, my name in Quake Live is TheWhaleShark.
    It has also been my name on Steam the last few weeks. Andrew changed his to Hiphopapotamus the next day. There's your proof for you, Ro.
  • So why are you not playing Quakelive... because you should be :-p
  • edited April 2009
    The second Mac support is available, I will be fragging (or being fraged by) all of you!
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • The second Mac support is available, i will be fragging (or being fraged by) all of you!
    Me too.
  • I've got a sneak peak for you guys, a new map that is coming out for Quake live.
  • Nice! I still play a game or two of Quakelive a day.
  • Nice! I still play a game or two of Quakelive a day.
    Me too, pretty much. I like how the fast, short nature of Quakelive games, plus the fact that it's right in the browser, lends itself to "I've got 10 minutes to kill, let's play a little Quake."
  • Anyone still active in this? I saw the episode of GeekNights about it in my iTunes feed and my curiosity has been piqued again.
  • Anyone still active in this? I saw the episode of GeekNights about it in my iTunes feed and my curiosity has been piqued again.
    I hear Quake noises coming from Rym's room every now and again.
  • edited July 2009
    Anyone still active in this? I saw the episode of GeekNights about it in my iTunes feed and my curiosity has been piqued again.
    I hear Quake noises coming from Rym's room every now and again.
    Well, I suppose that's as good a testimonial as any.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I play it almost every day.
  • I haven't played in a few weeks but that's just because I've been busy, if anyone ever contacts me I am always up for a game.
  • I just recently started playing this. I'm not sure why I haven't checked this out yet! If anybody wants to play against a complete noob or friend me, my username is IndifferentFace.
  • I've had an account for a while, but I'm just getting around to installing the plugin. I'm looking forward to playing with you chaps.

My username is (surprise) SonicDH.

Actually, come to think of it, It's only the second game where I'm not using my normal gamer name, EnsaneAffliction.
  • Oh oh, I'll play anytime I find someone on when I log on it.
  • http://kotaku.com/5338246/carmack-quake-live-needs-user+paid-component
    At QuakeCon Carmack said that Quake Live will have to charge for something, or it won't work. He suggested they might charge users to run their own servers. That's actually kind of cool, especially if users don't have to actually host their own servers, just pay Id to do it. Hopefully this will also let people bring back awesome mods. Too bad the awesome mods are all for Quake 2, not 3.

However, hidden in the article is something else important. The Mac and Linux versions of Quake Live will be out this week. That means a bunch of players will come flooding back into the game. I think it's time to return to Quake Live.
  • Mac and Linux are now supported.
  • edited September 2009
    Username is Dayraven915. God it feels good to play a classic FPS again. I died about 30 times before getting my first frag, just like the good old days.
    Post edited by Dayraven915 on
  • I found a handy Greasemonkey script that lets you view your tier placement, if anyone is interested.
  • Yea, I used it as well.
  • I'm on quakelive, as Churba
  • I've sent out invites to anyone who I could find who put there names up in this thread, I'll be playing for the next hour or two, if anyone wants to join me in a game.
  • Someone explain to us all why anyone would want topay $4/month, billed annually, for added functions in a game that came out in the 90s.
    I don't know, I'd pay money for a server with people on it playing Action Quake 2.
  • I could see an opening for a company specializing in running servers for out of date games.
  • Someone explain to us all why anyone would want topay $4/month, billed annually, for added functions in a game that came out in the 90s.
    Because Quake is fucking fun, and there are still a lot of people who are super into it.