This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Google Wave

Comments

• How would they know the difference?
    Depends how well you bullshitted their form. If you told them you're a developer for some corporation and wrote a nice poem, they'll pick you.
  • I never got an invite and I even signed up too? What's the deal?
    You're in a queue, first in, first out basically with a few modifiers to put people further to the front or back. Example, there're three radio buttons to select from when you sign up, one says you're excited and will pretty much do a bunch to make Wave better, then there's the opposite that says you just want Wave, and then there's something inbetween. If you picked the last option you're far in the back of the queue. Then there's the little form for extra information, keep it empty and you're non-descript. You don't stand out. If you fill it with a highly professional sounding explanation of how important and useful for Wave you are, you will jump out.

tl;dr as trogdor said, you should've lied.
  • Also, current Wavers have the ability to bump you up in the queue by spending a "nomination" on you, even if you never put in an email address to be in the preview. That's how my friend got in.
  • I don't see anywhere for spending a nomination, perhaps because I was only recently invited?
  • edited October 2009
    Also, current Wavers have the ability to bump you up in the queue by spending a "nomination" on you, even if you never put in an email address to be in the preview. That's how my friend got in.
    I feel kind of bad for doing it, but I want to ask for nominations, as I'm still outside the walled wave garden. Apparently, you can't join normal waves if you have a sandbox account. Unless I'm wrong?

EDIT: OH HEY. Nevermind. Google sent an invite to my dev account, as a wave. That's pretty nifty.

EDITED EDIT: By the by, I'm yoshokatana @ gmail.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Wave seems to have added a feature that tells you if people on your contact list are online (a little green dot in the lower right corner of the user icon).
  • I have Google Wave now! (Thanks to YoshoKatana) Find me - MikeASchneider
  • edited October 2009
    Got some new invites, first come first served (well maybe), i.e. drop me a whisper and you may get in.

EDIT: Please note that Wave "invites" are nominations to Google. Even if I nominate you, Google still decides when/if you will get an actual account. Previously it has taken up to several days for an invite to go through.

EDIT 2: Aaaaand they're gone! A couple of you will have to wait till next time (or badger Scott into checking his Wave account, I bet he got some additional invites too).
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • edited October 2009
    Sucks that I could not get in for the moment, got reminded about it on Boing Boing today and got sad (They had an article about RPG's and google wave!)
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • (They had an article about RPG's and google wave!)
    ...Burning Wheel wave?
  • ...Burning Wave?
  • ...BurningWave?
  • There s already a Mouse Guard semi-public (i.e. request to be added to it) wave.
  • Hey, it looks like Google sent me an extra invite. Does anyone want it?
  • edited October 2009
    Please! I am ElJoe0@gmail.com
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • Is it too late?
    greyhuge@gmail.com
  • if any more invites pop up, sending one to kevin.brake@gmail.com would be appreciated.
  • I whispered to Timo already, but an invite to lackofcheese@gmail.com would be great if anyone ends up with a spare.
  • edited November 2009
    I have a few left over, but am unsure who was already invited. So whisper me. ;)

And be patient, it take some time to get the invite.

Invited:

lackofcheese
    Vhdblood
    Cremlian
    Ro
    Techparadox
    ElJoe0 the Viscount
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • I would love an invite. Vhdblood@gmail.com. :D
  • Oh hell, I'm not too proud to beg. If anyone gets a spare invite nomination, please keep techparadox@gmail.com in mind. :)
  • Axel.of.the.Key@gmail.com would enjoy an invitation, if anyone has one. Thank you if you do, I am would be very grateful to anyone who would give me one.
  • Axel.of.the.Key@gmail.com would enjoy an invitation, if anyone has one. Thank you if you do, I am would be very grateful to anyone who would give me one.
    I thought I sent you one. I'm pretty sure you got one.
  • edited November 2009
    Axel.of.the.Key@gmail.com would enjoy an invitation, if anyone has one. Thank you if you do, I am would be very grateful to anyone who would give me one.
    Strange...I'll look, didn't think I did.
    Unless it went to my spam filter, which doesn't make sense because I use Gmail so it wouldn't ever block itself, I didn't receive an invitation.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    Axel.of.the.Key@gmail.com would enjoy an invitation, if anyone has one. Thank you if you do, I am would be very grateful to anyone who would give me one.
    Strange...I'll look, didn't think I did.
    Unless it went to my spam filter, which doesn't make sense because I use Gmail so it wouldn't ever block itself, I didn't receive an invitation.
    Go to the Google Wave site, and try to log in.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • They don't come through instantly, took mine a day or so after Timo sent it.
  • The "invitations" are actually only nominations.
  • Yeah, when I tried to log in, it still wouldn't let me, which I figured.
  • Yeah, when I tried to log in, it still wouldn't let me, which I figured.
    Well I sent you an invite now I think.
  • If anyone has a spare nomination to toss my way, I'd be eternally grateful! I hate begging, but this just might be worth it. :D
    I'm at whistleotter32@gmail.com. If not, well... =/ I can wait...