This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Google Wave

Comments

• Alright! Mine is VentureJX@googlewave.com
  • Aaaand they're gone! Recipients have been whispered back, remember that Google takes 2-3 days for processing (at best).
  • Aaaand they're gone! Recipients have been whispered back, remember that Google takes 2-3 days for processing (at best).
    I really appreciate it, thanks a lot!
  • edited November 2009
    f you are concerned with privacy (and there are many legitimate reasons to be, e.g., if you have a stalker)
    Nah, I'm just paranoid as hell.
    Well I was just questioning the utility of trying to be anonymous in light of a) the inconvenience this will likely create down the line when you have to manually sync some contacts/docs/whatever Google invents next/etc and b) the fact that that sort of anonymity is paper thin at best.
    Google actually has a feature that allows you to assign a secondary Gmail address to your main one and log in/sync both by just logging into the primary, so this shouldn't be too much of an issue for me.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I just got into the wave thing myself, besides the second address I am digging the concept here, I need to play around with it some more before making any major judgement on it.
  • You want to hand out your googlewave address so we can add you to the GN wave?
  • You want to hand out your googlewave address so we can add you to the GN wave?
    why not? patrick.burden@googlewave.com
  • edited November 2009
    Nah, I'm just paranoid as hell.
    Unless you're surfing from a location that is accessible without being caught on surveillance cameras, with a laptop bought with cash at a pawn shop, on an open wlan, using mac spoofing and using TOR, you're not.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • I've still got 15 invite nominations left - if you're still looking to get an invite and you haven't been able to get your hat in the ring, whisper me and I'll send one your way.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm in Google Wave, at greywolf330@googlewave.com
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • edited November 2009
    Wave is down for me

Edit: oh it's just really slow.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • edited November 2009
    I have 4 Wave invites. Whisper me for one. (I need your e-mail.)
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Apparently Google's cronjob kicked in and gave out invites (I got 8 to hand out), and invited nominees.
  • I have eight invites. It seems like anyone around here that wanted one already has one, though.
  • Unless you're surfing from a location that is accessible without being caught on surveillance cameras, with a laptop bought with cash at a pawn shop, on an open wlan, using mac spoofing and using TOR, you're not.
    I am aware.
  • Could I, jain7th@googlewave.com, be added to the GN Wave?
  • Same request for kmacintyre44@googlewave.com
  • edited November 2009
    I've still got several nominations to hand out. Post your gmail and I'll hook up about 15 22 or so people. :) They apparently tripped more invites for me today!
    Post edited by Techparadox on
  • Yay, friends with tech relations! jhlodin@googlewave.com.
  • I guess I should finally get on this. Could someone send me an invite? theknoxinator@gmail.com Thanks in advance.
  • I have 12 invites left, if anyone wants them.
  • I has the Wave. theknoxinator@googlewave.com Got eight invites almost immediately too.
  • edited November 2009
    Invite received thank you.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • Wave is all go, beefturkeys@googlewave
  • I haen't really cared enough before to jump on the bandwagon till now. Anyone got a spare invite. It's probably too late though...
  • I have a spare invite.
  • edited November 2009
    I have... 16 invites.
    Get them while they're hot.
    EDIT: 24 invites
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • I could use an invite. qstrejo@gmail.com
  • I could also use an invite. auretell@gmail.com