This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• The second season of Agents of Shield has so much going on right now that I think it's struggling under the format of a weekly show. The show would flow so much better as something on Netflix that could be binge watched like Daredevil will be. It's funny because it's the same reason I would rather read trades than floppies.

Flash continues to be really really good. Crisis Continues!
  • Ikatono said:

I have Netflix, Hulu Plus, and a Chromecast, and thus have no need for cable and torrent almost nothing (if you're a cop you have to tell me).

LOL no just Australian where companies don't venture due to the minimal population.

• I don't really have the patience for torrenting anymore, for finding them or for downloading them.
  • MATATAT said:

I don't really have the patience for torrenting anymore, for finding them or for downloading them.

I hear a lot of people say this, and I honestly have no fucking clue what people are doing. Torrenting is as easy as clicking a download link.

I torrent weird shit, like Korean TV shows. The torrents for 1 hour + long 1080p shows take under 3 minutes. If I torrent something popular like Adventure Time, it takes under 5 seconds.

Finding the torrents is as easy a search. I go to the torrent site. I search for what I want. I sort so that the torrent with the most seeds/leeches is at the top. I double check it to make sure it's actually the thing I want. I click the magnet link. The torrent begins.
  • After 6 (7?) episodes, I still can't decide if I really like Better Call Saul or not.
  • edited March 2015
    Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

I don't really have the patience for torrenting anymore, for finding them or for downloading them.

I hear a lot of people say this, and I honestly have no fucking clue what people are doing. Torrenting is as easy as clicking a download link.

I torrent weird shit, like Korean TV shows. The torrents for 1 hour + long 1080p shows take under 3 minutes. If I torrent something popular like Adventure Time, it takes under 5 seconds.

Finding the torrents is as easy a search. I go to the torrent site. I search for what I want. I sort so that the torrent with the most seeds/leeches is at the top. I double check it to make sure it's actually the thing I want. I click the magnet link. The torrent begins.
    So one thing I noticed is that if you are keeping up with a television show, its seems to be fine. And if that was the case then it would be fine. I even use Demonoid so it's usually guaranteed to be well managed by the community, no shitty virus infected shit or anything. Any bad shit gets filtered out. But when I want to watch an old movie or finally start watching a show (Game of Thrones) it starts to get harder. I had a pretty easy time getting the first season, but the second season was just a pain in the ass. Most of the total season rips I found were garbage quality, or were good and just didn't have any seeders. As far as movies go its usually hard to find still seeded movie torrents for older movies. When I can pay like $4 on Xbox Video or something to just stream in HD I'm fine just spending the money.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

So one thing I noticed is that if you are keeping up with a television show, its seems to be fine. And if that was the case then it would be fine. I even use Demonoid so it's usually guaranteed to be well managed by the community, no shitty virus infected shit or anything. Any bad shit gets filtered out. But when I want to watch an old movie or finally start watching a show (Game of Thrones) it starts to get harder. I had a pretty easy time getting the first season, but the second season was just a pain in the ass. Most of the total season rips I found were garbage quality, or were good and just didn't have any seeders. As far as movies go its usually hard to find still seeded movie torrents for older movies. When I can pay like $4 on Xbox Video or something to just stream in HD I'm fine just spending the money.
    I don't have this problem. I torrent lots of really old movies without issue. I've watched almost every Akira Kurosawa movie, and even the ones that were not very well known were trivial to find torrents for.

I just went on Pirate Bay. I searched for Game of Thrones and sorted by seeds. There are torrents for each and every complete season in 720p blu-ray rips. They all have hundreds of seeds/leeches each. Perhaps the problem is that you are using some weird Demonoid thing instead of just sailing the high seas. Viruses are not a concern when downloading video files. Just don't go pirating Photoshop or anything.

That being said, there's no reason to torrent something like GoT because it is trivially available in many legal streaming ways that are even easier.
  • To be fair, torrents do dry up. For instance I still can't find anything past episode 7 for Gyagu Manga Biyori 2
  • edited March 2015
    Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

I don't have this problem. I torrent lots of really old movies without issue. I've watched almost every Akira Kurosawa movie, and even the ones that were not very well known were trivial to find torrents for.

I just went on Pirate Bay. I searched for Game of Thrones and sorted by seeds. There are torrents for each and every complete season in 720p blu-ray rips. They all have hundreds of seeds/leeches each. Perhaps the problem is that you are using some weird Demonoid thing instead of just sailing the high seas. Viruses are not a concern when downloading video files. Just don't go pirating Photoshop or anything.

That being said, there's no reason to torrent something like GoT because it is trivially available in many legal streaming ways that are even easier.
    All I know is that I tried a few torrents of GoT for season 2 from both pirate bay and demonoid and most of them were either bad quality even if they said they weren't or were basically not downloading, or said they would take several hours to download because there were like 5-6 actual seeders. But either way, I'm willing to throw a couple bucks at something to make it happen instantaneous with no effort as opposed to finding a random stream or torrent somewhere.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • To be fair, torrents do dry up. For instance I still can't find anything past episode 7 for Gyagu Manga Biyori 2

I couldn't find that when it was a brand new thing. Unpopular stuff is unpopular.

Give BakaBT try. I've had decent luck in finding older and obscure animoos on their site.

Give BakaBT try. I've had decent luck in finding older and obscure animoos on their site.
    I did, for the sake of trying. Seasons 1 and 3 are there, but 2 is not to be found.

• Apsup said:

To be fair, torrents do dry up. For instance I still can't find anything past episode 7 for Gyagu Manga Biyori 2

I did, for the sake of trying. Seasons 1 and 3 are there, but 2 is not to be found.

I didn't even know season 3 existed!
  • Question related to torrenting:

What's a good Bittorent client to use? I was using uTorrent, but then read about how they started putting in all kinds of spamware and other stuff.

What's a good Bittorent client to use? I was using uTorrent, but then read about how they started putting in all kinds of spamware and other stuff.

Tixati is what I use. Light, easy to use, gets the job done.

I still use uTorrent, the ad-ware can be turn off inside the advanced settings if you know which convoluted ones to turn off. The spyware was on one release which was a modified program distributed by people other than the original developers.

However if I'm installing on a machine that I won't be using or for a friend I just put on Tixati instead.

• Tixati is great. I don't torrent much (Netflix, Amazon Whatsits, etc exist), but I do have a ShowRSS feed for brand new shows. It automatically fetches the latest episode (in HD, of course) and downloads it. Literally zero effort.

I finally joined what.cd after I couldn't find a certain album of 60's Malasian psychadelic pop, and their library is super expansive. Music-wise, I use Spotify and buy weird chiptunes stuff on Bandcamp, but for things I can't buy (out of print stuff, mostly) I'm glad what.cd exists.
  • edited March 2015
    Tixati. Definitely.
    Post edited by 2bfree on
  • but I do have a ShowRSS feed for brand new shows. It automatically fetches the latest episode (in HD, of course) and downloads it. Literally zero effort.

Same situation here.
  • I use transmission
  • The TV show I'm watching is March Madness and THE BADGERS ARE IN THE FINAL FOUR!
  • I use transmission

• By the by, iZombie is a pretty great show. The name is unfortunate, but it feels like a mashup of Buffy, Veronica Mars, and zombies.
  • By the by, iZombie is a pretty great show. The name is unfortunate, but it feels like a mashup of Buffy, Veronica Mars, and zombies.

I didn't know that comic became a show.
  • Apreche said:

By the by, iZombie is a pretty great show. The name is unfortunate, but it feels like a mashup of Buffy, Veronica Mars, and zombies.

I didn't know that comic became a show.
    It effectively didn't.
  • The Rock is a fantastic SNL host. Best episode in a long time. The Pep Boys #genderflect parody of Starbucks #racetogether was my favorite.

I think I'm disagreeing with you on this one, I found it formulaic predictable a little too cheesy and I'm over zombies in media however my brother thinks it's pretty great so there is an audience, I'm probably just tired of the set-up.
  • If you liked Veronica Mars, you will probably like the iZombie TV show. Otherwise, it is a pass.
  • Marathoned all of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. That is a really good show

Watched the first two episodes - yeah this is a really good show. The first episode in particular had great jokes landing at an incredible pace. I was laughing for some seriously long stretches. The second episode felt like a letdown because it was not the first episode, but it still had good moments, as it detoured to establish the plot for the rest of the season. I have faith in this show and will finish.

• Wow, The new Daredevil series is really good and surprisingly dark compared to other Marvel properties that Disney has released. (but obviously not surprising to the source material.)