This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• yea it's on my list, it's just hard to move towards it with it's 9 seasons :-p
  • edited March 2015
    Cremlian said:

yea it's on my list, it's just hard to move towards it with it's 9 seasons :-p

It's on season 10 and it may still keep going. It's gotten a bit silly.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • It's gotten a bit silly.
    Understatement.
  • Cremlian said:

Cremlian said:

sK0pe said:

Started watching House of Cards Season 3. I'm only on episode 3 and I have no idea why I've wasted my time giving trash shows a chance.

I assume you didn't like the first two seasons?

I think his point was that being reminded that how good a show could be, threw into stark relief how bad the things he was watching were.
    Yea I read it wrong, now reading it again I realize he's complementing it ^_^
    Yes. I'm sorry for making the previous post hard to parse.
  • A little OT, but not really:
    My gamergater senses are tingling. I'd ask him about ethics in games journalism, but my bingo card is full.
  • Guaranteed neckbeard. I have perused his comment history. Multiple Gator posts to KotakuInAction.

Start another bingo card. You can play bingo bingo.
  • edited March 2015
    I feel like watching another show from when I was a kid again to see if it holds up. So far the only two to do so were DuckTales and TaleSpin. I think I'll watch The Tribe this time. Anyone that has seen it tried going back and watching it?

Separately, I am curious how many shows I watched as a kid were made in New Zealand. It is way more than I expected before re-watching some with my kids.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Archer season five is now on Netflix. Did they change writers? Not impressed with season five.
  • Marathoned all of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. That is a really good show
  • Marathoned all of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. That is a really good show

Agreed. Loved it to death. Reminded me a lot of 30 Rock with a dash of My Name is Earl. This is Ellie Kemper's big breakthrough. That show also has so many incredible one liners: "Now, I've only read one book. The good book. The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton."
  • House of Cards season 3.

I'm disappointed in Claire...
  • Archer season 5 was just them going off the wall. Things in Season 6 seem to be back in the prime zone, though with a few significant Alterations.

HoC season 3 was enjoyable, maNY peopke seem less than stoked by it, and I can see it but it was fun. That said, I really wonder if those people would have been more or less enthused with the season if the show was released as a weekly.

The Americans continues to impress. My vote for Best live action show right now.

vikings is turning out just ok. Has moments of awesome. Has to move the main objective to something interesting tho.
  • SWATrous said:

HoC season 3 was enjoyable, maNY peopke seem less than stoked by it, and I can see it but it was fun. That said, I really wonder if those people would have been more or less enthused with the season if the show was released as a weekly.

I liked season 3. It wasn't as crazy with the Underwood's this season as it was with last season.

I really loved this tweet:

As for TV shows I'm watching, after being such a fan of the movie Stargate for so long, I've started on the tv series. I'm actually doing a podcast review with a fellow Simply Syndicated podcaster episode by episode. So it's going to be a long series. Watched the first 4 episodes of SG-1 yesterday. While there are a lot of outdated effects and obvious tropes, I still find it interesting and looking forward to watching more.
  • SG1 goes off the rails after the first arc and becomes the show about the characters who act like they know they're in a show.

It's GREAT from that point onward.
  • Z Nation is an role playing game on TV. I kept expecting them to cut to a kitchen table with a bunch of kids playing All Brains Must Be Eaten.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Z Nation is an role playing game on TV. I kept expecting them to cut to a kitchen table with a bunch of kids playing All Brains Must Be Eaten.

Yea, I enjoyed Z-nation as a B movie in a series.
  • Rym said:

SG1 goes off the rails after the first arc and becomes the show about the characters who act like they know they're in a show.

It's GREAT from that point onward.

It can get a bit tedious at times because there's a lot of general plot-reuse and plodding, but the show also has some outright gems. They do some excellent things.

We just tried out Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and we're sold. We'll probably consume it all posthaste.

We're also slowly working through the end of Farscape. Season 4 has some crazy shit.

• Kimmy Schmidt will happen in my house at some point, because it's my wife's kind of show, but she does have quite a full TV plate, so don't know when it will happen.

Because I have nothing else I am watching, except Jon Oliver, House of Cards has become my "only watch it while working out" show, which means I'll only average 1.5 episodes per week.
  • Stargate really didn't hook me.
    I loved the movie when I was a kid but after the first few episodes or the first season it felt like trash when up against Battlestar Galactica. I think I was disillusioned because I wanted it to be like the movie but it wasn't possible.

I'll give The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt a try but the rest of my theatre time is on House of Cards, Jon Oliver, Brooklyn 99 and Top Gear.
  • Doc in the air vent? The more I watch the more certain I am that the script for Z Nation is written via an RPG session.
  • I should look for a viewing guide for SG-1 so I can only watch the good stuff..
  • I've been enjoying Agents of SHIELD, but wow, Flash is pretty much what I want in a super hero show.
  • Cremlian said:

I've been enjoying Agents of SHIELD, but wow, Flash is pretty much what I want in a super hero show.

Last nights episode was pretty great.

Ryms talk in the Marvel thread about characters vs plots made me think how much I like the characters in the Flash. Reveals of plot twists is one thing, but what I'm really looking forward to is to see how the characters react to those plot twists.

• Just finished up Z Nation. How did that show go from campy to awesome in 13 episodes?
  • If you want to be creeped out by an old dude, watch The Jinx. It's a 6-part HBO series, true crime story, about Robert Durst. It goes through the history of how he got away with all of his murders, spliced in with his first-ever public interview. We started it up because it was the talk of my wife's work, and Robert Durst had been in the news a lot last week. It turns out he admitted to all of the murders while he didn't realize his mic was still live, and wound up getting arrested trying to flee the country last week. It's a crazy story and the show is pretty well done.
  • Finished, Vikings Season 2 which was a lot of fun.

Almost finished my complete watch through of West Wing which still holds up today.

Also watching the Ultimate Guide to President's on Netflix, it is definitely not Ultimate, more like a causal glance over the presidents.
  • Everyone should watch The Jinx
  • One of the greatest programmes to ever be produced.

Get them through your eyeballs already.
  • Thanks for the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt recommendation, I had no idea it was Tina Fey and company.

Also on a side note it feels weird that I now have Netflix, I don't need to torrent the majority of things any more.
  • I have Netflix, Hulu Plus, and a Chromecast, and thus have no need for cable and torrent almost nothing (if you're a cop you have to tell me).