This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• I pretty much marathoned the first season. Still haven't watched the second one.
  • Started watching Top Gear from the very beginning on Netflix. Then they took down almost all of the series. Continued watching it on Amazon Prime. Then they took away the free viewing. Stop messing with my enjoyment people!
  • chaosof99 said:

I started watching House of Cards a couple of months ago, but things got in the way and the show was kind of too "dense" (not as in stupid, but as in things you have to pay attention to every episode) for me at the time. Started watching from episode one again today and I will pace myself. Show is excellent but I think your mind would explode if you tried to marathon it.

I watched the entire first season in 2 days and had no issue. However I did pick up on much more detail when I watched it again at a slower pace before season 2 came out.
  • Agent Carter is a surprisingly good show, and orders of magnitude better than Agents of SHIELD.
  • Agent Carter is a surprisingly good show, and orders of magnitude better than Agents of SHIELD.

I disagree, I feel as if it treats the audience like idiots.

I couldn't watch after the first 15 minutes of the pilot.
    But hey I can't stand Agents of SHIELD either however I have a high expectation for media that I'm going to be filling my free time with.
  • Vikings. Oh shit... The ending of this weeks episode. The look on the younger brother's face. The look on the princess's face. The look on Ragnar's face that just says, "yeah, I am going to fuck all of you."
  • HMTKSteve said:

Vikings. Oh shit... The ending of this weeks episode. The look on the younger brother's face. The look on the princess's face. The look on Ragnar's face that just says, "yeah, I am going to fuck all of you."

I binge watched all the episodes prior to this season last year. It's so weird not being able to go on to the next episode immediately.
  • About 75% done with Halt and Catch Fire. This show flew completely underneath my radar and it's great.
  • Just started Fawlty Towers.
  • This Friday. House of Cards season 3.

Also Sesame Street is the best.

They even had the ring knock
  • "Real Humans": It's a swedish show that's almost like a prequel to the american "Almost Human" which was brutally cancelled by, guess who? Fox.
  • edited February 2015
    HMTKSteve said:

Vikings. Oh shit... The ending of this weeks episode. The look on the younger brother's face. The look on the princess's face. The look on Ragnar's face that just says, "yeah, I am going to fuck all of you."

but honestly, whose brought idea was it to split their forces on two sides of a river with no way to support each other?

Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • HMTKSteve said:

but honestly, whose brought idea was it to split their forces on two sides of a river with no way to support each other?

That was super silly writing unless there is more to the story and the family are all idiots.
  • sK0pe said:

HMTKSteve said:

That was super silly writing unless there is more to the story and the family are all idiots.
    If you recall the little brother was wondering aloud why the ships didn't split their forces and attack both groups. Could still be bad writing used to make Ragnar appear more tactically brilliant than the English.
  • HMTKSteve said:

sK0pe said:

HMTKSteve said:

If you recall the little brother was wondering aloud why the ships didn't split their forces and attack both groups. Could still be bad writing used to make Ragnar appear more tactically brilliant than the English.
    I think most people would have realised Ragnar was going to just one bank as soon as the scene was revealed. Surprising since some of the crazy fights orchestrated last season were far more complex strategically and made a lot of sense.
  • Person of Interest has been my dig for a while. Also watching Vikings & can't wait for you-know-what.
  • I'm NOT saying English people from the viking ages were dumb or incapable of tactics...

But I have a feeling that sometimes people got into leadership positions who were not exactly strategic masterminds, or natural leaders of any note, despite a few victories evrn, and got people 'effed up the a" on the reg.

It's like "This plan seems super legit" when it is actually terrible ,and you realize it immediately when someone points it out; and maybe, hopefully, think "well I fucked up"

Except here Floki caves your skull with an axe.

Anyone gettin down on:

Better call saul
    The Americans
    Forever
    Fresh off the Boat

so all are all so also hot.
  • I watched the first episode of Better Call Saul but I'll probably wait for it to hit Netflix.
  • SWATrous said:

Better call saul
    The Americans
    Forever
    Fresh off the Boat

so all are all so also hot.

I'm enjoying Better Call Saul and Fresh off the Boat.
    Fresh off the Boat hits me with nostalgia with the immigrant backgound and growing up around the same age as Eddie.

The food thing was hilarious, I had forgotten the exact same thing had happened to me in kindergarten but my Mum called me when she saw the episode and retold the story of me not wanting to take Indian food for lunch after coming home from kindergarten.

It has a similar story telling style to Everybody Hates Chris (that show was well constructed, hilarious, real great but obviously the show didn't bring in the ratings).
  • edited February 2015
    Was just looking over the Walking Dead cast. Norman Reedus (Daryl) went from supporting cast to second billing by season four.

Edit: though I think everyone above him in the cast list died so he didn't jump ahead of anyone.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • HMTKSteve said:

Was just looking over the Walking Dead cast. Norman Reedus (Daryl) went from supporting cast to second billing by season four.

Edit: though I think everyone above him in the cast list died so he didn't jump ahead of anyone.

Yea I don't think they planned for him to last this long, but they found his character so badass and compelling they expanded his role. Also Note: Daryl is not in the comics.

• At this point I think Rick, Carl, Michonne, and Daryl are the only immortal characters on the show. It is a shame they already explored Carl's fall into darkness plot. I don't think that was ever resolved in the comics.
  • Parks and Recreation had an incredible finale. You could look at Season 6 as a great finale, but Season 7 is this beautiful victory lap for the show that just ends perfectly. Absolutely worth every second.
  • Cremlian said:

HMTKSteve said:

Yea I don't think they planned for him to last this long, but they found his character so badass and compelling they expanded his role. Also Note: Daryl is not in the comics.

Daryl is in the cast because they killed Andrew so fucking early in the TV series, the old person - young person attraction was between Andrea and Dale not Carol and Daryl.

The TV show is complete trash when compared to the comic. I only catch it here and there and switch off within 5 - 10 minutes wondering why the audience feel it is worth their time.

Carl is so annoying for me in the TV show. There is no resolution to Carl's "fall into darkness", the whole point of the Carl's character is to show how fucked up a kid becomes when raised to be a survivor in the zombie apocolypse
  • edited March 2015
    House of Cards Season 3 is a step down in quality that was the first two seasons. However it was still enjoyable to watch and sorta suffered from two factors 1. Foreign policy plots that are realistic tend to be extremely boring (because nothing actually gets accomplished) and 2. As President there was much less CRAZY stuff Underwood could do. Though it was interesting to watch a president do whatever it took to get stuff done. Also some characters just did mindbogglingly stupid crap. I just felt thought by the end of the season that nothing during the season mattered that much. Beyond the last few minutes of the last eps.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Started watching House of Cards Season 3. I'm only on episode 3 and I have no idea why I've wasted my time giving trash shows a chance.

Speaking of which -

Watched Last Man on Earth, essentially Adam and Eve have a sitcom crossed with "the odd couple" routine during the apocalypse. A few funny things but most of it is less than stoner worthy toilet jokes.

Critics will likely read this on the level of a simile for marriage as we know it. However if you look for any substance all you'll end up with is a pool of faeces.
  • sK0pe said:

Started watching House of Cards Season 3. I'm only on episode 3 and I have no idea why I've wasted my time giving trash shows a chance.

I assume you didn't like the first two seasons?

• Cremlian said:

sK0pe said:

Started watching House of Cards Season 3. I'm only on episode 3 and I have no idea why I've wasted my time giving trash shows a chance.

I think his point was that being reminded that how good a show could be, threw into stark relief how bad the things he was watching were.
  • Cremlian said:

sK0pe said:

I think his point was that being reminded that how good a show could be, threw into stark relief how bad the things he was watching were.
    Yea I read it wrong, now reading it again I realize he's complementing it ^_^
  • Im going to throw this out. I really like Supernatural. Im season 5 and loving it, why? I'll tell you, because the first tool they use to solve a problem is to shoot it. None of this fannying about with stake-fu or throwing a book at it, no its shoot it with a shotgun, shoot it more then see what is left. Its brilliant. Also amazingly self aware of how silly it can be. Really worth watching for the FRC.