This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Just saw Monday's Daily Show, and boy was that a beautiful speech Jon Stewart gave.
  • edited January 2011
    I watched all of a TV show on Netflix entitled Slings and Arrows. I HIGHLY recommend it for any theater geeks or Shakespeare geeks.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I just finished the first series of Sherlock, the new modern Sherlock Holmes show. It's goddamn amazing. It's really not so much a TV series though, and more like 3 movies, since each episode is an hour and a half.
  • Doing an update on shows I've been watching:

-Futurama Season 6
    -Burn Notice Season 4
    -Archer (Got the DVD with Unaired Pilot)
    -Mad Men (Season 1 rocked, now onto Seasons 2/3)
    -A Bit of Fry and Laurie
    -Top Gear
    -Married with Children (Still never gets old, Thanks Netflix)
    -Mythbusters
    -The Boondocks, Season 3

Stuff I'm looking forward too or is coming back or is worth noting:

-Boardwalk Empire was incredible. If I didn't have such a love for Breaking Bad, it would be my favorite drama. Kudos to Buschemi and Terence Winter for the Golden Globes. Everyone in the cast is damn amazing, even the reoccurring actors like Jack Huston and Michael Kenneth Williams. Everyone really needs to watch this show.
    -The Cape and No Ordinary Family get worse the more I watch them. >_>
    -NBC's Thursday Line-Up comes back in full force this week, with New Community/Office/30 Rock, and the return of Parks and Recreation which really became lovable thanks to Season 2.
    -Bob's Burgers is kind of meh. Love H. Jon Benjamin and Kristen Schaal, but it's pretty humdrum.
    -Has anyone see Episodes or Shameless? I'll give just about any Showtime or HBO show a try, so I'm curious if anyone has something to say.
    -Kitchen Nightmares comes back...and as terrible as it is, I'll be watching because I'm practically gay for Ramsay.
    -The Criminal Minds Spin-Off is coming Mid-February. Really looking forward to that because Kristen Vangsness is going to be on that show as well, and the team will be led by Forest Whitaker (In Season 5 of The Shield, he was incredible.)
  • After hearing for years and years how awesome the show is and what bastards Fox are for canceling the show, I'm now watching Firefly. And yes, it's pret-ty good. Still gotta finish last two episodes of The Walking Dead some time.
  • Breaking Bad
    I just watched the pilot. It is pretty much totally awesome.
  • Oh, Community. I saw that end coming a mile away but I still love you :P
  • Oh, Community. I saw that end coming a mile away but I still love you :P
    I thought it was gonna be Chang. Obviously my clairvoyance needs work.
  • Wait, you thought Jeff went to see Chang? Or are you talking about the other "surprise"?
  • edited January 2011
    Wait, you thought Jeff went to see [spoilertext]? Or are you talking about the other "surprise"?
    No, I meant what I said. The one at the end of the episode. It was really heartfelt and I felt like a fool for assuming comedy would ensue.
    It did, of course, but not without some b'awws.
    Post edited by Admiral Hotcakes on
  • Wait, you thought Jeff went to see [spoilertext]? Or are you talking about the other "surprise"?
    No, I meant what I said. The one at the end of the episode. It was really heartfelt and I felt like a fool for assuming comedy would ensue.
    It did, of course, but not without some b'awws.
    I was really surprised by that episode, it definitely was more serious than all of the other episodes. Great one nonetheless, though.
  • What the hell Community, that last segment (Before Troy and Abed in the Morning) was entierly devoid of anything funny. DO NOT GROW A HEART! Billy Joel, play me out.
  • Just finished Cowboy Bebop.
  • Amazon has just delivered Justice League season one.
  • Amazon has just delivered Justice League season one.
    I was just thinking about rewatching that series. One of the best superhero animated series, imo. I wish they had more.
  • Rewatched Genshiken 1+2.

I love that Parks and Recreation is back. ^_^
  • edited January 2011
    Finished Firefly just now. Still got the movie to go, but the series was great and now I understand why everybody hates FOX's guts for canceling the series. True idiots running that boat.

Anyway, the series was great, but there are three things I had a problem with, though their minor.
    1) "Next time you want to stab me in the back, do it to my face." Really? Seriously?
    2) The episode "Out of Gas" has a bad title. "Shipwrecked" would have been better. And yes, I'm a nerd.
    3) How the fuck did that guy get on the ship in the last episode. I know, they lampshade it with his dialogue with Kaylee, and the hatch is later shown, but I don't believe that thing would be unlocked or even possible to open from the outside. Did like his character though, and (spoiler)he suffered a death I don't see often enough in sci-fi: getting tossed into space.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • The ship wasn't really wrecked, though. Plus, they're smugglers, not pirates.
  • The 4th season of the IT Crowd is now on Netflix streaming; hilarious as always.
  • "Next time you want to stab me in the back, do it to my face." Really? Seriously?
    I see you are not used to Joss Whedon character dialogue if that line was weird to you.
  • The 4th season of the IT Crowd is now on Netflix streaming; hilarious as always.
    Oh mans. Need to add that to my queue.
  • "Next time you want to stab me in the back, do it to my face." Really? Seriously?
    I see you are not used to Joss Whedon character dialogue if that line was weird to you.
    Is there something I don't get? To me this is just badly written dialogue, making a statement that simply doesn't make a single lick of sense. And it's not like the character who said it was stupid. In fact, there were some very witty lines the character used otherwise.
  • To me this is just badly written dialogue, making a statement that simply doesn't make a single lick of sense.
    I see you are not used to Joss Whedon character dialogue
  • Is there something I don't get? To me this is just badly written dialogue, making a statement that simply doesn't make a single lick of sense. And it's not like the character who said it was stupid. In fact, there were some very witty lines the character used otherwise.
    Joss Whedon always likes to make his characters try and talk normal like. For example Mal is trying to say "Next time you betray me, do it in front of me" Obviously from the statement you understand completely what he's saying. His character however does not always come up with the right word at the right time so he just improvises. It's funny you found that stupid, because I actually love that aspect of Joss Whedon's work. This sort of dialogue also plays heavily in his TV show Buffy/Angel, because his man character also doesn't always have the greatest vocab to use correctly. So she'll improvise by adding "age" or "y" to words to get the point across.
  • edited January 2011
    See, that would work for a different character, not for Mal. Mal's a guy who gets witty one-liners like:
    - Niska: "You had died, Mr. Reynolds."
    - Mal: "It seemed *cough* ... like the thing to do."
    which is definitely not how normal people talk. The two things simply don't work together and if he does that, at least he could do it in a much less important scene. I really liked the keelhauling scene, but the line "Next time you stab me in the back, do it to my face" almost completely took me out of it because my brain went "wait, what? That's fucking retarded!"
  • which is definitely not how normal people talk. The two things simply don't work together and if he does that, at least he could do it in a much less important scene. I really liked the keelhauling scene, but the line "Next time you stab me in the back, do it to my face" almost completely took me out of it because my brain went "wait, what? That's fucking retarded!"
    I'm still confused why you think that's retarded.
  • edited January 2011
    which is definitely not how normal people talk. The two things simply don't work together and if he does that, at least he could do it in a much less important scene. I really liked the keelhauling scene, but the line "Next time you stab me in the back, do it to my face" almost completely took me out of it because my brain went "wait, what? That's fucking retarded!"
    Well, personally, I found the "stab me in the back" line to be rather funny. I also think it fits in quite well with Mal's character.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited January 2011
    I'm still confused why you think that's retarded.
    Because you can't stab someone in the back while looking at his or her face!
  • Because you can't stab someone in the back while looking at his or her face!
    Sure you can! Go in for a hug and finish with a knife in the back.