This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Hey if you're not keeping up with the show, you're not that big of a fan in the first place.
  • I don't have cable and they don't update on Hulu often enough. I don't care enough to torrent it either.
  • Then I'm sure you care enough to mind a few spoilers
  • Netflix is the only way I watch TV now. Hulu is a crippled and useless shell.
  • I prefer to pirate all of my TV shows in a 100% illegal way just out of principle.
  • Just finished Dexter season 5. I felt S4 was a lot stronger. Perhaps my least favourite of the 5 seasons.

Time for True Blood Season 3. (yeah, I'm a bit behind, but it's good to have a backlog for quiet times).
  • South Park is on..
  • Top Chef and Kitchen Nightmares.

Oh me oh my.
    High five! And Food Network is doing their own KN-Knockoff called Dinner: Impossible with Robert Irvine. That show might be better, because Kitchen Nightmares (US) cares SOOOOOOOOO much about the drama. Dinner Impossible focuses on the food and business aspects. The original is still the best, but Dinner: Impossible is pretty enjoyable. (But, nearly everything he cooks causes flames to rise up.)
    Dinner Impossible was first. It started in 01/07. KN started in 09/07
  • Did you mean Resturant: Impossible?
  • Did you mean Resturant: Impossible?
    Yeah, I meant that. /so very dumb. Dinner: Impossible is his other show, but I think I enjoy Restaurant: Impossible much more. And technically, the original "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" started in April 2004.
    Just finished Dexter season 5. I felt S4 was a lot stronger. Perhaps my least favourite of the 5 seasons.
    Season 4 is pretty-damn hard to top. I didn't really like Season 5, but I know people are divided on it. If Rym likes Dexter, I'd want him to get into Season 4.
  • "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares"
    This is the only one worth watching. I'm done watching the Americanized "screaming British asshole" Gordon Ramsay. Bring on The F Word!
  • This is the only one worth watching. I'm done watching the Americanized "screaming British asshole" Gordon Ramsay. Bring on The F Word!
    PROTIP - if you're an American who likes watching a british guy abuse everyone he sees, move to England and get work as an apprentice chef. Because knife-monkeys are all bastards, and Gordon Ramsay wusses out of anything you can't say on TV.
  • I'm on an old school anime kick for now.
    Mahou Tsukai Tai OAV!
    I will be so excited if/when you guys do a show on that. I love the MTT OVA (and the TV series I thought was decent too, with a couple particularly standout episodes).
  • Just finished Dexter season 5. I felt S4 was a lot stronger. Perhaps my least favourite of the 5 seasons.
    Season 4 is pretty-damn hard to top. I didn't really like Season 5, but I know people are divided on it. If Rym likes Dexter, I'd want him to get into Season 4.
    Yeah, season 4 was just delicious, thanks in part to John Lithgow I suspect. Also, the ending... wow.

I guess if I *had* to rank seasons, I would say 4, then 1, then 2 then 3 and finally 5.
  • The American Pickers are going to William Shatner's house... I think I just had an orgasm. Need a cigarette, History Channel? I do.
  • edited February 2011
    It is my opinion that Parks and Recreation is a much more consistently funny than even Community is right now.
    After some thought I think I might agree. Now I'm not saying Parks and Rec is better then Community, but I think there are more laugh moments in it while Community is perhaps more enjoyable but has fewer laugh moments.
    I actually do think that Parks and Recreation is a better show simply because there isn't much of an ongoing plot in Community, whereas Parks and Recreation has quite a strong one. It sometimes seems to me that the writers of Community say "Hey, we've got these fleshed-out, likeable well deveopled characters. Let's put 'em in a situation and see how many jokes we can squeeze out of this situation." It functions more as a slightly serialized series of comedy expermiments. Parks and Recreation, to me, seems like they were planning the character and story beats out from the beginning. If I was to compare them to films, I would say that Parks and Recreation is a solid, well told if rather conventional movie like The Godfather, whereas Community is something like Breathless, still really entertaining but seems to focus more on the art of filmmaking (or, in Community's case, comedy) than on the characters or plot.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Just watched the first episode of House. It was always a series where I heard how good it was, but never got around to actually watching it. And now that I've seen the pilot, I must say that I was actually quite impressed with it. Going to keep up with it and see where it goes.
  • It's a little weak somewhere around the middle, season 4/5, but it's pretty solid overall.
  • Phil Plait's Bad universe - Pretty damn good.
  • Still really loving Community.
  • This morning on Boy Meets World, Shawn Hunter's father faked his own death, then appeared at the graveyard to reveal that he had been married 62 times and Shawn was the son of a stripper. This cleared the way for Shawn to be adopted by the Matthews family.

Amazing stuff.
  • I've been rewatching every season of Kenny vs. Spenny.
  • Question to those that have watched it: Is there some overarching plot in House, or is it save to watch episodes out of order? I've watched 3 episodes so far and it didn't really strike me as to there being any overarching plot and I'm torrenting all seasons parallel so I'm getting episodes from later seasons earlier.
  • Question to those that have watched it: Is there some overarching plot in House, or is it save to watch episodes out of order? I've watched 3 episodes so far and it didn't really strike me as to there being any overarching plot and I'm torrenting all seasons parallel so I'm getting episodes from later seasons earlier.
    I think for the first two seasons, it doesn't matter. Unless it's specifically listed as a two parter, then no. Season 3 I'm not sure of, but Seasons 4 are very heavy on character specific arcs.
  • Discovery Science has a show called Brewmasters that follows the Dogfish Head brewers. I haven't watched it much, but I thought some of the beer-lovers of the forum would be interested.
  • So, back when I was a wee lad, my dad and I sat down every week and watched Hawaii Five-O. Now, as an adult, my dad and I sit down every Monday night and watch Hawaii Five-0. Some things never change, and that is good.
  • My dad and I watch Hogan's Heroes. ^_^

Gotta say, though, that show has tossed a good amount of German into my vocabulary.
    Early on House sticks strongly to the monster-of-the-week format but over time subplots come more and more to the forefront, particularly last season where it was pretty much all about House's personal life.
  • I've been watching episodes of Seasons 1-3. Each season in order, but mixing between seasons since that's how I got the episodes. Watching the first episode of season 3 was really weird though, since a very specific feature was missing. Still, a great series.

Also, if R. Lee Ermey was your father, you'd be fucked up too. Case in point, the Janitor from Scrubs.... OMG, I think I just had a revelation.
  • Last night on The Office, Michael showed the full-length version of Threat Level Midnight. It was made of win.