This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• Supposedly they're shooting a movie that'll revisit the first cast. I want my answers, Bryan Eisley and Jamie Brittain, and I will personally come to Channel 4 to ask you. REAL TALK, BITCHES.
  • After hearing my professor and I gush about how good Top Gear is my friend is interested in watching it. Showed her the Top Garden Ground Gear Force special to wean her onto it (not a car fan) and results were favorable. Any suggestions for other exceptional episodes e.g.: the Toyota Hilux, Reliant Robin Rocket
  • Three Wise Men Christmas. Trust me.
  • While the show is grating at times, The Cape is watchable just to see Keith David play a semi-retired illusionist that runs a circus of crime.
  • While the show is grating at times, The Cape is watchable just to see Keith David play a semi-retired illusionist that runs a circus of crime.
    After that last episode...I've really given up on it. The show should of been "The Carnival of Crime" and that's it.

New shows to my queue include Harry's Law, which is another David E. Kelley lawyer drama, which is over the top but enjoyable. But the cast is really stellar, especially Kathy Bates, Christopher McDonald and Nate Corddry. Lights Out, is the new drama from FX, which is really incredible and dark. It's already getting high marks...god I love you FX. (Bonus points, as Justified comes back this week)
  • Three Wise Men Christmas. Trust me.
    Indeed. I was mildly concerned for them for about the first half of the special and then they figured out they weren't going to die and chariot races ensued.
  • edited February 2011
    I've been watching the new Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I've been watching the new Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    I've watched a few episodes while drinking with Heath and Evan, and they're pretty good. This shows competes with X-Men as of of the better superhero cartoons.
  • edited February 2011
    It is my opinion that Parks and Recreation is a much more consistently funny than even Community is right now.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • It is my opinion that Parks and Recreation is a much more consistently funny than even Community is right now.
    Blasphemy!
  • edited February 2011
    Finished watching Arrested Development. Yes, Jason/Pete/many others were right. The show is very enjoyable and hilarious. Tobias is just too much.

The third season wasn't as good as the second. The third season felt weird, but I figure it's because it was only 13 episodes and the shows reaction to Fox canceling them.

Also, I just realized that the girl who played Anne Veal was Mae Whitman. The same Mae Whitman who was an evil ex in Scott Pilgrim, the voice of Katara in A:TLA, and the president's daughter in Independence Day. I couldn't stop wondering about that face.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I couldn't stop wondering about that face.
    You know in Arrested Development they make jokes about how plain she is but I always thought she was pretty cute.
  • It is my opinion that Parks and Recreation is a much more consistently funny than even Community is right now.
    After some thought I think I might agree. Now I'm not saying Parks and Rec is better then Community, but I think there are more laugh moments in it while Community is perhaps more enjoyable but has fewer laugh moments.
  • Also, I just realized that the girl who played Anne Veal was Mae Whitman. The same Mae Whitman who was an evil ex in Scott Pilgrim,
    Now watch Scott Pilgrim again and laugh when Scott looks at the lesbian ex and says, "Her?"
  • I got around to starting Futurama Season 6 over the weekend. Watched the first two episdoes and I'm very underwhelmed. Should I continue? Does it get better?
  • An Idiot Abroad is fantastic! Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant send their "special" friend Karl Pilkington to see the greatest wonders of the world.

• Jesus fuck, Karl's head is like a fucking orange.
  • Jesus fuck, Karl's head is like a fucking orange.
    The promo I keep hearing on Howstuffworks network podcasts includes Ricky Gervais describing him as a "Round-headed, chimp-like moron." I have not been disappointed.
  • I started watching 30 Rock after my friends have been telling me to for a long time. I'm addicted.
  • I started watching 30 Rock after my friends have been telling me to for a long time. I'm addicted.
    I watched 5 seasons of that show in a weekend.
  • Since I was working on things over the weekend, I ended up finishing season 2 of Dexter. The show definitely picked up from the somewhat repetitive lull of the first season, and I will slowly watch the third.
  • Since I was working on things over the weekend, I ended up finishing season 2 of Dexter. The show definitely picked up from the somewhat repetitive lull of the first season, and I will slowly watch the third.
    I liked season 3 because of Jimmy Smits. Season 4 was most excellent. I have yet to finish season 5. I'm on episode 8 or 9. I've been very lazy on wanting to finish the season.

I'm very reluctant on starting anything new. Jeremy is urging me to watch Lost and now Parks and Recreation. I'm on an old school anime kick for now.
  • I'm on an old school anime kick for now.
    Mahou Tsukai Tai OAV!
  • I liked season 3 because of Jimmy Smits.
    Smits is always a weak point for me; he's often dry to the point of distraction. See the West Wing's final season as proof. (However, he cannot be blamed for The Phantom Menace.)
  • I liked season 3 because of Jimmy Smits.
    Smits is always a weak point for me; he's often dry to the point of distraction. See the West Wing's final season as proof. (However, he cannot be blamed for The Phantom Menace.)
    I don't think he was that dry. I mostly enjoy the relationship of his character with Dexter and how it made Dexter develop as a character.
  • Top Chef and Kitchen Nightmares.

Oh me oh my.
  • An Idiot Abroad, simply hilarious. I can't get enough of Karl.
  • edited February 2011
    Top Chef and Kitchen Nightmares.

Oh me oh my.
    High five! And Food Network is doing their own KN-Knockoff called Dinner: Impossible with Robert Irvine. That show might be better, because Kitchen Nightmares (US) cares SOOOOOOOOO much about the drama. Dinner Impossible focuses on the food and business aspects. The original is still the best, but Dinner: Impossible is pretty enjoyable. (But, nearly everything he cooks causes flames to rise up.)
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Fabio got eliminated in the last episode and I almost cried.

Fabio is my favorite :<
  • Fabio got eliminated in the last episode and I almost cried.

Fabio is my favorite :<</p>
    Nooooo! I has a sad =( Also, spoilers.