This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

DotA 2

Comments

• The problem I have with Bloodline Champions is that it's heavily trenched in Europe, but not so much in the states. Oftentimes I'll open it up, only to find no games with a ping of less than 175.
    Welcome to my world.
  • edited September 2011
    [EDIT: Apologies to Iruul, but he honestly could've made his post a bit more descriptive of what he was linking. Plus, it's 1:30 AM and I need to sleep.]

Well, since Creamsteak made one post mentioning it at the end of page one and it never got addressed again until Neito brought it up, I'm going to call Monday Night Combat back into focus.

Apparently, the game's primary multiplayer mode is basically a third person shooter's body with a MOBA's heart. I think this deserves a closer look, especially by you guys clamoring for a more skill-oriented MOBA.

And if you're willing to wait a while longer(or don't feel like shelling out the $15 for MNC sight unseen), Uber Entertainment is coming out with a new, free-to-play version that brings the MOBA elements out even further, calling it Super Monday Night Combat. Here's the PAX trailer:
    Post edited by Yuyuke on

Quintin Smith of Eurogamer goes from noob to a bit less noobish:

Part One

Part Two

Part Tree

RPS is also doing an on going series written by Mr. Smith starting here
  • It's always amusing to read the thoughts of people just starting out, feeling like they're finally starting to get a grasp on something. Boy, they have no idea how far down the rabbit hole goes.
  • edited September 2012
    image There are maybe 3 people here who MIGHT think this is funny, but I can't stop laughing at it.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • edited September 2012

Hooray for humour only DotA players can understand.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • edited September 2012

Some mad scribblings I made to help me remember some of the map gnosis to improve my warding and creep pulling / stacking based primarily on this warding guide and a couple other jungling guides.

Circles with black borders are wards, the lines are intended vision that ward is for (cyan X's are where you can stand to place wards in enemy base).

Notes with D = Dire and R = Radiance.

Squares are creep camps. Green times are when to pull for Radiance, Red are when to pull for Dire.

edit: I just noticed how hard imgur jpeg'd this pic. If you can't read it and want it a better version, I can send it too you.
  • edited September 2012
    ‎"We cannot get out. We cannot get out. They have taken the top lane and Second Mid Tower. Frár and Lóni and Náli fell there bravely whilst the enemy aced them. We still ho…g...but hope u…n…Óin’s party went five days ago but today only four recalled to spawn. Their heroes are up to the Inhibitor at Top Lane. The Watcher in the Jungle took Óin--we cannot get out. The end comes soon. We hear drums, drums in the Bottom. They are coming."
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited September 2012
  • MOAR ANTI MAGE
  • I love that "I'd like to buy everything" -comic. Almost makes me want to play carry, almost.
  • I love when 4Chan likes things

• The latest DotA 1 patch has a ton of new stuff. The new heroes won't be in Dota 2 but everything else will be soon.
  • edited October 2012
  • Actual PvP only lasts a few seconds
    Lies, slander, bullshit now with the new patch that randomly caused teamfights to last freaking forever. Still good summary. Well made.

On the topic of Dotwo, I has a key. Anyone here want to call themselves a faggot and beg for it?
  • edited October 2012
    The image is about league of legends. Unless the latest LoL patch means tons of team fights lasting forever? In which case I'm so behind on the news.
  • I want it, Nine. Give me your key. I want that key so hard.
  • The image is about league of legends. Unless the latest LoL patch means tons of team fights lasting forever? In which case I'm so behind on the news.
    To be honest, at least if my memory serves me right, team fights in both games last about as long. Few seconds or alternatively few seconds more.

• A few seconds possibly involving a couple dozen critical decisions.
  • edited October 2012
    I want it, Nine. Give me your key. I want that key so hard.
    Do you want it as hard as my dick? Contact me on Steam
    The image is about league of legends. Unless the latest LoL patch means tons of team fights lasting forever? In which case I'm so behind on the news.
    I was talking about Dotwo, because that's what Apreche tried to imply. LoL -> Dota-like, Dotwo -> Dota-like, ergo LoL = Dotwo.
    To be honest, at least if my memory serves me right, team fights in both games last about as long. Few seconds or alternatively few seconds more.
    And this boy here don't watch no awesome pro-games where low level fights last foreeeeeeeever at times. Like whole teams respawning several times long fights.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • I now have two Dotwo keys because VentureJ has yet to call himself a faggotpick his key up. So, is there another person here want to call themselves a faggot and beg for it?
  • Wat Nine! What's your Steam name thingamajigger?
  • edited October 2012
    Wat Nine! What's your Steam name thingamajigger?
    My Steamname's just the regular shebang, my Profile name isn't what you'd expect though.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • The transaction has been completed. I feel like I just had cyber intercourse.