This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Comments

• I keep getting "my game files don't match the servers" errors and such.
  • try repairing local cache.

or uninstall your trainers ;)
  • Cheating software.
  • edited August 2012
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • So repairing cache worked.
  • I hadn't played any regular CS until today. Apparently I fucking suck at normal Counterstrike but I'm pretty decent at Arms Race and Demolition. I assume regular CS is where all the hardcore kids are at. Also one negative aspect of playing on the PC is I can't find any way to turn people talking off.
  • edited August 2012
    MATATAT: Hold tab, arrow key over to the offender's name, then press DEL. This feature has saved my sanity on more than one occasion.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Oh thank god. It's possible!
  • I forgot to mention the awesomest thing that happened some days about while playing cs_italy. Some guy did the usually annoying thing of holding his microphone open and playing music. Usually you mute it if it's bad. However, he played this song that almost made me cry.

• I has a sad now!

I realized that the piano doesn't play in the doorway of that little music house on the left side of the map either.
  • If the Krew is 1337, you must retreat.
  • edited August 2012
    I got really pissed off at a guy who wouldn't try to defuse a bomb because there were many people alive on the other team and only him on ours. He had plenty of time to try. What do you guys think? Better to take the loss and keep your equipment or better to play to win the round?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • That depends on a lot of other factors. In general, though, I'd say it's worth a try if you've got a decent chance of success.
  • Say, I feel like some Counter Strike (Imagine why =P). My question is this. Is there any good reason why I might want to buy CS:GO over playing Source, or even 1.6?
  • A lot of source players abandoned source for GO. If you want an active community, you probably want to get GO.
  • edited August 2012
    A lot of source players abandoned source for GO. If you want an active community, you probably want to get GO.
    I'd also wager that go will be the focus of attention for future updates and other such things.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Going only Zeus x27 for the next few days.
  • So on the fence as to whether to get this game or not. I'm sure that it would be great in the short term but until we get a dedicate server I'd rather not have the screaming kids on the pubs.
  • I just use find a game, and I've never had any of that (yet).
  • Jugglers find this video funny.
  • Bit the bullet and bought the game. Boy do I suck ass. Its been 8 years and the skills aren't dulled they are gone, entirely. I just played a round of gun game where I killed no one. That said I have the worst luck, Im like a magnet for players and bullets.
  • I've found that downing a pot or two of coffee makes me jittery enough to almost win some gungame. If you don't mind being super twitchy for a few hours, I'd suggest it.
  • CS and L4D universe may be the same.

Hypothesis: Two years before L4D, terrorist cells spring up simultaneously across the global and detonate biological agent explosives. The secrets were stolen from an office building where several key secrets regarding a virus were kept. The resulting outfall results in massive mutations of a rare virus strain which causes people to turn into zombies.
  • edited September 2012
    I did notice that, but I just figured it was a re-purposing of an old model to save some effort when designing the map.

But, then again, we know Half-life and Portal take place in the same universe, so it's not so crazy.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Lazy asses. Fit all four into the same universe!
  • Just imagine it Combine Counter-Terrorists trying to stop the human rebels from blowing up a human recycling facility. With Gravity Guns.