This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Comments

• And, of course, Payday: The Heist, which includes the Mercy Hospital level, where you have to heist a bunch of blood samples from a patient with a mysterious illness, breaking his quarantine containment to do so, with not only a staggering amount of police, but even the bloody army getting involved.

You do see the odd familiar face around, too.

Okay, sure, not canon, but still, friggin' awesome.
  • Lazy asses. Fit all four into the same universe!
    Actually, the rumor is that all the major Valve games are in the same universe.

That screen shot above links L4D/L4D2 and CS:GO. L4D has food products based on the mercs from TF2, linking those universes together. Finally, tying this all together, at one point in L4D2, Louis says he "feels like Gordon Freeman", meaning that at the very least, either Gordon Freeman or the video game Half-Life exist in the L4D universe.
  • I'm trying to think of a game where I thought the fiction might be interesting.

Games are still having a lot of trouble getting the what-we're-doing right without the making the whys and hows matter too much.
  • edited September 2012
    Actually, the rumor is that all the major Valve games are in the same universe.

That screen shot above links L4D/L4D2 and CS:GO. L4D has food products based on the mercs from TF2, linking those universes together. Finally, tying this all together, at one point in L4D2, Louis says he "feels like Gordon Freeman", meaning that at the very least, either Gordon Freeman or the video game Half-Life exist in the L4D universe.
    I can't remember if it's used or not, but Louis also has another voice cue where he says "Man, this is just like Counterstrike!"

Post edited by Churba on
  • Gotta say that having a computer that can actually run this game makes it a lot more fun and easy to play. Just played a round of Arms Race and got all the way to the pistols. Still prefer the classic competitive though.
  • I just played a round of CS:GO and noticed that they had again changed how the matchmaking works. Now if someone leaves they are replaced by bot and the game continues without annoying, never passing, votes.

Also I was quite happy for my performance. Got more kills than deaths, proud of that, but some of the deaths were really stupid.
  • I just played a round of CS:GO and noticed that they had again changed how the matchmaking works. Now if someone leaves they are replaced by bot and the game continues without annoying, never passing, votes.

Also I was quite happy for my performance. Got more kills than deaths, proud of that, but some of the deaths were really stupid.
    I'm not sure, but perhaps the bots coming in is a server-side option.
  • I'm not sure, but perhaps the bots coming in is a server-side option.
    Doesn't the matchmaking use some kind of official servers with some standard settings. Bots on one team is kinda unbalanced, but different number of people would be even more unbalanced, I think.

• edited November 2012
    I'm not sure, but perhaps the bots coming in is a server-side option.
    Doesn't the matchmaking use some kind of official servers with some standard settings. Bots on one team is kinda unbalanced, but different number of people would be even more unbalanced, I think.

Yes, bots are better than nobody. At least the bots might do something, especially if they are on a high difficulty setting.

Consider this. If you end up playing with players missing, you WILL lose even if you are better. With bots you might win or keep it close. If you lose with bots, you can still feel ok. If you win with bots on your team, you can really let loose with post-hoc trash talk.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Agree, also there's the taking control of bots mechanism. So the best player of the team with bot(s) dies early because of lucky headshot they can take control of a bot and still do some owning.
  • So, show of hands:

How many of you will for real use an FRC dedicated CS:GO server if I set one up?

I will turn it on today if enough of you are interested.

6v6 Classic Competitive with a password.
  • If you build it I will come.
  • If there's players I'll be there too.
  • Six does not a frequently full server make.
  • If I had my PC right now, I could pretty much guarantee being on all the time, but the mouse on my laptop kinda sucks for Counter-strike so if the server is up in three weeks I'll be making a lot of use of it.
  • I'd probably check it out at some time, however, I might not be a frequent visitor
  • I would play, when I'm not traveling.
  • Better off with an NS2 server.
  • I don't think we have enough to fill up a 12 player private server on any sort of regular basis.
  • yes, I don't play it now but would if I had friends :-p
  • Hah hah!

I started the server a couple hours ago, and due to it being low ping in NYC, it's been full this whole time before I even set it up.
  • geeknights.game.nfoservers.com:27015

No password yet. I just restarted it, so it should be empty.
  • I will be on momentarily after I switch out the laundry.
  • Guess I'll have to reinstall.
  • Sorry I can't make it. I'm watching a movie with my family. I might come on around 10 or 11 PST if there's anyone still on.