This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steven Universe (and general Cartoon Network chat)

Comments

• I just posted it as a generic reaction gif people could use. Obviously that would be a major squick.
    And this one is posted for no particular reason.
  • Three episodes into We Bare Bears, and I'm really digging it! Check it out if you guys haven't yet.
  • So I guess this show is kind of a big deal. Anyone want to tell me why I should watch it?
  • Well, I've done nearly 30 10-15 minute long videos talking about how and why it's as awesome as it is so that should be at least some metric.
  • I would watch it if you want a show about a boy and his many mom-like alien stone beings hang out on the beach with lots of eating and singing and chilling and chilling with the homies including a preppy Onion child who may be, essentially, Satan. But his mom is cool. His brother just wants to be a DJ.
  • New wallpaper then
  • Awesome, I can install Windows 10 on my production machine now.
  • New episodes pushed back to September!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooetc
  • I'm fine with the break. We've just had two Steven Bombs in a row; we could use a rest so it doesn't become overkill.
  • edited August 2015
    Daikun said:

I'm fine with the break. We've just had two Steven Bombs in a row; we could use a rest so it doesn't become overkill.

Rest? Who needs rest?

Edited from this original source.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • SWATrous said:

Daikun said:

I'm fine with the break. We've just had two Steven Bombs in a row; we could use a rest so it doesn't become overkill.

Rest? Who needs rest?
    I kinda do.
  • Here's my contribution to the fandom.

My next step is to modify the subreddit style to resemble the Steven Universe one.
  • How similar is this show to Adventure Time? I'm not a fan of Adventure Time because it feels like it's trying too hard to be quirky/zany.
  • Pegu said:

How similar is this show to Adventure Time? I'm not a fan of Adventure Time because it feels like it's trying too hard to be quirky/zany.

The only things it shares with Adventure Time is Rebecca Sugar, the episode length and quality songs.
  • edited August 2015
    I would neither describe SU as quirky nor zany.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The best comparison to Adventure Time that I can give for Steven Universe is that it doesn't patronize its audience, at all.
  • I have now watched all the episodes TWICE.

Have things to say about this series. I also need to read all the posts.

Very happy I got into this series. AMAZING.
  • Now we need Scott to be caught up ;)
  • Scott will take a year before he gets to SU. Just have Ro do Bunker Talk on ATW9k and have Rym on as a guest.
  • This show is really good.
  • edited August 2015
    I am tempted to rewatch it again now: thanks a freaking lot.

Connie is the best, BTW, haters can fight Holo-Pearl
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • Now we need Scott to be caught up ;)

Scott will take a year before he gets to SU. Just have Ro do Bunker Talk on ATW9k and have Rym on as a guest.

I have the same problem with Churba. I want to do an Acceptable Vices episode about Steven U, but the brother hasn't watched it yet. What is it with podcasting Scotts and not watching Steven U?
  • Come on Chuba. I need to hear what Victor thinks about Steven Universe. There's no other place on the internet for me to find that information.
  • edited August 2015

Come on Chuba. I need to hear what Victor thinks about Steven Universe. There's no other place on the internet for me to find that information.

Ahem...
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • I've watched those Vic does a great job on them. But it really is nice hearing or watching two people express their opinion about the thing you like. So basically Vic needs a co-host.
  • edited August 2015

I have the same problem with Churba. I want to do an Acceptable Vices episode about Steven U, but the brother hasn't watched it yet. What is it with podcasting Scotts and not watching Steven U?

Dude I'm just catching up on Kill La Kill. I haven't even caught the rest of Korra, yet. I'll push SU up the list, though.
    Post edited by Churba on