This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steven Universe (and general Cartoon Network chat)

Comments

• The first three minutes was basically a Pearl medley. This is not a complaint.
  • It also kind of makes the pilot non canon.
  • edited August 2015
    The non-pilot demo episode entitled "Pilot" IS non-canon.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • That extended opening just blew my mind.
    - Is staying fused at all times not allowed/frowned upon in gem culture?
    - Holy balls, was that Yellow Diamond in the background?
  • edited August 2015

That extended opening just blew my mind.
    - Is staying fused at all times not allowed/frowned upon in gem culture?
    - Holy balls, was that Yellow Diamond in the background?

I've lost count of how many times I've watched that extended opening ;D

- There are a lot of theories floating around the internet. I think it was definitely frowned upon if not outright banned. The idea of fusion might not have been the only reason for the rebellion, but it most likely was a major factor. In an interview, Sugar stated that the way the gems live together on Earth is not the norm. For me, the main message of the show is Love. The love between friends, family, lovers...and the need to fight for love in all it's forms (it's so magical girl show lol). I'm watching the show together with my niece. I'm a single/queer/POC trying to raise my 12yr niece due to some difficult family issues. This show has been the catalyst for many much needed conversions between us.

- It really does look like Yellow Diamond! You can even see what looks to be a statue of her in the 'Sworn to the Sword' episode
    Post edited by Michipoo18 on
  • Saw that a few days ago and got all kind of giddy.

I'm calling a Steven/Connie fusion to Stevonnie will retrieve the Rose Quartz sword from Lion and use it with the shield to defeat Yellow Diamond. It will be amazing.

I've been listening to the soundtrack for the last few days. Be Wherever You Are always hit me in the feels. The song is so good.
  • Coming back on the 10th.
  • Coming back on the 10th.

• OH CMON! I just put in a video saying I'll be taking a break until it comes back. I literally say "how funny would it be if it comes back next week"?
  • OH CMON! I just put in a video saying I'll be taking a break until it comes back. I literally say "how funny would it be if it comes back next week"?

It comes back next week.
  • Daikun said:

OH CMON! I just put in a video saying I'll be taking a break until it comes back. I literally say "how funny would it be if it comes back next week"?

It comes back next week.
    YES. I KNOW. THAT WAS THE POINT OF THE COMMENT.
  • edited September 2015
    My prediction for Nightmare Hospital after watching the teasers.

Forced fusion gem clusters are 'waking up' and making their way to the surface.....maybe that's what Peridot meant about the Earth having an expiration date...

Post edited by Michipoo18 on
  • ugh when will Hulu get eps after 35!!!
  • edited September 2015

My prediction for Nightmare Hospital after watching the teasers.

Forced fusion gem clusters are 'waking up' and making their way to the surface.....maybe that's what Peridot meant about the Earth having an expiration date...

I agree. Let's see if we're right.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • My prediction for Nightmare Hospital after watching the teasers.

I agree. Let's see if we're right.
    Yep. We were right.
  • How are you watching it already when it hasn't aired on the west coast yet? I haven't found any torrents. :(
  • <3 Now I don't have to be late for ATW9K tonight.

(Don't tell Jason)
  • That new ending bit though. I want them to give us the whole song already!
  • So, this week's episode tells us that Beach City has a poorly trained medical staff.
  • Or the world is very strange
  • That new ending bit though. I want them to give us the whole song already!

This one?
  • That's not the whole thing. All the endings are different bits of the same song, and the last episode introduced a new one.
  • Connie's Mom is kind of a bitch and how do you not tell the difference between a patched up mutant gem monster and a human being?
  • edited September 2015
    She's just trying to do the right thing by her daughter. I mean, she fucks that up pretty bad, but it's not like she's evil, or even just mean.
    You don't tell the difference between a mutant gem monster and a human being because you're tired and stressed but good goddamn you're a doctor, they're a patient, and you're going to help them. Also, humans can come in some pretty fucking crazy shapes, and they probably haven't really seen a gem monster in decades.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Connie's Mom is kind of a bitch and how do you not tell the difference between a patched up mutant gem monster and a human being?

Connie's mom only sees what she wants to see.