This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Strip Search

Comments

• lolz Penny arcade is making you all watch Survivor.
  • lolz Penny arcade is making you all watch Survivor.
  • edited March 2013
    lolz Penny arcade is making you all watch Survivor.
    Except the people aren't shitty, are demonstrating actual talent, and it isn't edited to create fake drama.

1. Take formula
    2. Raise brow
    3. Profit
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Yea, I'm sure there is no script at all... Those guys just get in front of the camera with no prompting :-p
  • Yea, I'm sure there is no script at all... Those guys just get in front of the camera with no prompting :-p
    I don't think the participants are scripted. I've noticed quite a few stark differences from reality shows. Firstly -- no one particularly hates or has it out for any other contestant. Everyone has been very polite to everyone. And, many times, socialization is awkward: "Oh god, we're in front of a camera... Um... What do we even say or do?"...
  • Fan art from somebody

Elimination day is tomorrow!
  • Mac is still pretty much without personality. I'm enjoying the show, I just wish the episodes were longer and not broken up as much.
  • @rkhoo says - Tonight's #stripsearch episode is gonna freak your shit out.
  • Ho

lee

SHIT

Yeah, that episode was insane. This series just got a kick up to 11.
  • That was really good. I don't think I could have picked a loser.
  • I love seeing Mike + Jerry squirm! It can only get worse for them from here on out!
  • I love seeing Mike + Jerry squirm! It can only get worse for them from here on out!
    Eh, I think they are going to tear Abby to shreds.
    Eh, I think they are going to tear Abby to shreds.
    We'll see if she draws any tangents in her actual comic.
  • I know this show is all about eliminating people, but I actually think it would have been a bold move, and really shaken things up, if they had let both return.
  • I know this show is all about eliminating people, but I actually think it would have been a bold move, and really shaken things up, if they had let both return.
    Or redraw. We can stay here all night until one of you draws a shitty comic.
  • I agree I was not cut out for this. Up until this point I thought it would be "fun" to have a web comics reality show. I totally had a break down this night and I'm not ashamed to admit that. I think the scope of the show really hit me at this point. I'm not a reality tv judge. I'm not even a fucking actor or anything like that. I was overwhelmed and I lost my shit. The truth is they cut out probably 10 minutes of me just crying out on the street that now I realize they must have had on tape.

So yeah I look shitty and it's embarrassing but it's all true. That's me, that's how I reacted in this situation. You want "reality" tv? There ya go.
  • I do think it was a bit unprofessional of them to have them badmouth Abby on tape, she is there for a reason, as well as the rest of them at the house. But I guess it goes to show how passionate they are about the whole thing.
  • I agree I was not cut out for this. Up until this point I thought it would be "fun" to have a web comics reality show. I totally had a break down this night and I'm not ashamed to admit that. I think the scope of the show really hit me at this point. I'm not a reality tv judge. I'm not even a fucking actor or anything like that. I was overwhelmed and I lost my shit. The truth is they cut out probably 10 minutes of me just crying out on the street that now I realize they must have had on tape.

So yeah I look shitty and it's embarrassing but it's all true. That's me, that's how I reacted in this situation. You want "reality" tv? There ya go.
    I felt so sorry for Mike at this point. In all honesty, after seeing the finished product, I agreed that Lexy's told a better story -- I would buy a book of her comics in a heartbeat. Tavis' comic, however, was more finished, and I think that's why it won.
    Keep it up, Mike and Jerry. You guys are doing great.

About Abby... Wellll I can't wait to see her elimination round.
  • edited April 2013
    Honestly that round was full of bull before we even got to the elimination as it was pretty much the "Suck up to Scott Kurtz by using what HE'd use for a twitter response (and not what might work for your own situation)" round.

I'm no believer in karma or anything but what went around came around for M&J.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • I do think it was a bit unprofessional of them to have them badmouth Abby on tape
    @cwgabriel: At this point in filming I had not met @abbyhoward. Yes I was a jerk. Was it unprofessional? That implys I am professional sometimes.”
  • I will say though, Abby's comic reminds me of Kate Beaton (in terms of delivery) and I love it. Lexy's website, though, has really nothing for me to look at except a few really awesome paintings, and that makes me sad.
  • I have an anti-clown bias and am happy with their choice, but I would not have felt bad if they had chosen differently.
  • Oh, I really wanted the other person to win...Super sadface.

That episode was intense. I have so many feels.
  • Wow!
    Adjectives fail.
  • edited April 2013
    New episode. I actually thought that the best design was the one with the crows, but the pineapple would have been my second choice. Anyway, an artist's alley booth at NYCC is a great price, but it's also a ton of work as I understand it. I guess it is an opportunity though.

Also it looks like next episode is where the MTG sponsorship comes in. Looks like they'll be tasked with a small illustration of Chandra Nalaar, one of the Planeswalker characters.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Looks like next episode shit is going to get serious.
  • Did anyone else catch Graham trying to sound like Bane with the breathing mask on? Win. I'm pretty sure it was intentional.
    I really wound up liking the concept and the colors for the octopus drawing, if only they could have pulled it off appropriately.
    I suddenly have a new-found respect for the graffiti artists downtown.
  • The octopus design I think actually got a neon look after they went crazy with it. If they would have focused on the neon style from the beginning, it could have been awesome. Just paint the whole wall black, then neon it up!
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah Graham Bane was pretty awesome. Also I would DEFINITELY buy a T-shirt with Maki-Pineapple on it.

Also paint the whole wall black with spraypaint would have taken a lot of time just to set, but that would have definitely been cool.

Post edited by SWATrous on
  • Black spray paint over a white back is really hard to pull off without it looking blotchy, also, you don't understand the pain on your hands once you've gone through a couple of cans, it gets to the point where you can no longer hold anything with your index and thumb, and if you weather through it, you'll lose sensation on your index for a good part of a week.

The medium itself is pretty hard to use, and I think pineapple maki was the smartest move, and was amazed that one of the teams with the least experience with it, was the only one that used the technique to it's fullest, using the pencils to do fine lines.