This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Strip Search

1151617181921»

Comments

• I ten dollared.
  • I gave $35 because I like swag. I too was hoping for book. But I suspect she's not even thinking about book yet. Maybe she is now with almost $20,000 in such a short time.
  • I hope the comic is as funny as the reward tier explanations. ALL THE LOLS
  • I hope she takes Mike and Jerry's stuff into account, tries to look at the characters from the outside. Or maybe the story is just better when you know all the characters.
    The humor in what she presented in Strip Search was, for me, the creepy monster killing people while the old lady didn't care/notice. All the character interaction was not funny because I didn't know them. I'm hoping the beginning rectifies this.
  • I wish the comic she submitted showed the invisible guy. I bet that character is going to be the BEST.
  • In for $5. I'd rather just buy her stuff at PAX East...
  • So Camp Weedonwancha actually started being published. Took a while.
  • chaosof99 said:

So Camp Weedonwancha actually started being published. Took a while.

Is it just me or is half of the comic hidden?
  • Amp said:

chaosof99 said:

So Camp Weedonwancha actually started being published. Took a while.

Is it just me or is half of the comic hidden?
    Huh. I have the same problem.
  • I thought it was the parts that were in strip search that were skipped, but I could be wrong.
  • I think the problem is that a few of the earlier strips seem felt like set ups for two/three parter Strips - I think that might be why the most recent ones (Pooping) are better - it is a complete "joke".
  • Also, two of the Strip Search alums have now taken over The Trenches for PA. That strip sure is a hot potato. I think I'll give it another shot and see what they do with it.
  • edited January 2014

That's pretty awesome.

Edit: Took out the imgur image. Man. I really like how vanilla shows other social media posts.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I really wish they would make a season 2 already.
  • No doubt. However, I heard from a source that if they did do a second season, they don't want to use LRR.
  • Rochelle said:

No doubt. However, I heard from a source that if they did do a second season, they don't want to use LRR.

So don't use LRR. They've changed video production teams for every single new show they've done. Might as well use another new one again. How about the guys who did the Smash Bros. documentary?
  • If I gave a list of all the things that LRR did wrong or badly to the new production company, they'd laugh in my face and say "Well, d'uh, we're professionals. Who would ever do shit like that?"
  • My wife, who works in television production, had to leave the room when I watched Strip Search. The quality of the first few episodes almost made me stop watching myself, but I have too much faith in Penny Arcade.
  • In a way, they're trying to prove that "content is king."
  • They won the battle with me. I'm all for good content regardless of the medium. It takes a lot to test my limits though, and they definitely stepped into that territory when the production value actively detracted from the content, such as not being able to hear a damn word when some people weren't mic'd up properly. Or when they then attempted to fix those problems with jarring and awkward ADR that they couldn't even take the time to level out.
  • That ADR was the worst. It would have taken an HOUR to fix. AN HOUR.
  • Not focusing the camera was the worst. Especially on the "make models with clay" episode. The camera operator had ONE job. They didn't even have someone take iPhone photos of the models or anything, just to get an image in focus, so even on the website they show the out of focus still frames from the video cameras.

Plus many, many, many other issues. The content had to work REALLY hard to get through this stuff for me.