This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

SaltyBet

15678911»

Comments

• There's a new Shaker Classic format. It's ALL request matches. I'll give it a shot, but I'm just not into that. The tournament lets you judge character strengths in the early rounds so the late rounds get exciting.
  • Since they got rid of tournaments nobody cares about SaltyBet anymore. I'm still going to bet a little bit, even though it's not as fun as it used to be.
  • edited February 2014
    WHAT IT'S BACK

AND AMIBA CURRENTLY FIGHTING!
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • An actual tournament and not just exhibitions?
  • I only ended up watching for a little while. No, it was just exhibition. Got my hopes up for nothing.
  • edited July 2014
    Is it still too late for old Salty? Right now it looks like regular matches, but hard to tell if it's that or requests. Down to ~100 salty bettors. This ship has sailed, I think.

Oh. It says matchmaking mode. Means lame mode.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • edited July 2014
    If I could draw, I would make a fan art. SaltyBet, Twitch Plays Pokemon, and their future friends would all be chillin' in the retirement home talking about their good ol' days.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • In this crazy modern world, you get ONE CHANCE. They all had their flash, and then everyone got bored.

If anything, this proves why offering a demo for your game means no one will buy the game itself.
  • I just looked at it and there are about 30 people who have bet. I remember when it was in the tens of thousands. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
  • Gives me an idea for not just a show, but a whole panel.
  • But doesn't everyone already know that massively multi-participation games have a natural participation curve? We've seen it time and time again, not where a game just supports many participants, but relies on it for primary function and/or excitement.

What was the mouse platforming game? It was hilarious! One player would build things for hundreds of mice to get to a goal. Just such good fun. And you knew you had to get in on it quick, as it wouldn't work without at least dozens logging on to the server at all times.

SaltyBet was going to be the same. Twitch Plays Pokemon had a very clear shelf life. Is chat roulette still going? It's a similar kind of situation.
  • What was the mouse platforming game? It was hilarious! One player would build things for hundreds of mice to get to a goal. Just such good fun. And you knew you had to get in on it quick, as it wouldn't work without at least dozens logging on to the server at all times.

Transformice.
  • I just played it again. It's actually still really good fun. Maybe it falls below the "massively" designation so it still works without thousands but just fine with dozens.
  • edited July 2014

I just played it again. It's actually still really good fun. Maybe it falls below the "massively" designation so it still works without thousands but just fine with dozens.

"[Schwalle] dumb sham
    Cheeeeeese *-* (27.72s)
    [Schwalle] dont ever sham again
    Ralfskvec had just unlocked the «Greedy Mouse» title.
    Assadans had just unlocked the «Greedy Mouse» title.
    Thanks to *donne, we gathered 21 cheese!
    Fantossa is now your shaman, follow her!
    [Schwalle] cannon the fucking thing #!@$%"
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • Is it back? It looks like they're running tournaments again...?

I fear tiers would make a tournament more meh. The fun of the first two rounds was figuring out who is a potato.