This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

SaltyBet

Comments

• I find that, unless the first round is a landslide, the AI's seem to get smarter about defense and offence at the second round. But maybe that's just me reading too much into it.
  • edited September 2013
    Well, adapting to your opponent in later rounds would be a rather sensible strategy for designing a fighting game A.I., but it takes more effort to program something like that.

Alternatively, some A.I.s are designed like bosses, and enter a "super mode" which can sometimes even involve a transformation.

On the whole, it's pretty hard to tell what's going on without knowing what the A.I. code is like, so I would be wary of reading too much into it.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited September 2013
    Proudly all in on Barney.

Crossed the $1000 barrier.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited September 2013
    Yuyuko & Youmu vs Lilith. Same percent rating on the stats. Hmm, Yuyuko & Youmu are drawn more kawaii, but Lilith has a teddy bear. But Yuyuko (or Youmu idk) has a sword.. Ah well, time's up.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited September 2013
    Fight wasn't even close to real. Surprised me.

I feel like IRC is the ideal medium for discussing this. The sidebar chat just goes too fast.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • edited September 2013
    Apocalypse vs. Doomsday. Pretty funny.

Do you mean the geeknights irc?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Alrighty then.
  • edited September 2013
    Made $4603 on Emma Frost vs. Super Sonic. I'm so salty.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited September 2013
    I just bet $10000 on Ken against Peter. Somehow the odds ended up being 2.4:1 against Ken, so I made $24457.

I have over $60K right now.
  • What's the highest anyone has reached money-wise?
  • edited September 2013
    Anyone here on the forum, or anyone ever?
    The leaderboard is a good indicator; there's people over $100 million.
  • I think the forum award goes to LOC.
  • Wow, Sailor Moon just beat Ivy in a 42.5:1 upset; I lost $8000.
  • What's your username there, cheese?
  • It's lackofcheese.
  • edited September 2013
    Fuck. Lost everything ($8032) on Gogeta Super Saiyan vs. Pepe. Stats said he was almost twice as good. Never fucking bet DBZ.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I fucked up really badly betting on Back Beard against Edward Elrick; $10K down the drain.

I knew Edward Elrick was horrible, but I hadn't known just how bad Back Beard was.
  • Move this to IRC again?
  • edited September 2013
    Nazrin vs Insane Hiryu was pretty funny.

Insane Hiryu's ability to block is insane, but it didn't matter because all Nazrin had to do was get a hit in and then just keep using the same attack over and over (doing no damage through the block) until the timer ran out.
  • Frog vs Battousai was a true sword fight for honour.

I bet $25000 on Battousai thinking it was pretty much a sure thing, but it turned out I misjudged somewhat. Frog took a round off Battousai, and came pretty close to taking a second one twice.

However, the odds were commensurate, and I made around $15000 from that match.
  • Frog is a boss.
  • edited September 2013
    Finale what's-her-name is the craziest shit I've ever seen.

There are a lot of new characters not on the stats.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited September 2013
    Do they ever have tournaments with real players?

Holy fuck this song!
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • That Dark Donald vs. Final was like witnessing the end of the world
  • Are the seeds just made up? Unusual that out of 32, seeds 29 and 10 were the final. And 29 seed lost 1 round the whole tournament.
  • Are the seeds just made up? Unusual that out of 32, seeds 29 and 10 were the final. And 29 seed lost 1 round the whole tournament.
    I do believe that the seeds were just nonsense.
  • 145 of writing this. Not bad.