This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

When did GeekNights cut down from four weekly episodes?

Comments

• In relation to the last post, I've got over 9000.

• Animated gifs now work on my iPhone. When did that happen?
  • Jesus you guys are predictable. ANYWAY CHECK OUT HOW FAST MY INTERNET IS GUYS
  • edited January 2012
    Not this shit again. (╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • This thread reminds me that I thought I'd got into the show too late, because it had been going for a couple of weeks already.

Also, it reminds me that I stopped listening to the show a while ago. Like, two years or something. I should listen to a new episode.

Also also, #18 (that Trogdor kid beat me by a day or two), but who's counting, right?
  • And this is why we don't display post counts or anything like that.
    In relation to the last post, I've got over 9000.

AS DO I! WE MUST FIGHT TO THE DEATH!

• Iamokaywiththis.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    What the frack, Time Warner?
    My landlord pays for 100Mb down, something like 20 up. I was expecting, realistically, maybe 50 down, 10 up. This is bullshit.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I think everyone should just get Frc-forum virtual dick-size as a one simple number to see who has biggest. I could be gained by taking ones connection speed and dividing it with one's user ID. It would simplify things when this happens time after time.
  • Throw SteamCalculator.com score in there too.

This thread is ruined.
  • Oh jeez, Mike. You have 116 more games than me. Your backlog must be huge, non?
  • Oh jeez, Mike. You have 116 more games than me. Your backlog must be huge, non?
    Yep, pretty much.
  • Well over a year. I believe it was in 2008, but it was announced during an episode, which is difficult to search without transcripts.
    Source: My user ID is 17.
    Looking into it user id 4 was wasted on Kmac
    EDIT: Rym is user ID 5.
    Careful, son. That's my wife you're talking about.

• Rym is your wife?
  • Is this the inevitable resurrection of the WPTRSG thread?
    Don't look at joe boomer's. You'll cry.
  • Is this the inevitable resurrection of the WPTRSG thread?
    I still submit that Rym -- along with the rest of you who do this -- is a closeted transvestite because he wears kilts, but that's beside the point.
  • I still submit that Rym -- along with the rest of you who do this -- is a closeted transvestite because he wears kilts, but that's beside the point.
    I have some Scottish friends who would argue that point.
  • edited January 2012
    Yup, this is the thread for rehashing old arguments!
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • edited January 2012
    Is this the inevitable resurrection of the WPTRSG thread?
    I still submit that Rym -- along with the rest of you who do this -- is a closeted transvestite because he wears kilts, but that's beside the point.
    Closeted? He wears the skirts for everyone to see! Plus, kilts are fucking manly. As are yukata, certain sarongs, etc. Plus, where is the line? It's sometimes hot when guys wear eye makeup, girl jeans, etc. but I don't consider them transvestites.
    Although I will submit that Rym does wear womens' underwear, namely a pair of my boxer shorts with frogs on them.

Also, I am user 73? Still in the top 100, so my fan cred is safe.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited January 2012
    I have some Scottish friends who would argue that point.
    For genuine Scotts I will make an exception because of cultural differences. Similarly applies to a number of Polynesian cultures.
    Closeted? He wears the skirts for everyone to see! Plus, kilts are fucking manly. As are yukata, certain sarongs, etc. Plus, where is the line? It's sometimes hot when guys wear eye makeup, girl jeans, etc. but I don't consider them transvestites.
    The closet is a state of mind illustrated in words, not always actions. You can act as queer as possible but use twisted troll logic to stay in denial. It happens. The reason men who wear girls pants don't count is because they are a male garment altered to apply to women. Same applies to girls cut shirts, though if one wants wearing these to be transvestism when applying it to themselves, they may. Men wearing eye makeup varies depending on what type of makeup and what color.
    Straight:

Fabulous:
    Post edited by Greg on
  • This thread is going to a dark, dark place.
  • This thread is going to a dark, dark place.
    I do not know about that. I think any place with Eddie Izzard is pretty bright and colorful.
  • I like my coffee like I like my discussions of transvestism: in a plastic cup.
  • edited January 2012
    Is this the inevitable resurrection of the WPTRSG thread?
    Although I will submit that Rym does wear womens' underwear, namely a pair of my boxer shorts with frogs on them.

Also, I am user 73? Still in the top 100, so my fan cred is safe.
    Emily, I don't think Rym has a bigger fan than you.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited January 2012
    The reason men who wear girls pants don't count is because they are a male garment altered to apply to women.
    You could say the same about skirts. You are taking a very biased view of what a male garment is. Seriously, un-bifurcated garments have not always been the sole purview of women. Throughout history things like high heels, skirts, makeup, ruffles, fancy jewelery, and fancy patterned cloth have all made their appearances in mens' fashions. It is merely our current American society has a very narrow scope of what "Male" garment means. Eddie Izzard, as a hetrosexual man, explained part of the appeal of transvestitism in the fact "Women wear what they want and so do I." I think that Rym would not mind if he got to wear fancy shiny clothes, but I doubt he would care much for high heels and makeup. I don't think Rym has ever denied wanting to wear a piece of clothing that he actually did, and trust me, he is the type of person who if he wanted to wear something, he would not be brow beaten into not wearing it. Also, "Most transvestites fancy women," so I don't know if terms like "queer" really apply. If you are a man, who likes women and being a man, does that apply? What shape your clothes are does not determine your sexuality.
    Emily, I don't think Rym has a bigger fan than you.
    I am rather fond of the man.

Post edited by gomidog on
  • What shape your clothes are does not determine your sexuality.
  • Don't listen to mushroom fucker's opinions. He just has gender biases towards fashion. ( *`ω´)
  • The reason men who wear girls pants don't count is because they are a male garment altered to apply to women.
    You could say the same about skirts. You are taking a very biased view of what a male garment is. Seriously, un-bifurcated garments have not always been the sole purview of women. Throughout history things like high heels, skirts, makeup, ruffles, fancy jewelery, and fancy patterned cloth have all made their appearances in mens' fashions. It is merely our current American society has a very narrow scope of what "Male" garment means. Eddie Izzard, as a hetrosexual man, explained part of the appeal of transvestitism in the fact "Women wear what they want and so do I." I think that Rym would not mind if he got to wear fancy shiny clothes, but I doubt he would care much for high heels and makeup. I don't think Rym has ever denied wanting to wear a piece of clothing that he actually did, and trust me, he is the type of person who if he wanted to wear something, he would not be brow beaten into not wearing it. Also, "Most transvestites fancy women," so I don't know if terms like "queer" really apply. If you are a man, who likes women and being a man, does that apply? What shape your clothes are does not determine your sexuality.
    Queer is a difficult word. Perhaps even a queer one. I think it applies to straight non-transsexual transvestites because it is something that questions the hetero-normative view of gender. Izzard isn't actually a transvestite. It's a gimmick. He used it because without it he was just a straight white middle class man, a fairly boring appearance.

I think we need to view things like this from the current American society because otherwise they have no meaning. The most history I'm willing to apply to fashion is the last 200-300 years. If you are right, then I don't think we can say transvestism is real, and I do believe it is.
    Don't listen to mushroom fucker's opinions. He just has gender biases towards fashion. ( *`ω´)
    I cosplayed Gigi from Kiki's Delivery Service once, does that make me a furry?
  • edited January 2012
    Yes. (=^x^=) Does this kitty emoticon do anything for you?
    Post edited by Rochelle on