This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Thursday - Furniture

2»

Comments

• Rym said:

Well she wants more bright, girly colors whereas I'm used to slightly more somber colors.

I wouldn't call bright colors girly. Emily prefers somber, muted, dark colors and thin minimalistic lines.

Those were her words, not mine.
  • edited June 2015
    Rym said:

Well she wants more bright, girly colors whereas I'm used to slightly more somber colors.

I wouldn't call bright colors girly. Emily prefers somber, muted, dark colors and thin minimalistic lines.

This is how a lot of our furniture is. Works well year round.

I generally like bright colors and wear a lot of pastel colored clothing with black or dark pants/jeans. But pastels don't work super well with a lot of other things in decor design (electronics and appliances).
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • My girlfriend has come up with a compromise: if I let her furnish the bedroom in a more feminine fashion she'll let me furnish the living room in a more masculine fashion. Kind of a win-win, it'll be my bed anyway in the bedroom.

This is very wise interior decorating. If you start mixing furniture genders within the same room, you'll come home late at night and find your end table humping your desk. That is where coffee tables come from, though.

• Aww honey, he's got your legs!
  • Rym: you are saying you want this living room?

• Very modern and minimalist. Needs more bookcases.
  • Oh god I will never get "nekogender" out of my lexicon now.

• Drawers.... I'd like more drawers. For the trinkets and the like.
  • edited July 2015
    Catching up on old episodes, just got to this one.

You know, if I got the money for it, I could happily pull a Nick Offerman/do as my grandfather did, and just retire to a workshop to build furniture, toys, props, and work on cars.

Failing that:
    Post edited by Churba on
  • They made a comic about Rym and Scott.