This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wii final countdown!

edited November 2006 in Video Games
W00T!

The Wii is coming, and it's time for a countdown thread.

Six days... Gotta wait six days...

PS. OMG! I went to this countdown thread, and there was this guy, and he said WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Comments

• I wish there was a pikmin wii.
  • I wish the Gamestop I have my pre-order at.. was doing a midnight sale!
  • I have to wait until the 7th of December.
  • edited November 2006
    Oh, good. Our own countdown thread. I'm not brave enough to handle the one at the Nintendo Forums.

I wish I could say that this one will stay spam-free, but by the very definition of a countdown thread, it can not remain so.

ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111 I LEIK rLY WNT THE WWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII NNNNOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!11111 I cN"T WEIT!!?!/1! LOLZLOZLZLOLZ!!!!!1
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Europe: The Final Countdown -- Somebody call Tony Wonder!
  • edited November 2006
    I have to wait 24 days...... I hate being in Germany.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • If someone can post some sort of web-app that counts down for the Wii release in several countries, that would be GREAT!

Oh, and only 5 more days in the US!
  • Wii Seeker thought this might be helpful if you were looking for a wii nearby. Just enter in your zip code and your set to go
  • Wii Seekerthought this might be helpful if you were looking for a wii nearby. Just enter in your zip code and your set to go
    Nice!
  • edited November 2006
    3 days and counting!

What are you doing for the release?
    Post below!
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • I have a huge party that night that I am hosting! So I'll be sneaking out of it at midnight to go quickly pick up the wii (which I paided in full for already)

I already picked up a copy of Red Steel and Monkey ball.. they are sitting there mocking me.. :-(
  • I will (unfortunately) be in Boston on the MIT campus, and won't be able to buy one for a while. However, I will try to spread the release info as much as I can, and see what I can get started.
  • 1. Pick up Wii.
    2. Pick up Twilight Princess.
    3. Shut myself up in a room with Link and possibly a few other people for numerous hours, emerging only to feed and unburden certain internal organs.

Awesome.
  • I just played ExiteTruck at EB and it was on of the most enjoyable games I have played in recent memory, it was just so natural to use the Wii-mote. I then went to Best Buy and played the Playstation 3 (the first time I went past it had crashed so I couldn't play). I think I played Ridge Racer 7. The game looked beautiful, however playing the game was frustrating. Every time I crashed the car there was a nice animation of my car flipping and rolling that took almost ten seconds to get though and re-spawn. It was like a Square-Enix game.

Now I just really want a Wii more then ever.
  • edited November 2006
    "ps3 Sucks ass, Wii FTW!"

It's been said many times.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • I know it has, but I was relaying my experience on how much fun the Wii was and how frustrating the ps3 game was.
  • edited November 2006
    Reason #34 why the Wii will win. Basketbal on the Wii won't do this. (NBA'07 for PS3)
    Post edited by baltmatrix on
  • oooo...You can perform psychic surgery in NBA'07? That makes it a whole new ball game;-)
  • What....the....fuck.....

Just not right.

Just not right.
    Holy shit. I have lost my faith in humanity now.

Just not right.
    Holy shit. I have lost my faith in humanity now.
    I can't believe there are 54 bids on this sucker...
  • 1up put out a positively glowing review of Twilight Princess... here. :)
  • edited November 2006
    2 DAYS! 2 DAYS TO GO!
    What....the....fuck.....

Just not right.
    No! This is disheartening to all of mankind, and this bidder should be shunned from all of society!

PS. Somebody else take this thread over; I'm heading off to Boston soon, and won't have a good internet connection. See ya after the release!
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Did you see that article on Fark about the rapist that escaped from prison and got caught waiting in line for the PS3?
  • Woo. The Wii is out. This is a sorry countdown thread if the first mention is 13 hours late.
  • On the contrary, it is great. It means that everyone is off playing with them.
  • What price did that PS3 linked above reach? It got taken down before I could see. :(
  • I think the PS3 prices are dropping right now.

I saw one at a Best Buy on Sunday and I do have to say that the graphics are teh awesome...

Since I don't own an HDTV I can't experience the graphics at home. That adds about $1K to the price of the PS3 as you need the HDTV to enjoy the better graphics.

I'll stick with the Wii instead.
  • Sigh... I still have 18 days to wait :(. We always get crapped on in the UK :(

On a brighter note, I just got a confirmation email from gameplay.co.uk:

"Congratulations! We are delighted to be able to confirm that your pre-order for a Wii has been successful. We will be despatching this eagerly anticipated console to you for day of release.To ensure that we get your Wii to you without a hitch, please double check that your payment details are up-to-date and that sufficient funds are available in your account."

w00t!! Wii on the day of release straight to my door! :D