This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What's Your Fave Zelda Game?

Comments

• Minish Cap(which is a very underrated game)
    Minish Cap is not underrated. It is correctly rated poorly. Sure, it's got all the trappings of a Zelda game, so right away it's a lot better than many games out there. However, it's incredibly short, easy and simple compared to other games. The GBC Zelda Oracle of Ages and even Link's Awakening are deeper games than Minish Cap. Hopefully Phantom Hourglass can reinvigorate the portable Zelda franchise.
  • RymRym
    edited December 2006
    Minish Cap would have been a great game if I hadn't beaten it in one go without dying...

The puzzles were trivial. The secrets were obvious. (I had the biggest baddest sword technique almost immediately). The side quests were so simply you could almost do them by accident. The dungeons were short and terribly easy. There was no Square Boss. The game was barely a quarter the length of "Link to the Past."

About the only thing the game had going for it was the graphics.

Minish Cap is great for a little kid who's never played a Zelda game before. That's about it. I lent my copy to someone (can't remember who), and I really don't care if I ever get it back.

(To be fair, I exaggerated a little bit. I actually beat it in two goes...)
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited December 2006

Minish Cap is great for a little kid who's never played a Zelda game before. That's about it.
    I think that was its true intention. To introduce the newer generation to the Zelda series.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • I lent my copy to someone (can't remember who), and I really don't care if I ever get it back.
    That would be me. I beat it too. There are a few more secrety things I want to do, but other than that I have nothing else I can do with it. :P

• Minish Cap is great for a little kid who's never played a Zelda game before. That's about it.
    I think that was its true intention. To introduce the newer generation to the Zelda series.
    Probably so.
  • Minish Cap was cute for eye candy and an idle diversion, but I wouldn't expect much more out of it than that.
  • I'm really liking Twilight Princess thus far. I started playing Ocarina a long time ago, but I could never get into it enough to really enjoy it. For some reason, TP has grabbed me much more readily.
  • edited December 2006

Minish Cap is great for a little kid who's never played a Zelda game before. That's about it.
    Probably so.
    A bunch of my friends were obsessing over it, so I borrowed a copy. It SUCKED!!
    Post edited by Rym on
  • That lack of html formatting sucked...
  • edited December 2006
    Oh well.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Not a huge deal, just pay attention to the radio button under the text box in the future.

In the meantime I picked up a used copy of A Link to the Past for the GBA this past week. Funny how that little sprite game has held up better than Ocarina of Time has.
  • edited December 2006
    What button???
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Right underneath the text entry box it says "Format comments as" and then has three options. Your prior post had "Text" selected. Change it to "Html" to correct those formatting issues.
  • edited December 2006
    I don't see a button. What does it say on it?
    Post edited by Rym on
  • It's a radio button, which means that it is a normally empty circle usually next to a small bit of text used to describe an option. A selection of one of these options results in one of these circles becoming filled with a single color to show that it is selected.
    These options are located directly below the comment box and immediately above the "Add your comments" and "Preview Post" buttons.
    May I suggest that you make use of the "Preview Post" button the next time.
  • It's a radio button, which means that it is a normally empty circle usually next to a small bit of text used to describe an option. A selection of one of these options results in one of these circles becoming filled with a single color to show that it is selected.
    These options are located directly below the comment box and immediately above the "Add your comments" and "Preview Post" buttons.
    May I suggest that you make use of the "Preview Post" button the next time.
    O.K.
  • My first Zelda games was Link's Awakening for the GBC. I will admit this is not my favorite Zelda game. This goes to A Link to the Past for the GBA.
  • My first Zelda games was Link's Awakening for the GBC. I will admit this is not my favorite Zelda game. This goes to A Link to the Past for the GBA.
    Link to the Past is an SNES game. You realize that the GBA version is just a remake, right?
  • edited December 2006
    You realize that the GBA version is just a remake, right?
    The reason that I have chosen to specify that it was the GBA form as there are, in my opinion, certain differences between a handheld version and a console version. Also I do believe that there are some trivial differences between the GBA and the SNES version. I sadly was a "deprived" child and never had a SNES.
    Post edited by ZakoSoldier on
  • Link's Awakening. It's all a dream....
  • edited December 2006
    Scot, I own the rare DX version I got it for SIX DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by bookman2 on
  • Scot, I own the rare DX version I got it for SIX DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's not that rare.
  • Scot, I own the rare DX version I got it for SIX DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's notthatrare.
    Then why did you say it was?
  • I think he means it's not rare enough for an "ALL CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".
  • oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh
  • My favorite is OOT followed by Twlight Princess, Wind Waker, and Majora's Mask. It's probably because the only only other Zeldas I've played are Link to the Past for the GBA (which I suck horribly at), Minish Cap, and Four Swords Adventures.

I suppose OOT came out on top for me because of all the messing-around you could do. Y'know, hacking at chickens before using that blue shield-thingie and running away, using the longshot to roof-jump in the village, using the hover boots to fall into the pot in the Gerudo Fortress that burns you to death, etc. Majora, on the other hand, made that less of an option due to the time limit. WW and TP just don't have that aspect for me. It's as though everything was made so that you can't do anything the creators hadn't planned.
  • My fondness for Zelda II knows no bounds.
  • I love Link's Awakening. It was my first Zelda and will probably hold the most memories with me (I had a game boy long before any other console). However, I believe my favorite Zelda of all time has to be Ocarina of Time. A Link to the Past was definitely a classic, but if I had to play one over and over again, I think I'd choose OoT. Twilight Princess is pretty good, but for some reason, I haven't had the urge to finish it. I pick it up every once in a while and play a little bit, but I don't think I'm anywhere near beating it. When OoT came out, I played and beat it a couple days after I got it - and then I played it again.
  • It's a toss up between a Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time.
  • I don't know, probably a tie between Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time for me. I haven't played all of the older games, so I don't know about them.