This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What's Your Fave Zelda Game?

124»

Comments

• I loved the Collecter's Edition that came with the gamecube. Awesome!
  • edited August 2011
    It's all about the story and the subtext. Link washes up on a deserted island to find Princess Zelda, only she's not Princess Zelda at all but Marin, a common town girl who's the exact duplicate of Zelda. This seemed like such a great idea for me. Here was Link's best chance to actually end up with Zelda and not be shooed away in favor of some foreign prince. Combine this with the collecting of instruments, fun/complex dungeons, mini-boss and boss battles, and a fetch quest that wasn't actually boring. I loved it, ... and then it tore my heart out, ... and I loved it even more.
    Marin isn't princess Zelda. She's Malon, the girl you see living on the ranch in many other Zelda games. You know, daughter of Talon. Talon who is Mario and his evil farmhand Luigi.
    So this is taken from the wikipedia for Link's Awakening. I know that is far from the authority on the matter but it's what I've got to work with for now.
    " ... the hero Link travels abroad to train for further threats. A storm destroys his boat at sea, and he washes ashore on Koholint Island, where he is taken to the house of Tarin and his daughter Marin."

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

And as Neito said:
    He also straight-up calls her Zelda at one point.
    I don't have a screenshot of it but this youtube shows when it happens. At about 1:47-49.

I hope all these links work as my success thus far has been minimal. And with that, have at you sir.

Now, do I think that Malon is based on Marin, and that Talon is a Mario clone? Absolutely. I'm just saying, on this one tiny, insignificant thing, I knows my shit.
    Post edited by FarliamentPunkadelic on