This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Dell 3007WFP 30” LCD Monitor.

2»

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Funny this topic came up, I ordered a 24 inch Ultrasharp (2408WFP) the other day with the standard sound bar. I'm also planning on using it with my Xbox 360 and Wii, but the only thing that concerns me is the sound input. The 360 isn't a problem since it uses HDMI input and should just play sound through the sound bar; but the Wii uses composite, and there appears to be no audio input for that on the monitor itself. Is there any solution to this that does not involve me buying a relatively expensive surround sound system, because as much as I do love music and sound, I don't want to spend over $200.00 on it.
    Here's one solution:-
    RCA to 3.5mm converter + extension cable (if necessary) + connect to anything you have lying around, e.g. headphones.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I have the 24" Ultrasharp (2407WFPHC) that I got about a year ago. I absolutely love it. The 22" model was considerably less, but I needed the extra inputs for my Xbox 360 (component) and my PS2 (S-Video). Mine doesn't have DisplayPort or HDMI, though the current model does. I would definitely recommend it, although the 22" Ultrasharp might be a better buy if you don't need the other inputs.
    Funny this topic came up, I ordered a 24 inch Ultrasharp (2408WFP) the other day with the standard sound bar. I'm also planning on using it with my Xbox 360 and Wii, but the only thing that concerns me is the sound input. The 360 isn't a problem since it uses HDMI input and should just play sound through the sound bar; but the Wii uses composite, and there appears to be no audio input for that on the monitor itself. Is there any solution to this that does not involve me buying a relatively expensive surround sound system, because as much as I do love music and sound, I don't want to spend over $200.00 on it.
    If the sound bar has headphone (3.5 mm) input, I would get a female RCA to 3.5 mm cable. In addition to that, if you also got a 3.5 mm female to 3.5 mm female adapter (also called a coupler ), you could plug in your headphones. However, if you use your headphones, you'll only be able to adjust the audio level through the game, unless your headphones have a volume adjustment on them. You can find A/V cables for real cheap on eBay.
  • 30" isn't that bad but when I go for computer monitors, I am looking to get something over 40" for my PC....what?
  • 30" isn't that bad but when I go for computer monitors, I am looking to get something over 40" for my PC....what?
    Get a 1080p HDTV and hook your graphics card to it. However, the resolution will probably only be 1920x1080.
  • edited November 2008
    I have the 24" Ultrasharp (2407WFPHC) that I got about a year ago. I absolutely love it. The 22" model was considerably less, but I needed the extra inputs for my Xbox 360 (component) and my PS2 (S-Video). Mine doesn't have DisplayPort or HDMI, though the current model does. I would definitely recommend it, although the 22" Ultrasharp might be a better buy if you don't need the other inputs.
    If the sound bar has headphone (3.5 mm) input, I would get a female RCA to 3.5 mm cable. In addition to that, if you also got a 3.5 mm female to 3.5 mm female adapter (also called a coupler ), you could plug in your headphones. However, if you use your headphones, you'll only be able to adjust the audio level through the game, unless your headphones have a volume adjustment on them. You can find A/V cables for real cheap on
    eBay.
    Interesting, I'll give it a shot.

Good News: I just received my monitor via FedEx yesterday, which is much earlier than I anticipated ( I ordered it on Thursday afternoon, and just got the standard shipping.) It looks great with my laptop, very cool and convenient to use the dual-screen action. The sound bar sounds a lot better than I thought it would (I was expecting staticy hollow sound, but it sounds decent.) I'm very happy with it. I plugged in my Xbox, looks very great and sharp... at least the dashboard does...

Bad News: So I fiddle around with the settings on the Xbox to get everything looking good. Picture looks perfect. I pop in Gears of War to see how the game looks... Dashboard freezes. "It's OK" I thought, "I'll just reset and try again." Turn off the Xbox, wait a few seconds, and turn it back on... and I'm immediately greeted with the bane of all Xbox owner's existence: The Red Ring.
    "Oh NOOOOOEEEZ!!!" shouts I in defeat. There goes my high def gaming experience, for a month at least until I can get the thing replaced.

So that is my tale of tragedy and fail for this weekend. I will be on the phone with Microsoft today to sort things out.
    Post edited by ColombianShadow on
  • So that is my tale of tragedy and fail for this weekend.
    Should've been in the fail thread then eh?
  • So that is my tale of tragedy and fail for this weekend.
    Should've been in the fail thread then eh?
    But it relates to Dell Monitors ; )