This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070110 - Initial D

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Saw ten volumes of the manga at $5 each at the local used bookstore. They're in pretty good shape; I might grab them.
    What is the effect of Super Eurobeat music on automotive performance?
    I find that Shibuya Kei, Super Eurobeat, and House music all have the effect of improving my cars handling, acceleration, and drifting. I base this on personal observation taken through a haze of raw adrenaline.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Just started season 2. I don't know how I feel about this.
  • Just started season 2. I don't know how I feel about this.
    Oh, by the way, Don't bother with battle stage. It's just a recap season.
  • Gotcha. I'm getting used to the different art/focus of Stage 2, not as bad as it originally seemed.
  • Well the art only gets better, let me tell you. 4th and 5th stage look nothing like 1st stage. It's all just better.
  • End of Stage 2 made me want to cry ;_;
  • End of Stage 2 made me want to cry ;_;
    *reminisces* -_- Ah yes... a good ending it was.
  • edited July 2010
    Ah, that ending. Isn't that how every romance in Initial D ends, though?

I recently watched the anime for the First, Second, Third and Fourth Stages, and it was all good fun. I didn't bother with the "Extra" or "Battle" stages.

Also, with regards to Takumi's "Gutter Drop", I think rally drivers often use something they tend to call "ditch hooking", so I think it's probably a viable technique.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited July 2010
    "Extra" is if you want to watch the two girl drifters race more.
    Also, with regards to Takumi's "Gutter Drop", I think rally drivers often use something they tend to call "ditch hooking", so I think it's probably a viable technique.
    Actually, I saw a video of Keiichi Tsuchiya perform the gutter drop during a downhill race against an MR3.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited July 2010
    I'll consider watching "Extra", but it clearly won't be as good.

Also, Takumi's dad is so awesome.

EDIT: I listened to the podcast, and I can't for the life of me work out what the "race with the three cars going fshhh" was.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Where can I watch this in its entirety? Hulu only has some episodes, not all.
  • I've been torrenting it.
  • I've been torrenting it.
    Damn, I have to wait another month, then. I swear, one of the biggest pluses of having my own place, right under "doing whatever whenever, however I want," is probably "can torrent anime again."