This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Forum Game: Thunderdome

2»

Comments

• Ok see you said Abraham Lincoln, not Magical Abraham Lincoln. That's a big difference.

So Lee vs Moe.

Moe gets owned, Lee doesn't even have to break a sweat on that one.
  • edited January 2007
    If I was gonna make him magic, I'd say he could do something better.

Lee v. Clint Eastwood from "High Plains Drifter". Clint comes with firearms. Bullet fu trumps kung fu.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I don't think you read the rules hungryjoe.

Rule 1:
    They may not "bring" any items or weapons if they are not somehow a part of them. One character will be challenged until he loses.

Last time I checked, old Mr. Eastwood didn't have firearms surgically attached to him :P Therefore Lee would still win, since even Clint's death stare and growly voice cannot beat a good ninja-style ass kicking. Plus even if old Clinty came with firearms, Lee could easily dodge that shit. If Jet-friggin-Li in "The One" could do it, Rock Lee can definitely do it.
  • Speaking of The One, how about

Lee vs. Neo!
  • edited January 2007
    Considering the fact that the stadium is NOT in the Matrix, Neo has absolutely zero powers. Therefore Neo would receive a severe ass whooping. No competition.
    Post edited by Kidder on
  • edited January 2007
    I don't think you read the rules hungryjoe.

Rule 1:
    They may not "bring" any items or weapons if they are not somehow a part of them. One character will be challenged until he loses.
    Last time I checked, old Mr. Eastwood didn't have firearms surgically attached to him :P Therefore Lee would still win, since even Clint's death stare and growly voice cannot beat a good ninja-style ass kicking. Plus even if old Clinty came with firearms, Lee could easily dodge that shit. If Jet-friggin-Li in "The One" could do it, Rock Lee can definitely do it.
    Of course I read the rules. The pistols are an integral part of the character. The character is nothing without the pistols. Just like in the podcast, Eastwood's character should be allowed pistols just as Zorro should be allowed his whip. It's not like saying Eastwood brought in an M-60. That would obviously be disallowed. If you're gonna limit the characters to their skin, the only characters that will be any good are the martial artists, magicians, and super-heroes.

Someone has already set the precedent in this thread:
    Well, I suppose Mighty Mouse could just wait until Underdog's pill wore off then simply take the ring, After which he could beat Underdog in short order.
    Under your interpretation, Kidder, he wouldn't have been able to bring the pill. Sonic properly applies the rule because the character uses the pill frequently and is no good without it.

Alternatively, no one objected to the pill being introduced at the time. The practice of the thread has been to allow such items since the Underdog fight by waiver of the rule you cite.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Good point hungryjoe. But Lee still wins. As I said before, he clearly demonstrates the ability to dodge pretty much anything and everything. Therefore Eastwood's guns are rendered useless.
  • Eastwood can still hand-to-hand. Note "Pale Rider". But, if you insist, I'll agree he's defeated.

Next: Silas Marner. Marner weaves cloth to catch Lee like a fly caught by a spider. Then he smashes Lee's head in with his shuttlecock.
  • edited January 2007
    I think Lee would still win if he is fast enough to evade all the cloth. However, he must struck the final blow before he gets tired. I have a question "Does each character recover their health after each battle?"
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Well, sail started this, so I think he has official say, but I would suggest they have to. Otherwise, if you get one of those fight-to-a-standstill battles, the winner is broken and a toddler could come along and finish them off. I would think same goes for ammo, armor, and all such things that get used up/depleted during the course of a battle.

Of course, sail can axe all this. :)
  • It might be Sail's thread, but he didn't address the issue, so I say he's left it to us. I propose that the person naming the contenders can decide on whether the contenders are rested or healed. So I could say: Lee, without having suffiecient time to rest, is matched with Speedy the Alka-Seltzer boy. SImilarly I could say: Lee, having rested and healed, is matched with Snake-Eyes.

SO: Lee, without having sufficient time to rest or heal, is matched against that big red head guy from "American Idol" last night. Big Red sings "Bohemian Rhapsody" and Lee suffers a fatal brain aneurism.
  • edited January 2007
    I don't watch anything on TV that's not worth torrenting...So, I have no idea ^_^; Can we just skip this one and move into the super-hero underwear-pervert/mech department?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited January 2007
    O right, so lets say Lee wins.

Next: Lee vs. Dohko from Saint Seiya
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • No one had posted here in a while now. My vote goes for Dohko. Come on he fight to the speed of light and Lee is 150 years too early to fight against him. I do not think is appropriate to chose another warrior. So for the moment I will declare Dohko as the winner of this Thunderdome
    You can call me pedantic if you want :P
  • Nope, Chuck Norris is the champion. He would so totally beat Dohko. I figure it's okay to bring out Chuck Norris since this thing is pretty much dead.
  • Nope,Chuck Norrisis the champion. He would so totally beat Dohko. I figure it's okay to bring out Chuck Norris since this thing is pretty much dead.
    Just like the joke...