This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Commercials

2»

Comments

• Listen: Forty-two is like, nothing if you intend to live forever.
  • Forgive him, he's at a difficult stage.
    I'd say that he's in need of some radical discipline.
  • edited February 2007
    I'd say that he's in need of some radical discipline.
    I'd settle for something that would heal the eczema on my bum.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age.
    Life is a lemon and I want my money back.
  • I'd say that he's in need of some radical discipline.
    I'd settle for something that would heal the eczema on my bum.
    You'd have to peel the diaper off to apply it....
  • Look my grandmother is 84 and she knows what a podcast is. Don't feel too bad. Although when I told her my new computer would be about 4 times bigger than the old one she said "oh, will it fit under your desk?".
  • You'd have to peel the diaper off to apply it....
    Yeah . . . the ASTRONAUT diaper . . .
  • I always enjoyed the PlayStation "Live in your world, Play in ours" Commercials, where they tried to mix whatever game they were selling with real life in some way. (Example: The guy walking through the city and suddenly he starts seeing all these clues around him leading him to this one area where a small girl is about to be crushed by a statue falling from a skyscraper or all the ratchet videos where they are trying out the weapons in real life)

That and there was one Sprite commercial where a family is sitting down for breakfast and a little cartoon Sun appears in front of them talking about how great the Cereal they are about to eat is. But instead of listening the sun, the family panics and tries to run and save themselves. Which is exactly how people should react.
  • I'd settle for something that would heal the eczema on my bum.
    Dermaid, hopefully mild

There's a few quality advertisements out there. Not many of them come to mind immediately but I know they exist. There's that...car one. With the awesome "domino" thing going! Also! I saw an ad in the trailers before Pan's Labyrinth advertising tourism in Melbourne that I would willingly watch more that once. It was basically just some woman with a Giant Ball of Yarn going about her day in Melbourne and leaving a trail of yarn as she went when *gasp* she encounters someone else's yarn trail! Aaaw, cute. It felt more like a short silly student film than an advertisement.

I hate those commercials with all the yelling and bright colours. D: Aaaargh.
  • All of the Old Spice commercials in recent memory have been fantastic. Here's the newest one:
  • All of the Old Spice commercials in recent memory have been fantastic.
    The ones starring Terry Crews are just nuts:

Here are some other great ones:

• edited June 2010
    The ones starring Terry Crews are just nuts:
    You didn't show the best one of that set, though:

Also, "What do you do when your war buddy dies? Eat a fish building and some garlic fries" is easily the best thing I have heard all week.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on