How to identify a bad anime, just by looking at the box.
If the box includes any of the following:
- The tittle includes the name of any fruit.
- The tittle includes the name of any dairy product.
- The tittle includes the word 'melty'.
- There are tentacles anywhere on the box doing anything to anybody. The only way this could be untrue would be if there was some awesome anime in which every character and creature was a squid or octopus and they never touched eachother.
- It has maids anywhere on it with the only possible exception being "Emma".
- It says 'Tenchi' anywhere on it, even if it has nothing to do with the actual Tenchi universe. The name is tainted.
- Any female character anywhere on the box is dressed in what can amount to only goggles and an eye-patch (not on their face, stupid), or less.
- It has to do with Gundam (with few, very rare exceptions, like 'War in the Pocket')
- It has the logo of Fox4Kids, Bandai TV, or JetX.
- It has the word 'Geist' anywhere on it.
- It has more than 78 episodes. (I get this number from Slayers. Most shows jump a shark or just drag on after 3 seasons, with few exceptions.)
- One of the episodes has the word 'hot springs!' in it anywhere. (This includes, but is not limited to 'Let's go to the hot springs!', 'Hot springs panic!', or 'We couldn't think of any other way to fit fan-service into the show other than needlessly sending the characters to hot springs!'. Just go buy porn of you want to see naked anime characters that badly.)
Anyone care to add or find exception?