This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

All-American quiz.

edited July 2007 in Everything Else
I think you guys are going to get a kick out of this. I got 17 out of 20 questions right.

All-American quiz

Comments

• Lol, 5 out of 20
  • 16, so close.
  • edited July 2007
    What's with all of your null links?

19/20
    Post edited by Jason on
  • What's with all of your null links?
    He doesn't know how to use the link button properly.
  • 18 out of 20
  • 13 out of 20. Damn that last question. I'm happy I got over half of them right, at least. ^_^
  • edited July 2007
    How do you use the link button properly?
    Post edited by Rym on
  • How do you use the link button properly.
    First you put the URL, then you put the words you want it to say in your post. If you leave it blank, it will put the word null.
  • Thanks Apreche.
  • 16 out of 20.
    Not bad, but I could've done better.
  • edited July 2007
    7 out of 20.
    It's pretty bad but then again, I'm not American.
    Post edited by Gendy on
  • 15/20
    But I debate that question 16 is just random trivia, and 20 that the US is a representative democracy
  • edited July 2007
    Ha! 20/20. No lie. Law School turns out to be useful for many things . . .
    15/20
    But I debate that question 16 is just random trivia, and 20 that the US is a representative democracy
    Yeah, 16 might be random trivia - IF YOU HATE AMERICA!

Look for the answer to question 20 to magically change to "A" in the near future . . .
    How do you use the link button properly.
    First you put the URL, then you put the words you want it to say in your post. If you leave it blank, it will put the word null.
    Gasp! Scott actually explained something to someone?!!
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • 19/20

Is it all the old guys who are going well?
  • 14/20

That's not too shabby for a clueless Aussie.
  • 19/20

Is it all the old guys who are going well?
    Maybe because we had to take civics in high school. You know, that class that told us that the Vice President was part of the executive branch of the government and that this was a nation of law, not men?

• Gasp! Scott actually explained something to someone?!!
    It's not something that can be looked up on Google.
  • I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Scott got all the ones with dates on them wrong.

I got one wrong, #4. Because I read it too fast. For some reason I put down the wrong answer and when I was checking it I was saying to myself, "How did I get that one wrong???" then I realized I just rushed through it and screwed up.

I think the naswer to #10 is wrong, 'least that's what the leader of the fourth branch (Cheney) tells me...
  • 16/20

Not as good as I had hoped, but at least I got all the basic civics stuff right.
  • edited July 2007
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Scott got all the ones with dates on them wrong.
    No, I actually know 1776. I still have my answers on a piece of paper. I'll tell you what I got wrong when I get home.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Scott got all the ones with dates on them wrong.
    No, I actually know 1976. I still have my answers on a piece of paper. I'll tell you what I got wrong when I get home.
    I rest my case!
  • Yes, it's the old guys who are doing well. You youngin's need to get off your Intrawebs and crack a book. Those are like web pages made of paper. They can be found at a library, which is like Google... but in a building... in your town...
    No, I actually know1976. I still have my answers on a piece of paper. I'll tell you what I got wrong when I get home.
    I rest my case!
    A typo at the most humorous possible moment! Accident or on purpose? You decide.
  • 'least that's what the leader of the fourth branch (Cheney) tells me...
    I thought that was the fifth colum. ^_~
  • 18/20. I got it right, but 19 was bogus. The Prez can declare war in an emergency, or if he feels like it, apparently.

Gasp! Scott actually explained something to someone?!!
    It's not something that can be looked up on Google.
    No, but it can be looked up on the box that comes up when you push the button.
  • 11/20, but I'm not American.
  • edited July 2007
    I think the president can declare war in an emergency for up to 30 days. Then he or she needs to get approval from congress after those 30 days are up.
    Post edited by N15PCA on
  • edited July 2007
    Like I said thats what I think is true. Isn't that what happen in the Vietnam War? For the US anyway, not the French.
    Post edited by N15PCA on
  • Nope, he can't declare war at all. He does have some power to send in troops for quick things though (Reagan and the bombing of Libya).