This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Noise Canceling Earbuds.

2»

Comments

• Wow, maybe they fired the person who helped me or something? Try calling on the telephone?
  • I tried. No answer. I just get that fax machine "KRRRSSSSHWAAAAAAWWZZAAAAWKKKKKKKKK!" sound after a few rings. Not even a compu-voice.
  • edited October 2007
    Did they suddenly go out of business or something? Try to call the phone number for sales, then you'll really know the score.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Will do. Thanks dude.
  • One problem with the etymotics is that once you get earwax on them they get dirty very fast. I recommend cleaning them at least once every two days.
  • One problem with the etymotics is that once you get earwax on them they get dirty very fast. I recommend cleaning them at least once every two days.
    They sell replacements for the rubber tips. You can get different kinds if they are better for your ear. You can also get the same kind for when yours wear out. http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i-acc.aspx
  • Bump'd!

Am I right in assuming that anything made by Etymotic is very high quality, even the cheapest model? My Sony $30-$40 earbuds just crapped out on me, and I've determined that I'll probably save money by sticking with one high-quality pair rather than several low-quality pairs. However, $160 is a bit steep for me, and I can find a pair of ER-6 for ~$70.

Recommendations? I really need to get me a pair of some serious ear-rapers.
  • I've heard of people finding the er6i for about $75. That's definitely a great way to go if you are using it with your portable media playing device.
  • I snagged mine back in May for $79.48
  • Quick search on ER-6i on Amazon is $75-$80. Just from personal experience, I got the Shure e2's about a year ago, and they cost me only $50, which is about half retail price. If you're an audiophile, they will not impress you, but I just wanted something to block out external noise and play podcasts during classes and labs at school. They did very well, and I still like them a lot. The only problem with these kinds of earphones are that your ears need time to get used to having something shoved in them for long periods of time. That will take a few weeks of constant use.
  • I have a pair of Shure SE210's and they are awesome.

I had one minor problem though, the wire split where it was meant to loop over my ear, so I contacted the retailer and got it replaced, I should be getting it back tomorrow. ^_^

Googling the problem, I think it was my fault to begin with, as they need a lot of care. I'll have to wipe down the cord with a damp cloth from now on, to keep the plastic supple I suppose.
  • Do Etymotics have the extra-long right earbud cord so you can put it around the back of your neck so it doesn't get in your way? My Sony piece-of-shits have that, and it's one of the few features I actually like about it.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, from where the cord splits into a left and right ear to the right earbud is longer than the bit of cord for the left earbud. You can put the right cord behind your neck so you don't have dangly cords getting in your way.
  • edited September 2008
    Do Etymotics have the extra-long right earbud cord so you can put it around the back of your neck so it doesn't get in your way? My Sony piece-of-shits have that, and it's one of the few features I actually like about it.
    Not sure about all models, but my ER 6i earbuds do not.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • But I assume there's little danger of the cord getting caught and the slightest force pulling the earbuds out, yes? From what I understand it goes in pretty deep.

I'm declaring blue the official "intentional innuendo" (in YOUR endo!) font color.
  • My question: 6 or 6i? I'm heavily leaning towards the 6i, but I'm not seeing too much of a difference aside from the marketing towards the use for Ipods.
  • My question: 6 or 6i? I'm heavily leaning towards the 6i, but I'm not seeing too much of a difference aside from the marketing towards the use for Ipods.
    It's really just a difference in how it sounds, the 6i has parts designed to make up for the low power some portable players put out.
  • While I am on the topic of buying products, does anyone know any good geeky watches? Preferably one with a built in usb drive.
    Try looking here. All the geeky watch goodness you'll ever need. I bought my dad the one with the USB drive for Christmas last year, and he loves it.
    It's really just a difference in how it sounds, the 6i has parts designed to make up for the low power some portable players put out.
    Thanks!
  • I need some. Rym mentioned the "more durable" ones. Are these them?
  • I have the HF3's and looove them. One of the best purchases I ever made.