This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What music do you like?

edited July 2007 in Everything Else
What genres and bands do you like? I personally like metal and rock and enjoy songs by In Flames, Tool and Dream Theater.

Comments

• Here's a few of my favorites: Soilwork, In Flames, Alice In Chains, Candlebox, Blind Melon, Tool, Pearl Jam, Ill Nino, Ra, Killswitch Engage.
  • I enjoy anime music, classic old and contemporary music, old 80's south american pop and rock music and some very little of contemporary indie music.
  • edited July 2007
    Well my favourites would have to be Faith No More, Flaming Lips, Gomez, and the Dresden Dolls

But my music tastes are all over the shop. To give you an idea, the last few albums I bought are: Chemical Brothers, Gomez, White Stripes, a cast recording of Les Miserables and !!!.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Myself, I like an awful lot of different types. Mainly indie, britpop, electronica, drum and bass, two step, gabba, ska, punk, rock, metal, blues, jazz. Lots! The more the better in my opinion.
  • I'm all over the place myself. I tend towards more complex and interesting music. However, the largest percentage of my music is some sort of extreme metal. Here are some favorites:

Gojira, Lamb of God, Slayer, Mastodon, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Nile, Decapitated, Cattle Decapitation, Strapping Young Lad (and other Devin Townsend projects), Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir

I've also recently gotten into folk metal, in the vein of Finntroll and Korpiklaani.

My all-time favorite musical artist is Nick Cave.
  • Faith No More rules, I can't believe I forgot to add them to my list.
  • edited July 2007
    We already have this thread. That's why I think we should have a sticky suggestion thread.

That being said, here's Jimmy Bowskill, a 14 year old punk kid singinf my favorite B.B. King song:

He's on his way to being really good, if he'd only stop with the guitar face.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I'm very bizarre when it comes to music. For example:

I love playing the following piece mostly because I love playing the horn part. ^_^
  • Classical/orchestra music FTW!

I love many kinds of music. Pop, R&B, Hip Hop, Rap, Dance, Electronica, Dance, Trance, Classical, Anime OSTs, J-Pop, Alternative, Rock, Punk, Indie, Movie Score OSTs, 8 Bit Rock, Nerd Core Rap, etc...
  • I enjoy: progressive metal,symphonic metal,classical,visual key,Gothic music,baroque music,industrial music, electronica music and the good ol' soviet choruses.
  • I love Rock, Indie Rock, Dance, Electronica, Alternative, lot's of OSTs, and the occasional Gothic rock.

The Academy Is... ftw.
  • edited July 2007
    I like some indie too.

But not that much.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Metal, Emocore, 80's Rock, Classic Rock, Alternative Rock.
    I'll list a grip of bands: DragonForce, KillSwitch Engaged, Away From Here, Iron Maiden, All That Remains, Anthrax, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Foo Fighters, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Gun's n' Roses, Linkin Park, Megadeth, Metallica, Motley Crue, and much, much more.

I'll list a grip of bands: DragonForce, KillSwitch Engaged, Away From Here, Iron Maiden, All That Remains, Anthrax, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Foo Fighters, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Gun's n' Roses, Linkin Park, Megadeth, Metallica, Motley Crue, and much, much more.
    Yay! Music buddy.
  • edited July 2007
    I like a lot of different music. Here are all the artists that I really like right now:

Death From Above 1979, The Arcade Fire, Phish, Bauhaus, The Beatles, Beck, Boston, Buckethead, Buffalo Springfield, Cake, Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, Les Claypool, Oyster Head, Cream, Daft Punk, Death Cab For Cutie, The Decemberists, The Doors, The Animals, Fall Of Troy, Leslie Feist, The Flaming Lips, Franz Ferdinand, Emily Haines, Islands, Jefferson airplane, L'arc~en~Ciel, Led Zeppelin, Queen, mc chris, MC Frontalot, The Magnetic Fields, Metallica, Metric, Miles Davis, Muse, Neutral Milk Hotel (currently my favorite band), Of Montreal, Parliament, Pink Floyd (I like their stuff with Syd a lot more than their stuff after he left, but it's all great, anyway), The Polyphonic Spree, Primus, Sonic Youth, System of a Down, Broken Social Scene, They Might Be Giants, Tokyo Police Club, The Unicorns, Voltaire, The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, The Who, Slayer, Rush, Beastie Boys, The Advantage, Art Brut, Belle & Sebastien, Deaf Pedestrians, The Essex Green, Falco, The Hold Steady, Interpol, Keane, Lemon Demon, Logan Whitehurst, Mew, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, New Order, the pillows, Pixies, The Seatbelts, The Shins, Ted Leo + Pharmacists, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, We Are Scientists, and Wolf Parade.

I know everyone's going to jump on me about liking Beck, seeing as he's a Scientologist. I'm sorry, but I just cannot resist the awesomeness of songs like Nausea, Paper Tiger, and Hell Yes.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • I will listen to most anything that isn't country or gangsta rap, but my main favorites are classic rock and anime music. I'd say my favorite bands and artists are:
    The Beach Boys(my favorite band of all time bar none), the Grateful Dead, Phil Lesh and Friends(a natural follow up to my Dead love...and no, I've never done a single drug in my life that wasn't prescribed by a doctor), Puffy AmiYumi, Van Halen, O.A.R.(Of A Revolution), G. Love and Special Sauce, Rod Stewart(before he started this lounge singing thing), Eric Clapton, Alter Bridge, and Jimmy Buffet.
    The links for some of the bands go to their archive.org site where you can stream or download live concert recordings. I believe all of them allow soundboard recording(Phil Lesh releases for free some of his shows as official digital soundboard recordings for free) so if you want to hear what a band really sounds like check those out, or perhaps a matrix of an audience recording and the soundboard
  • I love Van Halen and Eric Clapton. =)
  • edited July 2007
    I didn't realise there was another music thread.
    Post edited by m16 elitest on
  • like a lot of different music. Here are all the artists that I really like right now:

Death From Above 1979, The Arcade Fire, Phish, Bauhaus, The Beatles, Beck, Boston, Buckethead, Buffalo Springfield, Cake, Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, Les Claypool, Oyster Head, Cream, Daft Punk, Death Cab For Cutie, The Decemberists, The Doors, The Animals, Fall Of Troy, Leslie Feist, The Flaming Lips, Franz FIerdinand, Emily Haines, Islands, Jefferson airplane, L'arc~en~Ciel, Led Zeppelin, Queen, mc chris, MC Frontalot, The Magnetic Fields, Metallica, Metric, Miles Davis, Muse, Neutral Milk Hotel (currently my favorite band), Of Montreal, Parliament, Pink Floyd (I like their stuff with Syd a lot more than their stuff after he left, but it's all great, anyway), The Polyphonic Spree, Primus, Sonic Youth, System of a Down, Broken Social Scene, They Might Be Giants, Tokyo Police Club, The Unicorns, Voltaire, The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, The Who, Slayer, Rush, Beastie Boys, The Advantage, Art Brut, Belle & Sebastien, Deaf Pedestrians, The Essex Green, Falco, The Hold Steady, Interpol, Keane, Lemon Demon, Logan Whitehurst, Mew, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, New Order, the pillows, Pixies, The Seatbelts, The Shins, Ted Leo + Pharmacists, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, We Are Scientists, and Wolf Parade.

I know everyone's going to jump on me about liking Beck, seeing as he's a Scientologist. I'm sorry, but I just cannot resist the awesomeness of songs like Nausea, Paper Tiger, and Hell Yes.

I think we have a similar taste.

I'll list a grip of bands: DragonForce, KillSwitch Engaged, Away From Here, Iron Maiden, All That Remains, Anthrax, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Foo Fighters, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Gun's n' Roses, Linkin Park, Megadeth, Metallica, Motley Crue, and much, much more.
    Pretty good selection.
  • I didn't realise there was another music thread.
    Lately, there has been many threads concerning a single topic.
  • I think I posted in the other one, but what the hell.

Right now dominating my playlist: All that Remains, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Chimaira, Chevelle, 36 Crazy Fists, some Mudvayne, Hellyeah, BlessTheFall, The Distillers, Transplants, Pennywise, A Perfect Circle, Tool, The mars Volta and At the Drive-in.

Other stuff:

Bjork (volta is really good), Dredg, Radiohead, LTJ Bukem, moloko, massive attack, portishead, garbage, Sigur Ros, Sneaker Pimps, Tricky, Kashmir and much more I guess.
  • Aerosmith, Alice in Chains, Alkaline Trio, Arcade Fire, Avenged Sevenfold, Bare Naked Ladies, Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Billy Idol, Billy Joel, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Blue Oyster Cult, Blur, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Boston, Breaking Benjamin, Bright Eyes, Cake, Cars, Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR), Chevelle, Chuck Prophet, Coheed and Cambria, Coldplay, Collective Soul, Cream, Daft Punk, Danny Elfman, Dick Dale, Don McLean, Doobie Brothers, Dragon Force, The Eagles, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Floggin Molly, Foo Fighters, Echo & the Bunnymen, Eddie from Ohio, Frank Sinatra, Goldfinger, Gorillaz, Grand Funk Railroad, Guns 'n' Roses, Hot Hot Heat, Incubus, Interpol, Janes Addiction, Jim Croce, Jimi Hendrix, John Mellancamp, John Williams, Kansas, The Killers, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Mars Volta, Matisyahu, Metallica, Modest Mouse, Morningwood, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Oasis, The Offspring, OK Go, Pearl Jam, A Perfect Circle, Pink Floyd, Queen, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Richard Cheese, The Rolling Stones, Sam Bush, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Steppenwolf, Steve Miller Band, Stevie Wonder, Stone Temple Pilots, The Strokes, Styx, Sum 41, Super Furry Animals, System of a Down, Three Dog Night, Tom Petty, Tool, The Traveling Wilburys, Travis, Van Halen, The Verve, Weezer, The White Stripes, The Who, Zero 7, ZZ Top, and 311

*Phew*... The best from my itunes library.
  • Metal, Emocore, 80's Rock, Classic Rock, Alternative Rock.I'll list a grip of bands: DragonForce, KillSwitch Engaged, Away From Here, Iron Maiden, All That Remains, Anthrax, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Foo Fighters, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Gun's n' Roses, Linkin Park, Megadeth, Metallica, Motley Crue, and much, much more.

Pretty good selection.
    Like I said, I only wanted to list some.
  • edited July 2007
    Here's the list I have on my Facebook.

Aquabats, Audioslave, The Beatles, BEAT CRUSADERS, Beck, Blue Man Group, Bottom of the Hudson, Cake, Coheed and Cambria, Cold War Kids, David Bowie, Daft Punk, Deaf Pedestrians, The Doors, Gnarls Barkley, Gorillaz, Green Day, Hellogoobye, Jethro Tull, Jimi Hendrix, Kid Galahad, The Killers, Led Zeppelin, Machinae Supremacy, Matchbox Twenty, MC Lars, Modest Mouse, Muse, My Chemical Romance, Nate Sullivan, OK Go, The Pillows, Pink Floyd, Pixies, The Postal Service, The Protomen, Jun Senoue, Smash Mouth, Sonic Youth, Steely Dan, Super Eurobeat, System of a Down, Talking Heads, Tapes n' Tapes, Tenacious D, They Might Be Giants, Tokyo Police Club, Urban Achievers, Weezer, Wierd Al Yankovic, The White Stripes, The Who, Wolfmother.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • It's nice to see this didn't turn into a flame war of "OMG YOU LIKE X BAND LOL FAG NUB."
  • I recently heard some music from "Quantic Soul Orchestra" and liked the sound of it. They describe themselves as Jazz/Funk. It seems they aren't all that well known though as I'm having trouble finding their music in Australian music stores...? I'll default to ol' American Amazon if I can't find any locally.
  • Look, I'm sorry, but X Band is just derivative.  They're just not good.
  • I see an acute problem with this thread, that is, listing the bands you love only works out for those who recognize the band names as something amazing. This makes it tough to guess which bands out of an entire play list are awesome if they are not arranged by genre or some sort of relation.

But for MrRoboto, in the line of Bjork, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, etc.
    You will want to check out:
    Mum
    the Album Leafs
    Ratatat (entirely instrumental, and further down the road, a bit more techno)
    As mentioned before, Broken Social Scene. This is not punk rock, its a mix of Radiohead, and the synthesized sounds of Ratatat roughly speaking.
    I'm giving a try to some of the others you had in that sentence.

In line with techno stuff, anyone know anything as good or related to these random bits?

Underworld (later nineties albums)
    John Digweed
    J. Ralph

As for most of the playlists, mostly great stuff. Not a huge fan of the eighties so I can't say much for or against those bands.
  • Tool, Pantera, Incubus, Smashing Pumpkins, Sabbath, Rise Against, Pearl Jam, Audioslave, Nirvana, Avenged Sevenfold, Three Inches of blood, and much much more....