This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Best/Favorite (Non Anime) Animated Movie(s)

2»

Comments

• Anybody have an inexplicable feeling of warmth for The Brave Little Toaster?
    YES! It was a very enjoyable animated movie. That movie made me feel bad everytime I cleaned and got rid of old stuff. I would think to myself that my stuff had feelings, and I would break their hearts if I threw them away. That made me keep them and ended up being a pack rat. That lasted a few years then I realized that I really don't need a lot of stuff, and they got sent to Goodwill.
  • Brilliant, Scott, just brilliant.
  • Just wasn't my favorite Pixar and I feel it was baisically made for the NASCAR peoples. I'm personally not a fan of NASCAR or really anything to do with it. Plus even though Larry the Cable Guy can be funny at times, his part was "meh". Just my feelings on it.
    I hate NASCAR and the society that surrounds it, and I loved Cars. I would agree that it is not the best of the Pixar movies, but I found that it had a heartwarming, but not forced or cheesy, story and great characters. I personally don't think Larry the Cable Guy is funny, though.
  • lol@Scott Yeah, I still feel bad for that red lamp.
  • lol@Scott Yeah, I still feel bad for that red lamp.
    Well, you heard what the man said.
  • That lamp was my least favorite character in Brave Little Toaster, by far.
  • The Secret of Nimh is by far my personal favorite.
    I forgot that one too! I loved it so much. In fact really all of Don Bluths studios animated films I loved the most growing up. They did An American Tail, A Troll in Central Park, Thumbelina, Land Before Time, Rock a Doodle. All of which I would still watch today and share with the smaller gen of my family.

On their website I just found out they worked on Titan A.E and Anastasia. I didn't know that!
    I really enjoyed Titan A.E.
    I remember going to the theater on my birthday with my best friend and laughing all through the film.
    I just wish that western animation was taken as seriously as eastern animated features.
    I would love to see an Issac Asimov or a Phillip K Dick story turned into an animated feature by Blue Sky or Disney.
  • Iron Giant FTW If you didn't see it (which most of you have not) your a horrible horrible person.
  • I have seen Iron Giant, but I have seen it way too much, and I found that I didn't like it after repeated viewings.
  • I have seen Iron Giant, but I have seen it way too much, and I found that I didn't like it after repeated viewings.
    Exactly.
  • edited August 2007
    Iron Giant FTW If you didn't see it (which most of you have not) your a horrible horrible person.
    Seen it and it was great but it didn't leave an impact on me like other animated films did.
    That lamp was my least favorite character in Brave Little Toaster, by far.
    My least favorite was the vaccum. He had the grumpy old guy image.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • My least favorite was the vaccum.
    Yeah, he sucked.
  • The blanket was the best.
  • The blanket was the best.
    I vote the radio! That's my favorite. Also the TV even though he didn't get much screentime.
  • No, the blanket was the best. The radio was just the funniest.
  • The junkyard magnet always used to creep me out for some reason.
  • I loved any of the Rankin Bass productions. They're the ones who did The Last Unicorn, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (claymation) and the other holiday ones with Santa and Frosty and stuff, The Hobbit (which was amazing and actually true to the story, Jason I think you are thinking about "Lord of the Rings" which was a terrible adaptation and not as well done in my opinion).

I remember quite clearly that the Secret of Nimh scared the ever living shit out of me at like 6 or 7 when I watched it the first time. I also really like that Disney Robin Hood movie with the fox as Robin Hood. I also remember from the rose colored lens of youth that I liked Fern Gully, but I also liked the old Looney Tunes movies (Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner Movie, The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie, Bugs Bunny's 3rd Movie: 1001 Rabbit Tales).
  • edited August 2007
    I just remember an old film Once Upon a Forest where these three animal kids try to find the cure for their friends poisoning from chemical.

That's it I need to buy this stuff. Just for nostaglia sake.
    No, the blanket was the best. The radio was just the funniest.
    Funny earns a lot of points with me. The blanket is cute but kinda meh to me.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I don't know if A Scanner Darkly really counts as animated, but was is a very faithful adaptation of a Philip K. Dick Novel. THe whole movie was rotoscoped. This gave it a very different feel than almost any other movie I can think of, and it really fit the disconnected nature of the plot.
  • edited August 2007
    It's not a movie but still an amazing animation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5XVeENmLMk

and the Wallace and Gromit short movies, I still love the oven which is skiing on the moon

edit: >
    Post edited by Jain7th on