This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What games would you like to see Geeknights review?

Comments

• I thought the Game of Life episode was pretty entertaining. If you're really out of ideas, do another "tear a crappy classic board game apart" episode (I'm still a little curious about the Monopoly hate).

Also, Geeknights Experimental= Video recording of the crew playing Candyland.
  • Company of Heroes as Starcraft is too easily pushed aside in that it always ends in a rush of one kind or another.
  • Also, Geeknights Experimental= Video recording of the crew playing Candyland.
    That would mean we have to buy Candyland.
  • Also, Geeknights Experimental= Video recording of the crew playing Candyland.
    That would mean we have to buy Candyland.
    Burning Wheel then? Though torrents or a rapidshare like service would be needed to distribute the vids, no?

Awesome idea, fill out the experimental feed. *makes slogan*
  • I'd be interested in an mp3 file of a Burning Wheel session. I don't play RPGs, but for some reason I'd be interested in this.
  • I'd be interested in an mp3 file of a Burning Wheel session. I don't play RPGs, but for some reason I'd be interested in this.
    We've recorded some, I don't know what Rym did with them. The thing is, they are many hours long, as is any tabletop RPG session. Editing and more space on libsyn would be needed to put one up.
  • edited December 2007
    We've recorded some, I don't know what Rym did with them. The thing is, they are many hours long, as is any tabletop RPG session. Editing and more space on libsyn would be needed to put one up.
    Not to mention the last one we actually recorded was the first time we converted from D&D.; That would be damn painful to listen to. We didn't record the last two games which would have been far better to listen to (after much editing to get rid of the "hey where are the chips" and people talking about their out of game sex life.)
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • You guys could take one of those multi-hour sessions, or record a new one the next time a session is held, and split them up into a multi-part friday night experimental feed RPG lessons? With some comments from Scott and Rym after the 45 minutes of RPG'ing or something.
  • If you do a multi-hour RPG, even if everything is recorded perfectly, you have a catch-22 situation:
    1. You have a 3-hour long recording where only 45 minutes or so of it will actually be worth listening to
    2. You edit it and there is no actual storyline, just the players in some interesting situations

The best way around it is either to do a very casual, 30-45 minute, beer and pretzels RPG; or to purposely do a bad board game where the players are arguing about rules more than actually playing (and maybe some cheating going on).

Although, Scott does make a good point about actually buying the board game, unless you get some industry insider to send you crap à la Dave and Joel...
  • I find I quite enjoy listening to gaming season audio, uncut and unedited. It's all part of the experience and a great time sink for some long travel. You could always jig up a seperate (free) feed, megaupload, or a torrent to distribute it.
  • I'd be interested in a review of Fluxx, the Looney Labs card game.
  • You guys should do either The Great Museum Caper or Careers.
  • I've also been pretty curious about the Cheapass Games collection.

http://www.cheapass.com/
  • Military Madness for the TG16 (it's on the virtual console). Candyland is pretty cheap. We have this version. Have you guys ever heard of Hand and Foot? Something to try if nothing else. I'm sure you will get to it, I'd like to hear your thoughts on Super Mario Galaxy.
  • The Oddworld series might bee fun to hear about. Also, Psychonauts (though I strongly suspect someone else has already asked).
  • I'm sure you will get to it, I'd like to hear your thoughts on Super Mario Galaxy.
    Scott said they will be doing it. I'm also excited for this review. I'm around 40 stars in the game and so far, this game has exceeded my expectations and gives me nothing but pure joy.

I'll just leave a lil' spoiler for something I lol'd at and thought "Hells yes!" (Mario figure skating :))
  • edited December 2007
    I challenge them to play through Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3 and give a review.
    Post edited by LiquidTim on
  • I challenge them to play through Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3 and give a review.
    How about just Metal Gear 1 after it one day comes out on VC?
  • Shadow of the Colossus. You know, when you guys eventually get a PS2.
  • Shadow of the Colossus. You know, when you guys eventually get a PS2.
    GeekNights, the retired years.
  • Is there a thread for "Reasons Why Scrym Should Get a PS2"?
  • I was just listening to the second half of the questions week, and Rym mentions how awesome pirates are....especially in the sky.
    Have you guys seen Skies of Arcadia? I played it when I first got my Gamecube, but sold it later. It was a pretty RPG, just there were too many awesome PS2 games that were coming out after I got it.
  • Would love to hear you guys talk about:

Donkey Kong Country (N64)
    Some older SNES games like Starfox, Street Fighter 2 Turbo etc
    Any Final Fantasy
  • Donkey Kong Country (N64)
    Donkey Kong Country was for the SNES. Donkey Kong 64 was for the 64.
  • Donkey Kong Country (N64)
    Donkey Kong Country was for the SNES. Donkey Kong 64 was for the 64.
    Ahh, your right. I actually meant the SNES version (Don't know why I typed N64!), anyway I love that game!
  • Kane & Lynch. I want to see if Rym or Scott get fired.
  • People, remember. We only have a Wii, DSes, and PCs. We do not have any PlayStations or XBoxes, nor will we be likely to have any in the near future.
  • Do an exclusively NDS episode on the next game show.Talk about what games your loving at the moment and what you're looking forward to in the future.
  • Do an exclusively NDS episode on the next game show.Talk about what games your loving at the moment and what you're looking forward to in the future.
    Have Worms, getting Advance Wars 2. Nothing else on the radar because Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles does not have enough info out.
  • Because I'm on a Kirby high, any Kirby game.