This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• Can somebody explain to me who Skip Bayless is and why I should care that he's a moron?
  • chaosof99 said:

Can somebody explain to me who Skip Bayless is and why I should care that he's a moron?

He's just a sports writer who is outspoken and not very likeable. He's like the definition of ESPN. So all the reasons to hate ESPN also apply to him.

As for the handegg. New England is taking it. No G-Men around this time. It's like Superman's coming through, and ain't nobody got any kryptonite.
  • Nope. Hawks repeat. I want it to be Pats/Hawks to see a match up between Gronk & Kam.

Also Richard Sherman is better at life than Skip Bayless:

• The Packers have Kryptonite. We are one of New England's losses. Seattle is the test for us. We get them, I think we have whoever the AFC sends. If Rodgers was healthy, I'd say we got this but because he's gimped... :-/
  • Dromaro said:

The Packers have Kryptonite. We are one of New England's losses. Seattle is the test for us. We get them, I think we have whoever the AFC sends. If Rodgers was healthy, I'd say we got this but because he's gimped... :-/

Keep praying.
  • I don't do "praying". The :-/ was shorthand for "I don't think we have this even though I hate picking against my team". I'm still rooting for the Packers all the way!
  • Rochelle said:

Also Richard Sherman

Sherman vs. Revis (not directly, I know, but just for comparison) would also be interesting. You've basically got the two best CBs in the league there. Oh, and some extra drama with Browner being on the Pats this year too.
  • Yeah. I was thinking about that too. Browner is original LOB. He can hit hard.

Not a fan of Welker, so I enjoy watching that, however I don't want to see our receivers on that end. It's been 2 years since Pats/Hawks last played each other. I really want to see this happen.

As for the Carolina vs. Hawks game, I was at Buffalo Wild Wings watching the game. It was such a blast being around fellow 12s and just jumping out of my chair and high fiving folks whenever something awesome happened.

I'm still concerned for this Sunday's game. A-Rod has clutch powers. Can't discount anything. However, this article from a hardcore Hawks fan has me feeling a bit better.

Is it Sunday, yet?
  • The Bucs haven't won a playoff game since since winning the Superb Owl? Wow. Also funny that the Raiders who lost that same game also haven't won a playoff game since then.
  • Man, it sucks when you can say the Jaguars have won a playoff game more recently than you have.
  • Rochelle said:

It's been 2 years since Pats/Hawks last played each other. I really want to see this happen.

Oh, and for a little more interest to the story, the Pats' previous head coach before Belichick was none other than current Hawks coach Pete Carroll.
  • Since the merger, the Buckeyes have one more playoff win than the Lions.
  • Starfox said:

Since the merger, the Buckeyes have one more playoff win than the Lions.

Ouch.
  • Looks like Green Bay has a big advantage. They're hooked on board games.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/15/7554289/green-bay-packers-settlers-of-catan
  • Games typically take around 90 minutes

What kind of dweebs do we have playing? Jeez guys, step it up already. No trades, put the thief where it will do the most damage, let's go. Play to win the game.
  • I'm willing to let them have their suboptimal Catan strategies in exchange for optimal football play.
  • I am unimpressed, Seattle. Less than an hour before the game and I've seen about 4 people in the stands.

Your fandom is weak, your waifu is not real, your milkshake brings no one to the yard, and Packer fans everywhere demand your lunch money.
  • Forget the Seahawks defense, forget Wilson and Lynch, this specials team is killing it!
  • Well, that was fun.
  • I feel sick.
  • My hypothesis is that the Seahawks are secretly way better than everyone else, and make their real money by a betting racket based on them making last-minute comebacks, because that was fucking absurd.
  • Alright Ro. My home team versus your home team.
  • His name was Luck and he had a horseshoe on his helmet. The universe has failed him today.
  • Still tired. Watching all the news. I need to find the awards ceremony because I missed it. At least most of the internet and NFL rewind has the RW interview of tears.